Islamic Forum
Elidicious

Atheism : Why ?

Alright i understand your point now. :sl:

Thanks

Wasalaam :sl:

PropellerAds

OK. Good.

I think we're the miraculous creation of matter and time.

interesting.. Creation of matter and time? Matter? Who created matter? Who created time? And not only matter, who created Atom? who make nucleus? Who made elctrons to revolve around the nucleus? If answer is no one, that I am sorry , it doesn't make any sense to me..

Once, I was also very interested into atheisem, just because .0one of my favourite teacher in university was atheist.

I asked many questions, but in the end I convinced by the existance of God,.. One of the thought of that time was..

I compared latest Digital Video Camera with human eye, and then I asked different people that which one is having more complex technology, and more complex system within it? All answered about the eye.. than I think and asked questions to many people that If I see a digital camera somewhere, and someone tell me see, this is produced through evolution, after Big bang, and water, and rain, and this, and that, and after reactions of thousands of years , now here it is " DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA" i will slap him on his mouth, many people answered that a mad man can only believe this,so if I cannot believe this about "Digital camera" than how can I believe this about more complex eye? and this is only one organ of our body. And there were many more thoughts like this, that ends up with rejection of theory of Atheisem.

This sentence " CREATION OF MATTER " is not making any sense for me. We are talking about a whole world in MATTER i.e. ATOMS, electrons, neucleus, protons, neutrons, energy levels, orbits, circulation of electrons.. who created this? Who made this beautiful balanced system? who created the world within ATOM?

Extrememly senseless for me, " Creation of Matter",lol.

And yeah, what is "Miraculous"

[

1- Why don't you believe in God? no reason to believe

there's no evidence of God existence

2- Who/What was the first influencial thing that made you not believe in God?

i think it was when I started to learn about my religion .. I started to read bible and I found a lot of ridiculous contradictions there

3- If God doesn't exist/or didn't create us--who do you think created us?

life is a purely natural phenomenon. no supernatural force create it

4- You think God is a result of... what?

man 's ignorance

man couldnt understand some natural phenomenon and so he created God

5- Aren't you afraid of the idea of not believing in God? NO !

6- If you believed in God, do you think your life would be better now? i really can t understand how !

7- What do you think of people who believe in God?

i think that who believes is more fussy about the afterlife than the one here...and they forget that before thinking about the other life....they have to live this one.

8 -Is there any chance for you to believe in God in the future? Not in God....whatever religion teaches me...."

interesting.. Creation of matter and time? Matter? Who created matter? Who created time? And not only matter, who created Atom? who make nucleus? Who made elctrons to revolve around the nucleus?
Yep. i made the same question in the previous page....that's right. :sl:

man couldnt understand some natural phenomenon and so he created God
beautifully said. this has been bothering me for years....

i think that who believes is more fussy about the afterlife than the one here...and they forget that before thinking about the other life....they have to live this one.
Kinda true....that's why i don't wanna go any deeper with studying Quran...or bible..but i have to. i made a promisse to myself. Edited by Elidicious

7- What do you think of people who believe in God?

And as an athiest what is the purpose of the lives of human beings?

2- Who/What was the first influencial thing that made you not believe in God?

i think it was when I started to learn about my religion .. I started to read bible and I found a lot of ridiculous contradictions there

hmm, Did you read Quran?

And as an athiest what is the purpose of the lives of human beings?

your purpose is worship your God , mine is live this life day by day , without stressing myself what will happen to me if i do or i dont do anything

interesting.. Creation of matter and time? Matter? Who created matter? Who created time? And not only matter, who created Atom? who make nucleus? Who made elctrons to revolve around the nucleus? If answer is no one, that I am sorry , it doesn't make any sense to me..

I don't really have any better answers to the questions "who created matter and time" than you have to the question "who created God".

I don't think it's necessary for matter and time to have a creator, and you don't think it's necessary for God to have a creator.

The Big Bang theory is currently science's best explanation for how the universe began, but the Big Bang theory can't say what happened "before" the Big Bang because (according to the theory) time as we understand it didn't exist then. It's possible that the universe will one day stop expanding, and collapse back into the sort of singularity which gave rise to the big bang. It's possible that an infinity of universes have been expanding and collapsing in this fashion for all eternity. I don't know, and I have no confidence tha mankind will ever know.

But just as "no one created them" doesn't make any sense to you, I don't see any reason to fall back on an answer ("God did it") which to me answers nothing. What was God doing before He created the universe?

If I see a digital camera somewhere, and someone tell me see, this is produced through evolution, after Big bang, and water, and rain, and this, and that, and after reactions of thousands of years , now here it is " DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA" i will slap him on his mouth, many people answered that a mad man can only believe this,so if I cannot believe this about "Digital camera" than how can I believe this about more complex eye? and this is only one organ of our body. And there were many more thoughts like this, that ends up with rejection of theory of Atheisem.

I understand your position, but digital cameras aren't alive. They don't create imperfect copies of themselves which must then compete for resources. The "evolution" of video cameras is much faster than the evolution of the human eye, precisely because they DO have designers, and the various designs compete for acceptance by consumers.

If God has designed a perfect universe, why do you suppose he "designed" the dinosaurs, allowed them to dominate the earth for millions of years, and then let them become extinct? Were they a mistake, or was He just fooling around? Why did he "design" so many planets in our own solar system which are incapable of supporting life? Because He needed the exercise?

I call it a miracle of time and matter because we know that conditions in most of the universe are such that life could never survive there. Among billions of stars in our galaxy, we're lucky enough to inhabit this small speck careening around an insignificant sun. You consider the combination of conditions on earth to be proof of design; I consider the lack of such conditions on 7 out of 8 planets to be evidence of chance and good fortune. You consider the marvel of the human eye to be evidence of intelligent design; I consider the thousands of species which fell by the wayside as we evolved to where we are as evidence that natural forces guided our course.

your purpose is worship your God , mine is live this life day by day , without stressing myself what will happen to me if i do or i dont do anything

Haha thats a good one

Tell you the truth once you have a firm faith in your heart you will never experience stress no matter what the condition may be. You know in Islam stress does not even exist my friend.

Ever since I gained this firm belief of One God and i mean it FIRM, i tell you since that day i have not been stressed but for just a one or two things temporarily. AllahhuAkbar(Allah is the greatest). You may think this is a joke but you will never know till you actualy try it....

If in science not everything can be proven to have belief in likewise we should understand and consider that their is a God/Creator of all these things but that does not necessarily mean it should be proven to be believed in. But yet even in the Quran God has mentioned about his signs and his proof of existence through science but i guess we are not quite there yet to fully understand eh.

To live a life just for the sake of nothing doesn't prove any logical thoughts behind...i live to have fun...but how long does the fun last till it becomes unfun...tell me how long does happiness last for...how long do you remain wealthy while being contentment at the same time(never)...theres always an Id (desire) saying more..more i want more but how much more happiness, wealth can you be willing to have when you will only be in this world for a limited time....surely we must be departing to somewhere...this is only the beginning....

Wasalaam :sl:

You are correct IoDio saying that people forget that before thinking about other life they have to live this one. :sl:

thats why Islam doesnot not prescribe monasticism or separation from the worldly life.

translation quran 57:27 ............But the Monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them................

On the other hand, it does not allow the uncontrolled indulgence of worldly pleasures and desires. It teaches us to nourish and satisfy our soul and spiritual needs as much as we need food and provision It promotes a lifestyle based on moderation embracing both religious and mundane affairsneither aspect should prevail at the expense of the other. "But seek, with that (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on you, the home of the Hereafter, and forget not your portion of legal enjoyment in this world, and be kind as Allah has been good (kind) to you, and seek not mischief in the land." [translation Quran 28:77].

As i said above moderation one should be embracing both religious and mundane affairs neither aspect prevailing at the expense of other .

Regarding becoming blind of what will happen to you if you do or you dont . You mean to say you want to avoid fear that if you dont obey commandments you will be punished that doesnt means that you will not be punished. Have you seen the pigeon when cat comes to attack do you think just because pigeon closes it eye it will rescued from the attack of the cat. Hell is the cat you think just by becoming blind of it you will be saved from it !

