Islamic Forum
Arsalan

Each Year 30,000 Inmates Convert To Islam Each Year

Each Year 30,000 Inmates Convert to Islam each Year alone

Sammy Daniels Jr. (aka - Abdus Sami 'Ali)was incarcerated

on Jan 5, 1993, converted to Islam and was paroled on

October 24, 2004 after 12 years behind bars.

In anexclusive Guidance Media documentary he tells of his

life's triumphs and struggles.

This is his story.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetguidancemedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/videostream.php?id=prison3.mov"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetguidancemedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/videostream.php?id=prison3.mov[/url]

PropellerAds

300,000 converts to Islam in american prisons

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=6027&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=6027&hl=[/url]

Lucky you. Lucky us. You now have 30,000 new converts who are violent and dangerous.

:sl:

that's a wrong way to put it. i think they are finding a new hope and guidance by converting to Islam so when they come out they will be satisfied with what little they have and not turn towards criminality again. parts of brooklyn have been completely reformed from drugs by activism by black muslims.

^^^ Yes, you're right, I'm sorry. That was a knee-jerk reaction and my internet shut down before I had a chance to fix it. Many inmates convert in prison to amend for their ways. You often hear stories of born again christians coming out of prison and forming or joining youth groups to keep kids off the streets. I'm sure it is the same with Islam, and I'm glad to hear that religion is having a positive effect in Brooklyn. But just as often, we hear stories of people who continue on a violent path, such as neo-nazism with christian roots. I'm sorry to say that Islam can offer a fairly big opening into that path. They already hate the US government, whats to stop them from becoming Jihadists? There are always some people who are truly violent, and often they try to find a way to give their violent nature legitimacy. Most of these people can be found within the prison system.

Peace

Relax Russ, the U.S. Inmate population is about 3 million souls....so 30.000 people are just 3% of the total prisoners. Its not like theyre going to be released and join al-qaeda or anything.

I hope Islam makes them into better human beings.

Salaams

^^^ Yes, you're right, I'm sorry. That was a knee-jerk reaction and my internet shut down before I had a chance to fix it. Many inmates convert in prison to amend for their ways. You often hear stories of born again christians coming out of prison and forming or joining youth groups to keep kids off the streets. I'm sure it is the same with Islam, and I'm glad to hear that religion is having a positive effect in Brooklyn. But just as often, we hear stories of people who continue on a violent path, such as neo-nazism with christian roots. I'm sorry to say that Islam can offer a fairly big opening into that path. They already hate the US government, whats to stop them from becoming Jihadists? There are always some people who are truly violent, and often they try to find a way to give their violent nature legitimacy. Most of these people can be found within the prison system.

Any violence can be done in the name of a religion, regardless of their prison status. I'm sure many people in al-qaeda, the KKK, neo-nazis have never served time and are just as dangerous, if not more since they know how to not get caught! :sl:

I have a good friend that served about 5 years in prison and has since become an imam. I guess my point is maybe we should focus on the positive :sl: because if we look hard enough we can find the negative in anything.

It is a lot easier to convert to Islam in jail since there isn't that many distractions in jail.

Peace everyone,

Is there a reason why the majority of these converts to Islam are colored people? I've heard mostly blacks convert to Islam even out of prison. There's even the Nation of Islam, a black organization.

Peace JC,

I was reading an article yesterday about that!

Here's an excerpt:

"Converts within the black community say they are attracted to the disciplines of prayer, the emphasis within Islam on submission to God and the religion's affinity with people who are oppressed. "

For the entire article: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_timesofindia.indiatimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/NEWS/World/The_United_States/Post_911_Islam_flourishes_amon_blacks_in_America/articleshow/1680387.cms"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_timesofindia.indiatimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/NEWS/Wo...how/1680387.cms[/url]

Lucky you. Lucky us. You now have 30,000 new converts who are violent and dangerous.

:sl: , i'd love to argue and diss you over this one but even i found this funny....

They already hate the US government, whats to stop them from becoming Jihadists?

out of topic but its not jihadists okay! it's,

Mujahideen

I took it back.

btw, I won't call them mujahideen, but if you want I'll call them a "mooj", which is the term used in the US military. It will sort of be like how you referred to non-muslims as "infs" on another topic...

Edited by Russ of Vespuccia

Interesting that these people are turning to a religion under which they would have been put to death for their crimes. Shame that when they realise this fundamental error they cannot then leave (ok, they probably will be able to in the US)!

Interesting that these people are turning to a religion under which they would have been put to death for their crimes. Shame that when they realise this fundamental error they cannot then leave (ok, they probably will be able to in the US)!

great, great post.. sooooo intelligent.

great, great post.. sooooo intelligent.

well wrap me in a blanket bury me up to my waist and throw rocks at me at your (p)leisure, thank you, I thought so too.

Edited by leics23

well wrap me in a blanket bury me up to my waist and throw rocks at me at your (p)leisure, thank you, I thought so too.

Well, I think you've been visiting ###### websites and the likes too often recently

Interesting that these people are turning to a religion under which they would have been put to death for their crimes.

If what you said is true, the Musim populations should have been significantly decreasing over time.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

Well, I think you've been visiting ###### websites and the likes too often recently

If what you said is true, the Musim populations should have been significantly decreasing over time.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

No, never been on such websites.

They shouldnt have been decreasing as there's wealth generated by oil sustaining populations, once this has gone I think things will eventually turn. I can't wait for the oil to run out, once we have a viable alternative that is. Then we'll see hatred towards the west subside (as it already does from time to time), and the begging bowls come out, again.

I can't wait for the oil to run out, once we have a viable alternative that is.

Dreaming your dreams is okay sometimes but not all of the time. So, let us get back to the reality and tell me more bout the people who are turning to Islam but then been put to death for their crimes.

No, never been on such websites.
It seems to me that you are more exposed and familiar with that stuff than me. And I am a Muslim and live in a Muslim country.

Shame that when they realise this fundamental error they cannot then leave (ok, they probably will be able to in the US)!

Do you know Yusuf Islam/Cat Stevens or Hamza Yusuf? How long they have been Muslim? So, what fundamental errors you are talking bout? I think you are confusing Christianity with Islam. Btw, do you keep up with the latest discovery bout the so-called Jesus in Bible? If those historical facts are true, then we'll know who is the one with fundamental errors.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

Someone was wondered why a lot of Black people converted to Islam in America. I think it is because It isn't the religion of those who are oppressing them. They can see the strictness and the militant pro black attitude, that some sects teach in America, as something they can relate to. They see Christianity with a white Jesus and don't want to relate to. Now this isn't all but some black people feel this way. (I know about this because I am black)

Dreaming your dreams is okay sometimes but not all of the time. So, let us get back to the reality and tell me more bout the people who are turning to Islam but then been put to death for their crimes.

It seems to me that you are more exposed and familiar with that stuff than me. And I am a Muslim and live in a Muslim country.

Do you know Yusuf Islam/Cat Stevens or Hamza Yusuf? How long they have been Muslim? So, what fundamental errors you are talking bout? I think you are confusing Christianity with Islam. Btw, do you keep up with the latest discovery bout the so-called Jesus in Bible? If those historical facts are true, then we'll know who is the one with fundamental errors.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

You misunderstand me, I said it's interesting that they are turning to a religion that would have <probably> put them to death for their crimes HAD they been a muslim at the time, and living in an Islamic country that practices some form of mans shariah law.

Cat Stevens hasn't renounced the religion has he, i thought he was still muslim, so doubtful that he could be called an apostate.

Yes I read with interest about the "discovery" of Jesus' remains, just waiting for morons like you to start a new conspiracy thread to get you through your sad lonely days.

Yes I read with interest about the "discovery" of Jesus' remains, just waiting for morons like you to start a new conspiracy thread to get you through your sad lonely days.

It's your own people that conduct the scientific research, not me .. not Muslims, and I don't want to start a new conspiracy thread. I don't even need "Jesus' bones" to prove how the history of Christianity have been filled with fundamental errors, since the early christendom until today.

Wassalam,

Yasnov