Islamic Forum
dot

Questions, Comments And Suggestions

:sl:

Because this section doesn't allow starting new topics, I thought I start this one for you to post any questions, comments or suggestions that you may have about this Quran memorizing competition.

Barak Allah feekum.

PropellerAds

In case you're wondering 'where are those surah topics?' I'm currently preparing them, and insha'Allah I'll start posting the first surah, #78, within a few days.

Edit: I've just posted surah 78.

Insha'Allah I'll post the next one, surah 79, when competitiors finish memorizing surah 78.

Assalamu Alaikum, JazaakAllahu Khairan for your effort, and making this challenging and encouraging at the same time for members to get connected with the Qur'an.

Suppose I take part in the competition, I know the tracker will keep record of my progress, My question is would someone be testing me for the recitation, or will there be a test or how is it going to be, Or is it on Trust Basis, if someone lies, they are lying to themselves and decieving themselves.

Maybe I missed something in your explaination, could you please clear it up for me.

JazaakAllahu Khairan, umAhmad.

Jazakum Allahu khayran sis for your kind duaa.

Its as you mentioned, on a trust basis. I'm confident that insha'Allah all members will take this seriously and honestly. There is no reason to pretend, simply because the rewards we get when we memorize the Quran insha'Allah will be from Allah subhanahu wa taala, not from me or anyone else. Thanks for raising that question. Insha'Allah I'll add a line to clear this out for other members. I guess its important, because some members may think twice or shy away if they thought someone will be testing them. No tests involved, but insha'Allah there will be several tools in each surah to help members practice as much correct recitation as possible online.

Assalamu alaikum, Alhamdulillah that's really good. InshaAllah will take some time before deciding and will get back.

Dear sir

I would like to appreciate your efforts to make this forum more lively and useful. May Allah reward you :sl:

Well i guess instead of making it one month we can stretch it over 3,4 months or bit more we will get more members into competition plus some people who are working ,studying and family can memorize little by little they will have more amount of time to study

I advise sir side by side you make a informative calendar library certain days for each surah suppose from february 15-17 for first one surah ( if surah are small then 3,4 smallers surahs can be put up in one day) u provide us with excellent audio recitation , how to read that surah , meaning of that surah etc available then you move on...to next ....whoever joins will see the side by side plan put up by you and learn from there ...

I have one idea to test whether person has studied or not ...he should be made to write in approximate english translileration like suppose if u want to test myself for Surah ikhlas i will write " qul huwa laahu ahad allahu samad lam yalid wa lam yulad wa lam ya qullahu kufuwan ahad " ...i will write it and pm u ...it cannot be a copied translileration because it is not exact the way a translileration is done which means it is written by me only . For longer surah one can keep typing little by little groups of ayah he has studied in his computer notepad and finally when he completes the surah fully , he can send it to you as a pm u can see whether surah is complete or not then u can upgrade the progress bar

Anywaz I donno this will work out or not but u can have a thought over it or some other method also u can find out from this idea

Edited by mac111

Brother I thank you for your kind words and duaa.

Actually there is n time frame for the competition. Insha'Allah it will be always on, and new members can join anytime now or in the future. The only difference is that surahs now will be posted one at a time, where as in the future insha'Allah all 37 surahs will be already there. In both cases, members are required to start from surah 78 and end at surah 114.

As for testing, the idea is to take your word for it. Only you can judge your own progress, because its not just memorizing text.. there is also tajweed involved, and understanding the meaning of verses too. You can ask a friend or relative to test your memorization, comparing it to the corresponding audio track.

Assalamu alaikum,

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

What if someone already memorized most or even all of the surah?

You took the question out of my mouth. What if someone knows the surahs already, I am looking up into the meaning and the commentary.

umahmad.

You can still join. There is alway room for improvements and to brush up your memory. And remember, this is not only about memorizing, there is in-depth reading, and improving your pronunciation and tajweed. Having all 37 surahs already memorized would give you more time to refine and study deeper insha'Allah.

