Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Shab E Baraat

:sl:

Could someone please tell me what this is?

PropellerAds

Salamu alaykum,

Aboo Hurayrah, ‘Aa’ishah, and other companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allaah looks upon His creation on the middle of the night of Sha’baan, and He forgives all of His creation, except for a mushrik or a quarreler.â€

The Messenger of Allaah Sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: "Allaah the Blessed and Most High looks to His creation on the middle night of Sha'baan and forgives all of His creation except for the one who ascribes partners to Him and the one who shows enmity." [6]

[6]^ This is an authentic (saheeh) hadeeth. It is recorded by Ibn Maajah (no.1390), Ahmad (no.6642), Ibn Hibbaan (no.1980) and others from a group of Companions. It is authenticated by al-Haythamee in az-Zawaa'id (8/65) saying: "Reported by at-Tabaraanee in al-Kabeer and in al-Awsat and its narrators are trustworthy" and it is further authenticated by Shaikh al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (no.1144)

------

Berat means salvation from sins, guilts, debts and punishment.

May Allah (SWT) have this blessed night as a cause to forgive all of us, all the Muslims.

The holy times like the night of Berat, the night of Qadr, Fridays and the Eid days are the times when Muslims submit themselves to Allah sincerely. These are the times when Muslims are busy with prayers and repentances in seeking forgiveness of Allah. These are the times that Muslims run to help each other and to produce goodness.

Prophet Muhammad (SAV) was fasting in the month of Shaban especially during the days when the night of Berat was near. As a response to those who asked him why he was doing so, Rasulullah (SAV) said:

" The deeds are presented to Allah (SWT) in this month and I would like to have my deeds presented to Him when I am fasting."

In Qur'an, in surah ad-Dukhan, the verses 1 through 5 read as:

" Ha Mim.

I swear by the Book that makes things clear;

Surely We sent it down during a blessed night surely We are ever warning;

Therein every wise affair is made distinct;

As a command from Our presence. We are ever sending."

It is being informed that the night, which is mentioned in the above verses, is either the night of Berat or the night of Qadr.

In a hadith, Prophet Muhammad (SAV) suggests us by saying:

" Keep yourselves busy with prayers on the 15th night of the month of Shaban and perform fasting during the daytime because that night Allah (SWT) appear in the skies of the earth and look for people by saying:

Isn't there anybody who repents so that I forgive him,

isn't there anybody who is asking for rizk so that I give him rizk,

isn't there anybody who is asking for healing for his illness so that I give him healing? And this,

isn't there anybody who is looking for this,

isn't there anybody who is looking for that, situation goes until the morning."

Therefore, let's try to take advantage from this opportunity when Allah, Whose compassion and mercy is more than His rage, pours down on us His mercy and forgiveness in this holy night because maybe we may not be able to reach to these prosperous nights and days ever again.

By listening the suggestions of Prophet Muhammad (SAV), whose entire life is an example for us, let's give-up our sins and/or our bad habits if we have any with this opportunity in order not to be deprived from the forgiveness of Allah (SWT).

Tonight let's pray to Allah for ourselves and let's pray to Allah on behalf of our families, on behalf of our friends, on behalf of our loved ones who had already passed away and on behalf of the humanity at large. And let's request whatever we are in need of from Allah (SWT).

Salam

here some useful links

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/8907/ÇáäÕÃ%20ãä%20ÔÚÈÇä"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/8907/ÇáäÕÃ%20ãä%20ÔÚÈÇä[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/13726/ÇáäÕÃ%20ãä%20ÔÚÈÇä"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/13726/ÇáäÕÃ%20ãä%20ÔÚÈÇä[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/49675/ÇáäÕÃ%20ãä%20ÔÚÈÇä"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/49675/ÇáäÕÃ%20ãä%20ÔÚÈÇä[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/11086/shab"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/11086/shab[/url]

wa alekum assalam

Some scholars such as sheik bin baz say it is fabricated, and the hadiths are fabricated as the narrations do not go back very far too

Assalamu alaikum,

I had a convert asking me about that yesterday and I hadn't heard of it. I was really confused.

Jazak Allahu khair brother Abu Zakariya. If Shaikh Bin Baaz (May Allah taala have mercy on his soul) said that, then I would avoid going with it, especially if the hadiths about it are not authentic.

Peace n blessings!

Asalaamualaykum,

Thought I would share

Dua on the 15 th of Sha'ban PDF Print E-mail

Sample Image

Nabi SAW read the above dua in sajda on the 15th night of Sha’ban. [Targheeb]

A’uzu bi afwika min iqabik wa auzu bi ridaka min sakhatik wa auzu bika minka la uhsi thanaa an ‘alayka anta kama athnayta ‘ala nafsik.

O Allah! I seek protection through Your forgiveness from Your punishment. I seek protection from Your anger by means of Your pleasure. I seek protection in You from You, I cannot truly praise You, as You ought to be praised, You are as You have praised Yourself.

Walaykum asalaam

:sl: everyone for helping me out! Really sometimes I wonder what Id do without gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)!

:no:..!!

Assalamu alaykum

Mufti M. Taqi Usmani:

There are many Ahaadith that have been narrated on the virtue of the 15th of Sha'baan. One of them is the narration of Sayyiduna Mu'aadh ibn Jabal (ra) that Rasulullah (saws) said, 'Allah Ta'ala turns to his entire creation on the fifteenth night of Sha’baan and forgives all of them except one who ascribes partners to Him and one who harbours enmity in his heart.' (This Hadith has been recorded by Imaam Tabrani in his Mu’jamul Awsat Hadith6776 and Mu'jamul Kabeer vol.20 pg.108-109)

Imaam ibn Hibbaan (RA) has classified this narration as Sahih (authentic) and has included it in his book – al-Saheeh. (see Sahih ibn Hibbaan vol.12 pg.482; Hadith5665). Hafiz al-Haythami (RA) has mentioned that all the narrators of this Hadith are reliable. (Majma-uz-zawaaid vol.8 pg.65)

Besides this narration classified as Saheeb by Imaam ibn Hibbaan, there is another classified as sound by Haafiz al-Munzhiri (RA) in his al-Targheeb (vol.3 pg.459). This narration is of Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (Radhiallaahu Anhu) and is recorded by Imaam Bazzaar (RA) in his Musnad. In fact, Hafiz ibn Hajar (RA) has also classified one of its chains as Hasan (sound). (al-Amaalil mutlaqah pgs.119-120)

Besides the above, there are many other Sahaaba (ra) that narrated Ahaadith regarding the merit of this night, such as: Abu Hurayra (Musnad al-Bazzaar), Abu Tha’labah (Shu'ubul Imaan), Awf ibn Maalik (Musnad al-Bazzaar), Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-Aas (Musnad Ahmad Hadith6642), Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari (ibn Majah Hadith1390; Shu’ubul Imaan Hadith3833) and others. The collective strength of these narrations cannot be refuted.

The general virtue of this night has been accepted by many great Ulama of the past. From among many great scholars which have agreed to the virtue of this night are: Umar ibn Abdul-Aziz, Imaam al-Shaafi'ee, Imaam al-Awzaa’ie, Attaa ibn Yassaar, Imaam al-Majd ibn Abdul-Aziz, ibn Rajab al-Hanbaliy and Hafiz Zaynu-ddeen al-Iraaqiy (Rahmatullaahi alayhim) – refer Laylatul Ma'aarif of Hafiz ibn Rajab pgs.263-264 and Faydhul Qadeer vol.2 pg.317

--->In fact, Hafiz Ahmad ibn Taymiyah has said, 'As for the middle night of Sha'baan, there are various narrations that have been narrated regarding its significance and it has been reported from a group of the Salaf (predecessors) that they performed Salaat in it individually, hence, such a deed cannot be disputed.' (Majmoo' al-Fataawa ibn Taymiyah vol.23 pg.132)<---

:no: everyone for helping me out! Really sometimes I wonder what Id do without gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)!

:j:..!!

search/find other Islamic forums :D

btw: unless you have 100% proof that a hadeeth is fabricated please do not put labels on a hadeeth, if a hadeeth is such that it encourages you to do a good deed then isnt it better for you to follow that hadeeth? i see no harm in doing nafals or glorifying Allah!