Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dot

Read me first

:sl:

The competition is ON!

Islamic Forum is proud to announce its biggest competition ever.

'Challenge 37' is where you compete with other members to understand and memorize the last 37 surahs of The Holy Quran.

We hope that as much participants as possible would join this challenge, where insha'Allah everyone will benefit in many ways:

..memorize the Quran,

..understand its meaning,

..learn how to recite it in proper tajweed, and

..be able to read it even if your Arabic is as good as your Japanese (make that Russian if you're a Japanese).

Both Muslims and Non-Muslims are welcomed to join.

The following posts, down the page, are progress trackers, where I'll record your progress in memorizing the last 37 surahs of the Holy Quran.

Here is how this works:

• First, fill in the (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38243"]sign up form[/url] to join the 'Challenge 37' competition.

• The competition is divided into groups. Each group consists of seven members.
    You can compete individually, and in that case, you'll join the first available position, in a group of your same-gender,
    unless of course you request to join a specific group. Your choice.

• If you have some close brothers/sisters, you can join forces together,
    and participate as one group, and compete with all other groups.
    You can arrange it with 7 IF members, and send me all your names in the same form.
    Group joining could add to the fun of it,
    and you can also help and encourage each other along the way.
    If you are less than 7, no problem, start your group now, by sending me your names,
    and wait for members who find your group interesting and ask later on to join you.

• The competition is both on individual progress basis within your group, and on a group basis against all other groups.

• If you're participating as a group, you can be brothers only, sisters only, or both.
    If you're participating individually, I'll add you to a group of your same gender.
    Gender groups can add to the fun, as brothers will compete against sisters.. let's see who take the lead!

• Everything you need is in the (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38115"]surah index[/url].
    Your should start from surah 78 upwards.
    Skipping surahs are not allowed. If you already memorized any or all of those 37 surahs before,
    its a good chance to revise your memorization.
    You can also benefit in many other ways, because this is not just for memorizing, you can also learn tajweed, word by word (and some Arabic along the way) study the meanings in each aya and surah, read in-depth tafsir, and listen to beautiful recitation mp3.

• When you finish studying and memorizing a surah, fill in (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38240"]this form[/url], so that I can add that surah for you in the progress tracker.
    There is no tests involved, I'll take your word for it. Remember, when we memorize the Quran, the rewards insha'Allah
    will be from Allah subhanahu wa taala.
    Each surah you finish memorizing will have a green cell under it, in your bar next to your name.
    You can easily track your progress, and see how you're doing compared to other competitors both in your group, and in all other groups.

• Insha'Allah you will compete to win one of the following:
    • Best group of huffaz: is the group that has memorized the biggest number of surahs in total
      (adding all members' within that group).
    • Best hafiz: is the member who has memorized all 37 surahs first.
      Then the next best hafiz is the one who finishes next, and so on..
    • There is no end date for this competition, nor a start date. If you're reading this,
      then the comptition is open. Fill in the (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38243"]sign up form[/url] now to join the competition.
    • If you prefer not to show your name in the list, no problem,
      just select a different nick name and I'll use that in the tracker. That way, other members will not recognize you.
      But whatever you do, make sure you benefit from the tracker.
      It will benefit you in the future, as a reminder of which surahs you memorized,
      so that you know what to revise periodically to maintain your wealth of Quranic knowledge.

Insha'Allah we'll start with surah 78, then work up the 30th part until we reach surah 114.

Insha'Allah each surah will have its own topic. The topic will consist of the following:

• clickable word by word recitation by a tajweed instructor
  • transliteration and Arabic text, side by side, and both clickable.
  • aya by aya recitation by sheikh Al Hudhaifi
  • a reciting of sheikh Mashary Rashed Al Afasy made specifically for Quran memorization.
  • tafsir of the surah from 'In The Shade Of The Quran' by shiekh Sayed Qutb.
  • a link to download 'Quran Reciter' which is a very useful tool for memorizing and understanding the meanings of The words of the Quran.

I hope this competition helps as much members as possible to at least memorize those 37 surahs, and I hope you enjoy the fun and excitement of the competition.

Feel free to post all your questions, comments or suggestions regarding this competition (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38112"]here[/url].

Update:

There is now a system of rounds. A round starts when a group is formed, and the round lasts for 3 months.

A countdown shown at top of each group displays the number of days left in that round.

Each group has its own separate counter.

If the time is up for the current round, and the group needed more time to finish all 37 surahs, the group can request a new round.

You can request as much rounds as you need, until everyone in your group insha'Allah finishes studying the meanings, tajweed and memorizing of all 37 surahs.

Winner groups are the ones that finishes with the least number of rounds.

This way, its in your interest to give help, encourage and push the less productive among your group members.

Finished a surah? now let us know

Every time you finish a surah, fill in the (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38240"]this form[/url] to let me know, so that I update the progress tracker.

Please remember: before you submit this form, make sure you've finished the surah from all 4 aspects:

• tajweed/pronunciation
  • word-meaning
  • tafsir
  • ability to recite the whole surah from memory without errors

All the above can be found in the (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38115"]surah index[/url]

PropellerAds

Go to a progress tracker:

• (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38111"]Progress Tracker - brothers[/url]
  • (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38389"]Progress Tracker - sisters[/url]
  • (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=38390"]Progress Tracker - custom groups[/url]