Islamic Forum
Elidicious

Atheism : Why ?

Elly, just a quick note.

Whenever you reach either extreme (extremely large scale or extremely tiny scale) something bizarre happens.

Things stop making sense.

For example sub particles can be at two places at once or at no place.

So just because it would *seem* logical that there is a 'unmoved mover' at the very least, it doesnt necessarily have to be. Who knows, perhaps there is a God yet gracias a the bizarre nature of quantum mechanics it can only exist once we stop existing yet we cease to exist when stop existing lol!

PropellerAds

Concerning that particles can be at 2 places at once ,

Isn’t it because of the wave-particle duality, and when we say that a particle is in 2 places at the same time we actually speaking of 2 particles which were formed by the splitting of the wave by a beam splitter creating a doubly peaked one . take for example light using a mirror that will let only 50 % of the light to pass through and the other 50 % to be refracted you will say that the light exists in 2 places at the same time but then again it’s only true that the source is the same .

Concerning that particles can be at no place ?

Is it because they are simply virtual particle which flash into and out of existence spontaneously .

concerning logical justification , necessarily existence is logically justified .

(An entire post in bold signifies some sort of yelling)
no, because...yelling means WRITING LIKE THIS....(in capital)

.bold means distinguishing his posts from mines. i usually use bold.

don't worry about the guy. better worry about yourself. :j:

CAN YOU PLEASE TRY NOT TO POKE YOUR NOSE, DUFF? I WAS TALKING TO HIM...NOT TO YOU ...SO STAY OUT!

Everyone has a view on everything
I don't have to agree with everyone's view.

and the smart ones are always aware that they could be wrong.
Not really sure if he thinks he coud possibly wrong. At least his answer shows it. So i'm not really sure if he's as smart as you think. :sl:

as the judge, I think I will decide when I'm out of line.
NO sweetie. You're not the judge. cuz I JUDGE YOU! Let me handle it trying to be objective! :no:

btw, are you ok? :sl:

sub particles can be at two places at once or at no place.
:sl: i don't get it.

CAN YOU PLEASE TRY NOT TO POKE YOUR NOSE, DUFF? I WAS TALKING TO HIM...NOT TO YOU ...SO STAY OUT!
I'm sorry but if you say something interesting I feel the need to comment on it.

I don't have to agree with everyone's view.
Ofcourse not, you have your own views too. My point was that it's all done on an individual basis.

NO sweetie. You're not the judge. cuz I JUDGE YOU! Let me handle it trying to be objective! wink.gif
I think I'll decide my own views instead of having others do it for me. Incase your wondering I wasn't refering to a court style judge. Again emphasis on the fact that the individual decides how we views the world regardless of the fact that his views could be wrong.

btw, are you ok? whistling.gif

thanks for asking, I'm feeling as happy as a 5 year old in a toy store :sl:

I wasn't refering to a court style judge.
Who said i was refering to a court style judge? you said? yes you said. :sl:

i can judge if you're out of line or not....because i try to be more objective than you. just like someone who is an alcoholist says "hey...i'm not like that...and i know it better than you..i don't need a rehab" when it's totally the opposite. :j:

thanks for asking, I'm feeling as happy as a 5 year old in a toy store
aww that's great. :sl: i see. Edited by Elidicious

Immature reason. this is not an answer.
Why not? that's the truth.

and tell me ...why do you think people need to believe in him?
it's just a sort of support they take from that thought.

what if you're the one who's wrong here?
I know i'm not wrong. My heart tells so, otherwise i wouldn't make this choice.

tomorrow something may happen which might make you change your mind.
yes you are right but not when it comes to God.

who said you are the judge? no one is the judge

this one was for duffman because i couldn't edit my post.

Why not? that's the truth.
i wasn't discussing wether what you say is true or not. i was saying that you gotta think about your truth. it's different when you say "the reason is...." from " i don't want to..." which means there's a reason but you don't want to accept it. and i want you to reveal your reason!

duffman

and the smart ones are always aware that they could be wrong.

Winikoy

I know i'm not wrong..

Elly

Not really sure if he thinks he coud possibly wrong. At least his answer shows it. So i'm not really sure if he's as smart as you think.

LOL...I TOLD YA DUFF! :sl:

My heart tells so, otherwise i wouldn't make this choice.
Not everything your heart tells you, could be the right thing! And not everything we choose could be the right choice! :sl:

yes you are right but not when it comes to God.
you never know what might happen!

btw, how old are you ?