Elidicious

Kinda true....that's why i don't wanna go any deeper with studying Quran...or bible..but i have to. i made a promisse to myself.

If you will study quran proper understanding that doesnt mean you will become extremists like some people or you will seperate from wordly life :sl: as I said above Islam doesnt require to seperate yourself from wordly life , you should earn and enjoy this life without forgetting hereafter bringing in moderation in your life . Muslims shuldnt be like jews and christians who deeply studied books before and selected monasticism like becoming priests & nuns in churches etc which they couldnot accomplish .

You can read from link regarding various 'secret' abuses at the churches

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1020400,00.html#articlecontinue"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_observer.guardian.co.uk/internation...rticle_continue[/url]

Edited by PeaceAll

To live a life just for the sake of nothing
She didn't mean for the sake of nothing. For example, it's not that i worship God but this doesn't mean that i'm living in vain. i just enjoy my life (with bad and good things..).

If you will study quran proper understanding that doesnt mean you will become extremists like some people or you will seperate from wordly life
Sure...i won't allow myself to become an extremist. But i also don't want there to be Quran in every sentence of mine, step by step...which i think it's annoying. For example, most of you explain things according Quran, in every sentence of yours there's: "Yeah...sure...because Quran....noooo...Quran..Quran.

.because Quran.. of Quran..." It's not that you guys are extremists, but yet you're into Quran more than needed. And i don't want my life to become QURAN in every sentence of mine or in every step i make...:sl:

Peace

just read the quran, and I believe it will make you (and everybody) a better person. It has had the effect on me that I do not sin nearly as much as I used to before, and that is a good thing. Try it.

Salaams

:sl:

And i don't want my life to become QURAN in every sentence of mine or in every step i make..

The Qur'an is the timeless speech of Allah (swt), and not does it only cover life, but it also covers death and the afterlife- and these 3 are connected to each other, hence Quran ought to be implemented in daily life. It includes principles that have more advantages than disadvantages- and surely we would want to benefit ourselves as much as possible.

:j: :)

Dont worry its just quran phobia :sl: which disbelievers have tried to create because their own lack of understanding linking it to extremism. People and western media generalizes the whole religion from few persons who might have gone astray

Following Quran in your life doesnt mean extremism. Extremism in religious scriptures means taking some verse out of context without understanding its meaning and take it in extreme sense and purposely apply it where it is not to be applied and giving reasons from one's own mind for baseless application

Following Quran and sunnah WITH UNDERSTANDING in your life will not make you extreme but pious and successful in hereafter

Prophet (peace be upon him) whose name same bad people use to support their own purpose ,

himself warned against extremism

Prophet Mohammed (SAW) said, "I warn you of extremism in the Religion for indeed those that came before you were destroyed due to their extremism in the religion."

Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (5/268), ibn Maajah (no. 3029), Ahmad (1/215, 347) with a saheeh sanad.

Translation Quran 17:82 We send down (stage by stage) in the Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss.

This verse clearly says those who are arrogant , envious and unjust who take verse here and there out of context not to understand but WITH AIM to prove Quran is false or to use it for extremist purposes it will cause them only loss. Those who have pure heart , who are humble who r willing to understand it , it will be source of healing and mercy for them leading to belief in God

Hope this reduces some of Quran phobia in good people. :sl:

Edited by mac111

OK...let's see....

I really think you should read the Quran with its tafsir.not just the Quran.Because you might not be able to understand the reasons and the different situations the verses refer to.and this might lead to misinterpretation

gud luck we will really appreciate if you do take a look in detail at whats in the Quran

Edited by haw_wa

Following Quran and sunnah WITH UNDERSTANDING in your life will not make you extreme but pious and successful in hereafter

I totally agree...defintely true... :sl:

What was God doing before He created the universe?
I've always been wondering about this....:sl:...

Thanks for the concern spamsickle , you just worry about yourself what judgement will God pass for you

Edited by PeaceAll

Once you start reading the Quran, you would want read more, more, more, more, take a break, more, more and it continues :sl:

:j: