Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Princess Mujahada

Little Time To Edit Our Posts

:sl:

Sometimes I post something and then come by it only a couple hours later and I see a mistake in it. I want to edit it, but the option is no longer available. Can the time for the option of editing being extended to at least a couple days? :)

:j:

Edited by Mujahada ÈäÊ ãÈÑæß

PropellerAds

I agree. Other forums allow you to edit any time.

Edited by WVista

You have 1 hour to edit your post.

Unfortunately, due to security and administration reasons, we cannot extend it. I suggest that you review your posts and see if they need any editing immediately after posting them.

I'm not sure what the security and administrative reasons are but I really do wish it were possible that we could edit and delete our own posts whenever we wanted to.

I'm not sure what the security and administrative reasons are but I really do wish it were possible that we could edit and delete our own posts whenever we wanted to.

There are reasons such as, as i've seen happen on other forums, when in a heated debate, people tend to go back to their previous posts and edit the posts and then say " i never said such and such.. prove it! "

I am not saying that IS the reason for it on this forum,. what i am saying is that it COULD be the reason.

Plus, when someone replies to a certain point in your post, only you edit it or delete that particular part later, it can be confusing to other members. Also, when someone quotes some part from your post, and then after a while you delete it, other members may think they might have missed a post or something.

assalamu'alaikumwarahmatullahiwabar

katu (It has becoming a routine habit to write this phrase, but it really comes from my heart that I wish for all of you peace, mercy, and blessings from Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala in this life and in the afterlife.)

I am the culprit and I am the reason why this new rule in enforced. Due to my impatience and embarrassment of my first posts, I destroyed the thread by editing all the posts which destroyed the purpose of keeping it. We decided that we keep the posts as an example and to compare my posts from before Islam and afterwards. Everytime, I saw the posts I was irritated which tempted me to delete my posts until the thread became useless. It could be an example of dawah, but now it is destroyed. I still can feel the disappointment and frustration of Brother Dot in my heart. Now, I feel embarrassed because of my impatience and overreaction. I cannot retrieve the thread anymore.

If you blame Brother Dot, don't do so, because criticism only should be towards me not anybody else. Because my action let to this enforcement.

May Allah protect me from overreaction and insanity through anger and madness through insanity.