Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mac111

Hello Atheists U R Close To Muslims !

I cant stop laughing :sl: :j: :) good one Elidicious :sl:

Hmmm.

I thought religion was supposed to bring out the more noble qualities of people. Maybe I was wrong.

If I honestly thought you were going to be tortured for all eternity, I wouldn't be laughing at you. Seeing people suffering saddens me.

49:11 says you're not supposed to laugh at other people. Well, at least not until Judgement Day (83:34). I guess when devout Muslims get to heaven, they get to do all the things (sex with multiple partners?) they were forbidden to do on earth. Won't that be fun?

It seems a bit odd to me that you'd be looking forward to things you've spent your whole life avoiding, but I guess there's still much I don't understand.

PropellerAds
ok then tell me why do we die?why cant we keep living forever.there must be a reason behind this.

i can tell you the answer.it because after your death you will be resurected on the day of judgement -this is when you will get absolute justice.so ofcourse we should use this life wisely

Then according to your logic dogs and ####roaches and pigs all go to heaven since they die. After all, since the reason that humans do not live forever is because they have to die to face judgment day, then that must be the case with all things that die.

Or could there possibly be another reason that people die that cannot be explained away by religion?

Hmmm.

I thought religion was supposed to bring out the more noble qualities of people. Maybe I was wrong.

If I honestly thought you were going to be tortured for all eternity, I wouldn't be laughing at you. Seeing people suffering saddens me.

49:11 says you're not supposed to laugh at other people. Well, at least not until Judgement Day (83:34). I guess when devout Muslims get to heaven, they get to do all the things (sex with multiple partners?) they were forbidden to do on earth. Won't that be fun?

Subhanallah.Spamsickle,you sound as if you are upset by their little bit of joke.im sure that they didnot mean to make you upset.please forgive my sister and brother

i am right isnt it peace all and elidicious

Peace

It seems a bit odd to me that you'd be looking forward to things you've spent your whole life avoiding, but I guess there's still much I don't understand.

Good point there, we all need understanding :sl:

Then according to your logic dogs and ####roaches and pigs all go to heaven since they die. After all, since the reason that humans do not live forever is because they have to die to face judgment day, then that must be the case with all things that die.

Or could there possibly be another reason that people die that cannot be explained away by religion?

Livius you didnot read this i guess

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=38222&view=findpost&p=404286"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&sh...st&p=404286[/url]

Now atheists comparing themselves with more dogs,####roaches and pigs :sl:

Read the post first and then reply ok

I'm guessing you don't know a lot about Islam. In which case, I would advice you to do research; trying to make a point without having knowledge on a matter is hardly a way to debate.

Salam.

I'm guessing you don't know a lot about Islam. In which case, I would advice you to do research; trying to make a point without having knowledge on a matter is hardly a way to debate.
I know plenty about Islam. I also know about logic.

I was not the one that made the argument that the fact that people die is evidence that there is a judgment day. I simply extended that persons logic.

Using extremely faulty logic is not a way to debate either.

Now atheists comparing themselves with more dogs,####roaches and pigs

Actually I was comparing all people with dogs and pigs, and only in the respect that they all die.

Read the post first and then reply ok

Do you understand the context in which I made my comment? I made it in reply to this comment:

ok then tell me why do we die?why cant we keep living forever.there must be a reason behind this.

i can tell you the answer.it because after your death you will be resurected on the day of judgement -this is when you will get absolute justice.so ofcourse we should use this life wisely

This person is arguing that the reason we die is so that we can be resurrected. Using this persons logic then all things that die do so because they are going to be resurrected. Is this true or not? I was simply extending their logic to all things.

If you want to make a point that something is true because the Quran says so then so be it, but when you use faulty logic to make your point it needs to pointed out.

We die because this life is temporary.
We all know it....but what we don't know is that why life is temporary...

salaams peeps,

Life is a test so it has to be temporary, we can't be tested forever. The test must terminate so we can be judged and rewarded accordingly.

peace

I can only conclude that they didn't teach logic in the school you attended.

:sl: I agree with you spamsickle :sl:

Although,to be honest,they dont teach logic in most schools.Parrot style teaching is the norm,logic and thought dont really come into the equation.

Life is a test so it has to be temporary, we can't be tested forever. The test must terminate so we can be judged and rewarded accordingly.
yeah...maybe you're right....:sl:

No.This life is temporary because we die
. :sl: :sl: :j:

Ah well we shall all know the truth once death catches us...though i wonder are we prepared to die yet people or are we still busy trying to gain just a teeny weeny little worldy thing be it happiness, wealth, and whatever blah, blah, blah...lol

i don't get it, if i was an athiesm i would ask myself if i know am going to die one day what is the point of this life and why should i bother trying to make a living out of myself when sooner or later i will be roting and decaying underneath the earth....:sl:

i don't get it, if i was an athiesm i would ask myself if i know am going to die one day
Good Point Ajmal...

Ah well we shall all know the truth once death catches us...though i wonder are we prepared to die yet people or are we still busy trying to gain just a teeny weeny little worldy thing be it happiness, wealth, and whatever blah, blah, blah...lol

i don't get it, if i was an athiesm i would ask myself if i know am going to die one day what is the point of this life and why should i bother trying to make a living out of myself when sooner or later i will be roting and decaying underneath the earth....:sl:

That's because you are so narrow minded that you need to read a book to give meaning to your life.

Some people dont have to be threatened with hell,but will act in a manner which their own morality guides them.You think that atheism equals worldly desires and that only death will end the atheists need to maximise worldly pleasure.I've met many fine atheists who dont need religion to tell them what is good and what is bad because they are able to work these things out on their own.Meaning is brought to your life every day,living day by day.Relationships between people are just as important to the atheist as they are to the theist.

Maybe God will reward the atheist more than the muslim,because he did not expect a reward,and did not follow an idiotic rule book.

salaams peeps,

Although I know this wasn't aimed at me, I would like to help my brother out.

That's because you are so narrow minded that you need to read a book to give meaning to your life.
There is a purpose to our existence. The evidence is there, from scriptures and teachings before the Qur'an, which the Qur'an has confirmed. If seeing the truth is narrow minded then so be it. The 'book' shows the meaning of life.

Some people dont have to be threatened with hell,but will act in a manner which their own morality guides them.

Absolutely right. That's because everyone is created upon the 'Fitrah' (natural disposition). So everyone has at least a basic level of morality and goodness. The point is we all need guidance, and help. Now you may choose your own experiences to guide your morality and ethics but you have no standard to go by. How do you know if what you are doing is good? Even if you think it is in your heart and mind it may in fact be bad and harmful. The standard and guidance for success is given by Islam.

Meaning is brought to your life every day,living day by day.
This is a deception. If you let children go to school and let them decide what to do, what will happen? They will play all day in the playground and be happy. But is that the function of school? Just because they find themselves a meaning by playing all day and feeling good, it doesn't fulfill the purpose of going to school. This is a parable for life. Yes you might see people very happy and successful. You may see nations and generations who live peacefully without worshipping God but have they fulfilled their purpose of being alive?

Maybe God will reward the atheist more than the muslim,because he did not expect a reward

Psychologists have concluded that humans only do things for two reasons - to gain something, or to prevent something undesirable from happening. You should think about this before you knock theists who are looking for reward. Wheras you are looking for benefits in this world alone, Muslims are looking for the rewards of this life and the hereafter.

and did not follow an idiotic rule book.

I assume this insult is aimed at the Qur'an. Rest assured your words can not diminish its perfection. I wonder if you have read it? The Qur'an is a miracle. Following it is success, rejecting it is a disaster.

peace

You may see nations and generations who live peacefully without worshipping God but have they fulfilled their purpose of being alive?

Their purpose according to whose definition?

If they have lived peacefully with each other without religion then I will take that any day over living in conflict with each other with religion. Which do you think God would be more proud of?

How do you know if what you are doing is good? Even if you think it is in your heart and mind it may in fact be bad and harmful.

This is a problem whether one's actions are guided by conscience or by the Quran. The men who flew planes into the World Trade Center had undoubedly convinced themselves they were doing good, and would be rewarded in the afterlife. The Christians who burned witches in Salem were certain they were following God's will. Being a devout follower of a religious text is no guarantee that one's actions will be good. Following what is in one's heart and mind does not necessarily mean that one's actions will be evil.

i don't get it, if i was an athiest i would ask myself if i know am going to die one day what is the point of this life and why should i bother trying to make a living out of myself when sooner or later i will be rotting and decaying underneath the earth....

Knowing that one day this will all be over makes each moment of life all the more precious to me. I don't understand your lack of understanding. To me, your question is like asking, what's the point of preparing a delicious meal, when a week from now it's all going to be manure.

In fact, if I were going to be perverse, I might turn the question around and ask the believers, what's the point of enjoying a beautiful sunset today? Surely there will be a billion more sunsets which are even more beautiful in the afterlife, so why waste time appreciating this one? For me, this may be the last sunset I ever see; it's precious, and if I don't appreciate it now, I may never have another chance.

My children are growing older before my eyes. Some day they'll leave home, but that doesn't make me ask myself what is the point of teaching them right from wrong, and helping them with their homework, and talking with them about the opposite sex. Why bother to grow roses when they'll all wither and die? The question makes no sense to me. Just because something is finite doesn't make it meaningless. In fact, for me, it's just the opposite.

salaams peeps,

Although I know this wasn't aimed at me, I would like to help my brother out.

There is a purpose to our existence. The evidence is there, from scriptures and teachings before the Qur'an, which the Qur'an has confirmed. If seeing the truth is narrow minded then so be it. The 'book' shows the meaning of life.

Absolutely right. That's because everyone is created upon the 'Fitrah' (natural disposition). So everyone has at least a basic level of morality and goodness. The point is we all need guidance, and help. Now you may choose your own experiences to guide your morality and ethics but you have no standard to go by. How do you know if what you are doing is good? Even if you think it is in your heart and mind it may in fact be bad and harmful. The standard and guidance for success is given by Islam.

Yes thankyou,I'm already aware that the muslim considers the non muslim to be bad and harmful.I'm well aware that my #### stinks,yours does too mate.I think I'll rely on myself,rather than hand over that responsibility for thinking for myself.

Psychologists have concluded that humans only do things for two reasons - to gain something, or to prevent something undesirable from happening. You should think about this before you knock theists who are looking for reward. Wheras you are looking for benefits in this world alone, Muslims are looking for the rewards of this life and the hereafter.

Oh,more recycled stuff from someone else.Psychologists might have theories about things,thats great as long as it helps your cause and belief system.I'm not nocking theists,as far as I'm concerned you can believe in the toothfairy and Santa Claus.I just dont like it when someione tells me what to think,and that if I dont belong to their club I'm inferior.Thanks for your response,I wonder how many of your brain cells were activated when you made it?I've got a parrot at home and although it is very intelligent,its brain is about the size of my thumb.

Yes thankyou,I'm already aware that the muslim considers the non muslim to be bad and harmful.I'm well aware that my #### stinks,yours does too mate.I think I'll rely on myself,rather than hand over that responsibility for thinking for myself.

sorry to interfere but.....

Bad and harmful?Who told you that?i dont think non muslims are all bad and harmful.

what makes a person bad and harmful is what is in your hearts.if a non muslim does'nt have a bad or harmful thought that person cannot be bad and harmful.on the contrary,a muslim who has a bad or harmful thought can be a lot more dangerous.and we dont know whats in the hearts of a person.no human can read minds.

This is a problem whether one's actions are guided by conscience or by the Quran. The men who flew planes into the World Trade Center had undoubedly convinced themselves they were doing good, and would be rewarded in the afterlife. The Christians who burned witches in Salem were certain they were following God's will. Being a devout follower of a religious text is no guarantee that one's actions will be good. Following what is in one's heart and mind does not necessarily mean that one's actions will be evil.
:sl: :sl: :j: :) yep

Knowing that one day this will all be over makes each moment of life all the more precious to me. I don't understand your lack of understanding. To me, your question is like asking, what's the point of preparing a delicious meal, when a week from now it's all going to be manure.

In fact, if I were going to be perverse, I might turn the question around and ask the believers, what's the point of enjoying a beautiful sunset today? Surely there will be a billion more sunsets which are even more beautiful in the afterlife, so why waste time appreciating this one? For me, this may be the last sunset I ever see; it's precious, and if I don't appreciate it now, I may never have another chance.

My children are growing older before my eyes. Some day they'll leave home, but that doesn't make me ask myself what is the point of teaching them right from wrong, and helping them with their homework, and talking with them about the opposite sex. Why bother to grow roses when they'll all wither and die? The question makes no sense to me. Just because something is finite doesn't make it meaningless. In fact, for me, it's just the opposite.

Totally Agree!