Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mac111

Prophet Mohammed (peace Be Upon Him) In Bible

Translation Quran 3:81

And (remember) when Allah took the Covenant of the Prophets, saying: "Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Hikmah (understanding of the Laws of Allah, etc.), and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger (Muhammad ) confirming what is with you; you must, then, believe in him and help him." Allah said: "Do you agree (to it) and will you take up My Covenant (which I conclude with you)?" They said: "We agree." He said: "Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses (for this)."

In Gospel of John 1:19-21 we read

"And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No."

We notice that there are three distinct prophecies here: 1) Elias, 2) Jesus Christ , 3) That prophet. The Jews were not waiting for two prophecies, but three. This can be further clarified by reading

John 1:25

"And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be:

a) not that Christ B) nor Elias, c) neither that prophet?"

"That prophet" can not apply to any prophet before the time of Jesus Christ (peace and blessings of God be upon him) because at the time of Jesus christ (peace and blessings of God be upon him) the Jews were still waiting for all three because they did not accept Jesus (peace and blessings of God be upon him) as Christ .

Deuteronomy 18:18-19

" I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require [it] of him."

The emphasis is on the words "From among their brethren." Moses and his people, the Jews, are here addressed as a racial entity, as a whole, and as such their brethren would undoubtedly be the Ishmaelites i.e. Arabs.

Let us read further In chapter 14 , verse 16 of Gospel of John we read the word ‘Paraclete’ translated as Helper , Advocate , Counsellor and Comforter in various translations .

King James Version translates this verse as :

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him….

New King James Version translates the verse as :

16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;

The New Revised Standard Version translates the verse as:

And I will ask the Father and He will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive... (John 14: 16 -- 17)

The New English Version translates the verse thus:

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counsellor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him... (John 14: 16 -- 17)

The word "Paraclete" ("Ho Parakletos" in Greek). Parakletos in Greek is originally interpreted as "an advocate", one who pleads the cause of another, one who councils or advises another from deep concern for the other's welfare

John 16:7-14

But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned. "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.

Some people might confuse Spirit of Truth with Holy Ghost or better word for it which is Holy Spirit which is close to the original word "Holy pneuma." Which is root word for spirit .

John 14:26 is the only verse of the Bible which associates the Parakletos with the Holy Spirit. But if we were to go back to the "ancient manuscripts" themselves, we would find that they are not all in agreement that the "Parakletos" is the Holy Spirit in that verse

We can see the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost was already at that time and with prophets before.

1 Samuel 11:6

"Then he remembered the days of old, moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?"

Isaiah 63:11

"For he (John the Baptist) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb."

Luke 1:15

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee."

Luke 1:35

"And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost"

Luke 1:41

"And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,"

Luke 1:67

"And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him."

Now lets go back to John 14:16 and notice the words "another Paraclete." If the comforter is the Holy Ghost then how many Holy Ghost's are there? The word "another" is significant. In English, "another" may mean "One more of the same kind" or "one more of a different kind." However, if "One more of the same kind" was what was intended then this is positive proof that the coming Paraclete would be just like Jesus (peace and blessings of God be upon him), a human being and a prophet, not a ghost. The Holy Ghost which has being interpreted as archangel Gabriel was with all prophets before Jesus (peace and blessings of God be upon him), and was also present with Jesus during his time and also with prophet Mohammed (peace and blessings of God be upon him), who bought down the revelations. Prophet Mohammed (peace and blessings of God be upon him) did glorify Jesus(peace and blessings of God be upon him) and spoke the truth about him raising him and his mother to higher rank where false allegations were made about Jesus (peace and blessings of God be upon him) . He guided mankind into all truth and he is abiding with us today also with his teachings and revelation of God i.e. the last testament Quran.

Translation Quran 16: 101-102

“Say: 'The Holy Spirit brought it down from your Lord in truth to reassure the faithful, a guidance and a glad tiding for those that submit'…..

Translation Quran 2: 97

Say (O Prophet): 'Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel -- as it is he who revealed it on your heart according to God's directions, confirming the previous scriptures, a guidance and glad tidings for those who believe....'.

Translation Quran 53:3-4

"Nor does he (Muhammad) speak of his own desire. It is but an Inspiration that is inspired [unto him]"

Deuteronomy 33:1

"And this [is] the blessing, wherewith moses the man of God blessed the children of israel before his death. And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand [went] a fiery law for them."

This is a chronological succession of prophets which is narrated through reference to location .This prophesy is reported at the end of Deuteronomy in association with the story of the death of prophet Moses (peace and blessings of God be upon him). It was a blessing and glad tidings bestowed by prophet Moses upon his followers just prior to his death. It was designed to give his followers hope upon the occasion of the passing of their prophet that God is not abandoning them, rather, the best is yet to come, and He shall continue to bless mankind with His guidance and His light.

Translation Quran 7:157

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet whom they find written in the Torah and the Gospel with them. He enjoins upon them that which is right and forbids for them that which is evil. He makes lawful for them all things that are good and prohibits for them all that is foul and he relieves them from their burden and the fetters that they used to wear. Then those who believe in him, honor him, assist him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful"

Edited by mac111

PropellerAds