Edited by Elidicious

who said you are the judge?
:sl:

no one is the judge
you're in contradict. you were being a judge in the previous posts...lol..

LOL...I TOLD YA DUFF! laugh.gif
I stand corrected. I take it he's very young.

[at]winikoy

who said you are the judge? no one is the judge

It's because this is my world and it revolves around me. (I'm not saying I'm literally the axis upon which the earth spins.)

anwyho, Elly, I take it you accept that god might not exist after all?

he's very young.
Doesn't matter, this is not an excuse. there are young people who are smart enough as well as there are old people who are stupid enough. :sl:

accept that god might not exist after all
i accept that God EXISTS after all :sl: Edited by Elidicious

Doesn't matter, this is not an excuse. there are young people who are smart enough as well as there are old people who are stupid enough. :D

So true...thats an excellent response Elida..some people dnt realise that....

i accept that God EXISTS after all :sl:

:no: Am glad you understand the truth...good to hear :sl:

:j:

i accept that God EXISTS after all thumbsup.gif

What happened to "Not everything your heart tells you, could be the right thing! And not everything we choose could be the right choice!" ? (I did use the phrase "might not exist" you know?)

What happened to "Not everything your heart tells you, could be the right thing! And not everything we choose could be the right choice!" ? (I did use the phrase "might not exist" you know?)

I stand for my own ideas or better for the truth. the arguments the believers give are more logical and acceptable than the arguments atheists give. this leads us to think that there's more a possibility that God exists than the possibility that he might not exist. So this is more than just "i believe it with my heart" thing.

none of the atheists has shown some real proofs why God might not exist. so...this means that your ideas are not as acceptable as our ideas. So i will have to go to the path which is more reliable and this path leads me to the idea that God exists.

you might wanna know what's this path? Path is the arguments that God exists. which are the arguments? check out the previous posts of this thread. YOu don't think the arguments are logical and acceptable? take in comparision believer's arguments and atheists arguments. you think yours are more logical? then this is just a "heart" thing you follow....which may not be the right thing! :sl:

There was already someone who attempted a logical proof of god and failed to find what he was looking for. Illogical that is. Perhaps you have discovered something he hasn't. I would really like to hear your logical proof of god as I have been searching for one for several years.

none of the atheists has shown some real proofs why God might not exist.
And I say it's insane to even attempt to prove that god does not exist, yet I'm an atheist. There is more to atheism then you realize ~ it's about disbelief in god, not the belief that god does not exist.

take in comparision believer's arguments and atheists arguments. you think yours are more logical? then this is just a "heart" thing you follow....which may not be the right thing! wink.gif
It's not a 'heart' thing if you're able to provide a logical arguement as to why a certian proof is invalid. Mostly the problem is that most proofs of gods are riddled with fallacies, I'm impressed you have found a logical proof that doesn't rest on faith. Let's hear it :sl: Edited by Duffman_

it's about disbelief in god, not the belief that god does not exist.
i know you're trying to say something, but i'm not getting it.

more explanations, please.

It's not a 'heart' thing if you're able to provide a logical arguement
lol...do you think this is logical "well...i think we were created by chance....by natural reactions.."

it remains what you think after all.

I'm impressed you have found a logical proof that doesn't rest on faith. Let's hear it
duff, i'm not going to explain the same things all over again. i told you....go back to the previous posts...and you'll find some answers.

let's not talk about the way we were created..cuz i know we don't agree on each other's opinions.

let's take ....prayers. i pray to Him for something, and He does accomplish my prayers. isn't it a reason to believe? or you may say "ok....not all your prayers are accomplished" of course he wouldn't accomplish all of our prayers because that way we would be like..."oh ok..whatever...i pray to God and everything is solved". He tests you and so that's one of the reasons he doesn't accomplish some of our prayers.

But i really thank Him (every single day) that he has listened to my most of my prayers.

you would say "ok....most of your prayers are accomplished... what if there's a coincidence.?"

there's not a coincidence. it may happen 1 in 10 times....but not everytime.

or let's talk about punishment. Everyone who's guilty is or will be punished for what he did (sooner or later). God finds his/her place in this world.(i'm not talking about the after-life cuz i don't really believe in it, yet...)...but ...if you think it...everyone who's been guilty is in jail or has died now. you may say "everyone dies..." but i'm talking about the way they die/or punished. Hussein, Milosevic, our dictator E.Hoxha(and let's not talk about other random guilty people...).

He created people and gave them brain, and people used their brains to create Justice and punish these people. Everything is related and CALCULATED i told ya'.

or the fact that medicine science hasn't given answer to some questions not because of the missing of technology or something..but because of the impossibility to explain some of the things they are questioning for.. so....(though they don't say it's up to God)...they leave the issue suspicious and they accept that there must be something they are un-able to give answer to.

CAN ANYONE ELSE PLEASE COME HERE AND GIVE SOME OTHER PROOFS? MAYBE I'M NOT REAL GOOD AT GIVING PROOFS SO I NEED HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP.

[using large font size is not allowed]

show Duffman some other proooooooooooooooofs.

:D...duff, don't say these weren't enough.

let me tell you that i'm not a religious person...not at all. the only thing i know is that....i call myself a muslim.(maybe i'm a believer without religion...i'm not sure. i don't call myself a 100% muslim cuz there are some things i don't believe in, yet :j:). but i don't think your arguments will be more logical. which means...my arguments might not be logical at all and may be ridiculous. ....but i don't think you've got something better to say.

so taking you and me in comparison, i think i may win. :D.....:sl: lol......:no: :D

now...give your proofs to why God doesn't exist.. :sl:

Edited by Elidicious

let me tell you that i'm not a religious person...not at all. the only thing i know is that....i call myself a muslim.(maybe i'm a believer without religion...i'm not sure. i don't call myself a 100% muslim cuz there are some things i don't believe in, yet :sl:).

You are not a Muslim, sorry to say that, but keeping following the advice I gave you. You should change your religion to "Believer without religion" in your profile.

it's just a sort of support they take from that thought.

Or perhaps people who disbelieve in God take comfort in thinking that they don't have to worry about any obligations or complications (of their carefree lives) that might arise from belief in God.

And I say it's insane to even attempt to prove that god does not exist

Why is it insane to attempt to prove that? Perhaps the word you are looking for is impossible, right?

I would really like to hear your logical proof of god as I have been searching for one for several years.

Do you know the odds of not only this entire world existing, but of our very Earth being able to sustain life and exist in the near-perfect (if not perfect) manner that it does?

One only needs to use their logic to realize that life as we know it is either 1) not as random as some of us seem to think or 2) a miracle with near impossible odds. Now have your pick.

Salam.

You are not a Muslim, sorry to say that, but keeping following the advice I gave you. You should change your religion to "Believer without religion" in your profile.

i'm sorry but i don't feel myself completely without religion. i've started reading a lil' bit of quran, i'm starting to like this religion....so i can't call myself completely without religion. :sl:

And I say it's insane to even attempt to prove that god does not exist

Why is it insane to attempt to prove that? Perhaps the word you are looking for is impossible, right?

:sl: that's it.

i'm sorry but i don't feel myself completely without religion. i've started reading a lil' bit of quran, i'm starting to like this religion....so i can't call myself completely without religion. :sl:

It is good that you are starting to like this religion, may God guide you. But if you continue with this "I'm in between disbelief and belief" God might never guide you or forgive you. Take educated choices, don't just go with your whims and desires. Make your decision a final one.

In Islam you trust in the Afterlife with 100% conviction, if you don't, you are not a Muslim.

It is good that you are starting to like this religion, may God guide you. But if you continue with this "I'm in between disbelief and belief" God might never guide you or forgive you. Take educated choices, don't just go with your whims and desires. Make your decision a final one.

In Islam you trust in the Afterlife with 100% conviction, if you don't, you are not a Muslim.

Brother please do not say such things. I respect your niyaa and I know it may appear to you this way, but you do not know what is in her heart.

Brother please do not say such things. I respect your niyaa and I know it may appear to you this way, but you do not know what is in her heart.

I don't have to peel into her heart. She said that she doesn't believe in the Hereafter which makes her a non-Muslim, doesn't matter if she believes in the rest of Islamic concepts. I'm not saying this without proof, she gave the proof herself. If she wants to prove me wrong, all she has to do is say, I testify that there is no deity save God and Muhammed is His Messenger and the Hereafter exists and I accept God's authority over me.

Plus, even if she is lying and treating her faith as a jest, which she isn't, then she has left the fold of Islam.

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz