Islamic Forum
Elidicious

Atheism : Why ?

Hello Everyone,

Recently i've been discussing with a friend of mine(atheist) about this issue. This "Atheism" thing seems very interesting to me. I want to know more about atheists' thoughts regarding their choice.

Here are a few questions i want you to answer. :sl:

1- Why don't you believe in God?(this is optional since there's another thread "if there was God" where you have listed some reasons. Maybe you could give a shorter answer here)

2- Who/What was the first influencial thing that made you not believe in God?

3- If God doesn't exist/or didn't create us--who do you think created us?

4- You think God is a result of... what?

5- Aren't you afraid of the idea of not believing in God?

6- If you believed in God, do you think your life would be better now?

7- What do you think of people who believe in God?

8- Is there any chance for you to believe in God in the future?

Thank You

Edited by Elidicious

PropellerAds

This post has been edited by Elidicious: Yesterday, 09:11 PM - Coincidence? I think not!

Anyway, on a more serious note. Sister you are asking people for their own opinions and whatever they say is the opinion of people. Whereas Muslims don't follow their own desires, we follow the teachings in the Quran, and the teachings of the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) We don't make up our own theories.

Mehmet

Peace Elidicious,

I love questions!

1- Why don't you believe in God? I don't have a reason to believe in a God. I think all people who are religious have reasons for their beliefs, reasons that don't apply to me.

2- Who/What was the first influencial thing that made you not believe in God? I've never really believed in God. I went to a Christian primary school and all the answers to questions I've ever asked about any religion I've found unconvincing since that time.

3- If God doesn't exist/or didn't create us--who do you think created us? We're a product of our environment. I see no reason why our environment should have been created by a conscious entity called God.

4- You think God is a result of... what? Mans innate desire to believe he's more important than he really is.

5- Aren't you afraid of the idea of not believing in God? No because I am sure he does not exist. (At least as defined by any religion.)

6- If you believed in God, do you think your life would be better now? I'm quite content with my life, so I can't see any reason why I would be any better off.

7- What do you think of people who believe in God? I think they must have had a more stressful life than I have had.

8- Is there any chance for you to believe in God in the future? If by God you mean Allah then I don't believe there is.

1- Why don't you believe in God?(this is optional since there's another thread "if there was God" where you have listed some reasons. Maybe you could give a shorter answer here)

It just never made sense to me. I remember when I was a child, telling my very religious parents that I didn't believe in God, and my dad said, "Do you think all this just happened?" We were driving through Yellowstone National Park at the time, which is a very beautiful natural wonder in the northwest United States. And I remember thinking at the time that it made more sense that all this "just happened" than that some disembodied intelligence which could will a universe into existence "just happened".

More specifically, I don't believe in a God who is all-powerful, all-knowing, and infinitely good, because such a God wouldn't let the creatures He's created suffer for the sake of a test for which He already knows the outcome. He certainly wouldn't torture them with fire for all eternity for the crime of not believing in Him.

2- Who/What was the first influencial thing that made you not believe in God?

My ability to think for myself.

3- If God doesn't exist/or didn't create us--who do you think created us?

I think we're the miraculous creation of matter and time.

4- You think God is a result of... what?

Primitive people's need to explain the forces of nature which they couldn't understand, perpetuated through societal conditioning.

5- Aren't you afraid of the idea of not believing in God?

Not really. If there actually is a God, He's either as just and merciful as the major religions claim, or He isn't.

If He's really just and merciful, He'll give me a pass for being a good guy, and believing in Him when I finally see the evidence that He's real.

If He really is the sort of being who would toss you into the fire for all eternity just for not believing in Him, I could no more worship such an being than I could worship Sadam Hussein. Torturing people just for asking honest questions? On Judgement Day when all the believers are laughing at fools like me (at least that's what the Quran says they'll be doing -- delighting in human misery), if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Might makes right, and I'm off to the torture chamber, but at least I'll have my integrity.

6- If you believed in God, do you think your life would be better now?

I can't imagine how.

7- What do you think of people who believe in God?

Mostly harmless, just like the rest of us.

8- Is there any chance for you to believe in God in the future?[/b]

It doesn't seem likely. I really made an effort to believe in God when I was in high school. I was in the section of the United States known as the Bible Belt, and all of the really attractive girls were (or, like me, pretended to be) believers. I went on week-long religious retreats, listened to sermon after sermon with an open heart, prayed for help in believing. Nothing worked. That was a long time ago, and now I don't really worry about it.

There is nothing like God what church teaches !!! People are just dreaming :sl:

Dreaming?

oh so are we dreaming that we are also here?if we are dreaming the existance of God,then we are dreaming this whole life.we are in a dream.

i just wonder when we will wake up

Sister you are asking people for their own opinions and whatever they say is the opinion of people. Whereas Muslims don't follow their own desires,
Sorry...but your post is senseless. Of course i'm asking people's opinions and this thread is not related to Muslims, Quran or whatever....

People follow their own desires...(which is not related to Islam...just like this thread.)

Edited by Elidicious

We're a product of our environment
For example? what might have happened?(according to you?) :sl:

If by God you mean Allah then I don't believe there is.
No...i didn't talk about Allah or Jehov...or anything like that. I'm talking about God in general.

to make something clear. this thread is not related to Islamism or christianity. your thoughts should be only yours indepndently from religions.

Edited by Elidicious

Dreaming?

oh so are we dreaming that we are also here?if we are dreaming the existance of God,then we are dreaming this whole life.we are in a dream.

i just wonder when we will wake up

Yes dreaming what else , what church tells you to dream that you will get salvation by just believing jesus died for your sins which is sheer FALSEHOOD AND WRONG !!!

Go and read bible its quotes jesus told a man to follow the Commandments-Matthew 19:16-18 (saving by works)-if he wanted eternal life , jesus himself opposed blood sacrifice for sins done by jews. I guess intial christian teachers were jews that they made who opposed blood sacrifice for sins himself as THE blood sacrifice :sl:

So believing the book of contradictions ,current Bible as final authority means dreaming only right ? :sl:

My ability to think for myself.
Is it related to the fact that religions worship God and that's why people live for Him?

I think we're the miraculous creation of matter and time.
Where do you think this miracle came from?? How?? Don't you think someone/something started it??

I guess everything has a beginning/beginner....

Edited by Elidicious

There is nothing like God what church teaches !!! People are just dreaming
I'm not understanding your status....

do you believe in God? if not...could you answer my questions?

So believing the book of contradictions ,current Bible as final authority means dreaming only right ?
When you used the word dreaming...i guess you were talking in general, not only about bible..., right? Because if we dream there's not only bible which would make us dream....,

Quran might give the same effect...., no?

Edited by Elidicious

When you used the word dreaming...i guess you were talking in general, not only about bible..., right? Because if we dream there's not only bible which would make us dream....,

Quran might give the same effect...., no?

i was talking about Bible because it is just work of corruption . I dont want to post reasons again

Go and have a good read here

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://############gawaher######/index.php?showtopic=38351"]############gawaher######/index.php?showtopic=38351[/url]

You will understand why it is work of corruption

Yes dreaming what else , what church tells you to dream that you will get salvation by just believing jesus died for your sins which is sheer FALSEHOOD AND WRONG !!!

Go and read bible its quotes jesus told a man to follow the Commandments-Matthew 19:16-18 (saving by works)-if he wanted eternal life , jesus himself opposed blood sacrifice for sins done by jews. I guess intial christian teachers were jews that they made who opposed blood sacrifice for sins himself as THE blood sacrifice :sl:

So believing the book of contradictions ,current Bible as final authority means dreaming only right ? :j:

i never believed that i will get salvation by just believing in-Jesus(as) or any bodyelse.

and i never believed that the current Bible is not corrupt.ofcourse it is corrupt due to man's inclusions and exclusions in it.

and by the way in case you have not noticed i am not a Christian.i am a Muslim and believe with all my heart in the Holy Quran :sl:

you will only get salvation from the Hell fire if you behave accordingly.you are not supposed have superstitious belief that believing in anybody will save you from Hell fire.This is what the Quran teaches us.It is no dream

i have a request-please dont quote from the Bible to show me proof as i dont believe in it.i believe in the Quran.why dont you try reading the Quran

Edited by haw_wa

i never believed that i will get salvation by just believing in-Jesus(as) or any bodyelse.

and i never believed that the current Bible is not corrupt.ofcourse it is corrupt due to man's inclusions and exclusions in it.

and by the way in case you have not noticed i am not a Christian.i am a Muslim and believe with all my heart in the Holy Quran :sl:

Oops Sorry , Oh ok I havent read quran

Because if we dream there's not only bible which would make us dream....,

Quran might give the same effect...., no?[/b]

Well you are muslims you know more about Quran rite ? According to research as I told you bible has been corrupted by man over the years making it book of contradictions.

Well what I have been told by muslim friends Quran is not changed by a word over 1400 years and you are saying that Quran might gave same effect :sl:

Well you are muslims you know more about Quran rite ? According to research as I told you bible has been corrupted by man over the years making it book of contradictions.

Well what I have been told by muslim friends Quran is not changed by a word over 1400 years and you are saying that Quran might gave same effect :sl:

Peace Freepawn

As I have replied to you in other topic i am saying again that again you dont confuse with Bible further as you pointed out lot of corruption has crept in over the time by human beings. Man has changed Bible thats why there is lot of contradictions but the last testament Quran IS NOT CHANGED BY A WORD SINCE 1400 YEARS WHICH ITSELF IS A MIRACLE is NOT THE SAME like modern day bible

Tell me one hand you have Bible corrupted by man over time and on the other hand Quran - Last Book of God which has not yet changed till now will you get same effect , no way . Have a read with tafsir . Its only enemy of Islam who try to prove it false telling bible and quran is same which is WRONG because they dont know history regarding bible and quran . They might tell you so and so is written in quran etc , they might bring out of context verses here so that you dont read Quran and be losers like them i bet but dont be discouraged by them go get a copy and have a reading

Edited by PeaceAll

Peace Freepawn

Hey why don't you give it a try and see for yourself what is in it.... :sl:

Btw whatever contains in the Quran no man can rewrite or make up any chapters like those in the Quran. The chapters itself are so clear and beautiful and surely if you are an intelligent person i doubt you would ever reject it....

I really advise you to have a look in the Quran, we would all be grateful. :j:

You managed to look at the bible, anything wrong in having a look at the Quran too...

And one more thing the person above in your qoute that said 'Quran might have the same effect of bible' she herself mentioned before that she either never or will never touch or read the Quran, its just shows clearly she does not really know what she is talking about herself...no offence Elidicious...

May Allah guide us all. Ameen

Peace all :)

Edited by Ajmal

And one more thing the person above in your qoute that said 'Quran might have the same effect of bible' she herself mentioned before that she either never or will never touch or read the Quran, its just shows clearly she does not really know what she is talking about herself
Ajmal...wether i read Quran or not, is my business and i don't give explanations to anyone here...What i wanted to point out for Freepawn is that he's giving reasons(why he doesn't believe in God)mentioning only the bible and not Quran. you can't say:"i don't believe in God because bible......." he could say:"i don't believe in God because bible + Quran......"

and something else. i know bible has been changed over the years....so guys....don't send me PMs about that. I've known it since i joined the forum....

Edited by Elidicious

You managed to look at the bible, anything wrong in having a look at the Quran too...
that's what i meant when i said that.

What i wanted to point out for Freepawn is that he's giving reasons(why he doesn't believe in God)mentioning only the bible and not Quran. you can't say:"i don't believe in God because bible......." he could say:"i don't believe in God because bible + Quran......"

Well my rejection is based on bible and church till now only but I guess I will be back after going through Quran :sl: , but do you people believe in original sin as in christianity?

Well my rejection is based on bible and church till now only but I guess I will be back after going through Quran
Ok. that's what i wanted to know. not a big philosophy....

you can't say:"i don't believe in God because bible......." he could say:"i don't believe in God because bible + Quran......"

Why? It does not make sense....

The person hasn't read the Quran so why should he say 'bible + Quran' when he has no knowledge about the Quran at the first place....

Its like saying i like apple and pinneapple but in reality i have never tasted a pineapple, you get it?

:sl:

Wasalaam

P.s Oh Freepawn am really happy you chose to study the Quran. And to your last question 'but do you people believe in original sin as in christianity?', no, in Islam we understand that every baby is born free of sin :sl:

Peace

Edited by Ajmal

Why? It does not make sense....

The person hasn't read the Quran so why should he say 'bible + Quran' when he has no knowledge about the Quran at the first place....

Its like saying i like apple and pinneapple but in reality i have never tasted a pineapple, you get it

Sure. you're right. but my comments meant this:"it's not fair that though you haven't read Quran, you say: 'i don't believe in God.' So go and read Quran and then say wether you believe in God or not...." hope you're getting my point.