I suggest you allow some time for novice memorizers, before you ask me to fill your cells with green :sl:

Asalam alikum,

What I get is you will turn the box green when someone memorize that sura, so my question is..

What About if someone already memorize some of the suras from the mentioned list? Will you color that box green from the start?

Asalam alikum,

What I get is you will turn the box green when someone memorize that sura, so my question is..

What About if someone already memorize some of the suras from the mentioned list? Will you color that box green from the start?

ye same question i had in mind

you said that everyone is required to start from surah 78 but what if you already know surah say 114 or something will that box be coloured only after i memorise the ones before it?

Yes brothers, you have to start from surah 78. Please notice that the competition is not just about memorizing. There are 4 aspects that must be finished in each surah before you can submit (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=38240&view=findpost&p=402691"]this form[/url].

Assalamou Alaicom!

Masha Allah, it's such a wonderful idea - already sent t out to 100+ contacts and insha Allah this competition will be spreading like wild fire! Jazakom Allahu khair.

Just one question though,

is ths competition only for the 30th chapter? or will it continue to chapter 29, 28...etc after a group has finished?

Also, if one doesn't keep up and drags on for so long while all the rest of the group members are finished, would be be out?

Fee amanilah

Edited by guidance

Jazakum Allah khayr sister, and thanks for letting others know about this.

Insha'Allah we continue to the other 29 parts of The Quran. It takes a lot of time to prepare, but insha'Allah we'll get there.

As for those who don't keep up with the rest, its the duty of others in that group to encourage and push them to make progress, and remind them that they'll drag your group behind. That's why we use the group system, to help and encourage each other in pleasing The Lord subhanahu wa taala.

Assalamu Alaikum,

Oftentimes you may think that you have memorized a chapter, only to find that you haven't really perfected it when you recite it to another. I strongly suggest that all who memorize attempt to find someone to recite to, especially one who is more learned in the Qur'an / tajweed. It would be nice for us on Gawaher to find a partner to listen to us, if possible.

Peace

Assalamu alaikum, Your right, We should read it to someone, Alhamdulillah I have read the last juzz to my husband and I would suggest that all of us should have someone who would listen to your recitation. And I have one more suggestion for anyone who wants to take it inshaAllah. To make your memorization strong, read all the Surahs that you have memorize in Nafl Salat, I find this the best way to keep in in our heads.

Assalamu alaikum, All the best to all of you who have registered to this memorization project.

Salaas and duaas, umAhmad.

Yes, agreed. Even if you don't have someone around to listen to your recitation, you can record your voice and listen to it, comparing it to the reciter. Just plugin your mic, and use 'Sound Recorder' (all programs > accessories > entertainment > Sound Recorder).

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah,

I was reading through the tafseer of Surat Al-Naba (37) and of course you know that the tafaseer hold some different interpretations. I had some questions in regards to understanding the interpretation and thought that because many members are now a part of this challenge, we should open a thread to discuss any questions that may arise as we undertake this challenge.

Now, the thread would not be for us to self-interpret. There is NO need to reinvent the wheel, as the tafaseer are all out there. Those great minds did some amazing work for us. The thread would be to offer other authentic tafaseer and share the meanings or help others understand the meanings.

I have started with the Fee Thilaal AlQuran tafseer but I'm looking into others to get a well rounded understanding.

The main purpose of starting such a thread would be to bolster our learning process.

What are your thoughts?

To make your memorization strong, read all the Surahs that you have memorize in Nafl Salat, I find this the best way to keep in in our heads.
My father always encourages my brothers to to do the same, a good suggestion umAhmad :sl:

All the best to all of you who have registered to this memorization project.

Ditto :)

:j:

where is the surah topic ??????? i couldnot find it !!!!!!

You will find it here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38115"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38115[/url]

Quran Reciter comes with only surah Al Fatiha. You need to download the mp3 files sister. They are (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=38057&view=findpost&p=401364"]here[/url].

I'm having another problem...how do you install the surahs you downloaded into the Quran reciter?......

:sl: Never mind....I got it!

Edited by -Mina-