Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Worried Sis_

Xmas-

Guest _Worried Sis_

[B]Salaam wa alaikum sis/bros.

I have a problem.

Every time it comes to christmas, im always arguing with family members. i do try to stop but it isnt working. they say it is ok to celebrate it and i do not think it is ok. we always end of arguing, i get shouted so bad from family members, they say " we brought you into this house, if you don't like naything, then go. go and live on the street" and then this is followed by a hurl of swearing.

and many of things that are said i take to heart. it is really hard not to. (sniff sniff) everytime we argue, im always ending up crying , i know it may seem stupid, but i hate this.

could someone offer me a soloution.

i really need help.

i can't pray at the mo, but when i can inshallh i shall do dua

please help people

jazakallah

Salaam wa alaikum[/b]

PropellerAds

wa alikum salam,

is your family muslim?

it is haram to celebrate it,

Edited by slave

:D

Sorry to hear that sis

If their muslim then that just bad

If they are not keen on Islam and are going affect you religiously i think you should do summa

If you have an income to suppot yourself, i would advice you to leave the family for a while and live with your cousins? or maybe you have a friend whom will allow you to live in her flat?

Do whats best for Islam

Celebrating christams is just wrong and haraam

:P

Sorry to break the ice ... but X mas is Haraam ... i know what you are going through ... as i am forced to attend such parties and diwaliz ... just coz they are family friends :D ... But Allah is watching .. and HE knows BEST :D

Guest Guest

Assalamu Alaikum

One of my friends who is Muslim also celebrates xmas. She believes in Islam but I think she is very much influenced by her culture. How do I explain to her that celebrating xmas is haram?

I need to take a very gentle approach or it could push her away. I once had a conversation with her about free mixing and was explaining that unnecessary contact between non-Mahrams is not allowed in Islam but she believes that free mixing is allowed in Islam and that my view was influenced by my culture?!! I said that I could provide evidence from the Qur'an and Sunnah to support my point but she still didn't want to know.

So, how do I go about explaining to her that she should not be celebrating christmas?

Your advice will be very much appreciated. JazakAllah.

Assalamu alaikum

Salams

Just gently explain to her that the concept behind this celebration is fabricated and that it is inaccurately represented as Prophet Jesus' (Isa's) birthday. Islamically speaking christmas represents many corrupt and haram ideologies such as Jesus being god, the son of god etc.

Finally, when i was a litl kid i used to say to my nonmuslim friends that i simply didnt celebrate christmas because i didnt belive in it, and what is the point in recognising an idea that you do not belive in?

Insha'Allah she will understand

Wa'alaikumu salam

Guest _Worried_sis_

Assalamualaikum all

jazakallh for all your adice.

but as i am not of a legal age, i cannot just leave home because i havent got nay money becausde i am not of the legal age to apply for a job.

it just is getting worse. i am always arguin with my parent. which is my mum. i try so hard to fight back the urge to give back mouth but it is hard.

as soon as i come into the dorr either form school or something, she hits me and starts swearing.

i told a friend and she said it could be a way that she hows she loves you, but like how?

i really do want to run away becasue this problem just gets worse and worse

pleas help me!

what do i do?

Guest Guest

assalamualaikum

If you have an income to suppot yourself, i would advice you to leave the family for a while and live with your cousins? or maybe you have a friend whom will allow you to live in her flat?

i cant leave home and all my friends are the smae age as me, so if i do live with them or something, then their parents will mind really bad. they wont let me stay, as i am sure many pakistani people know,

Allahfiz

Guest Guest

_worried_sis

assalamulakium

the above text was by me

Allahfiz

[B]Salaam wa alaikum sis/bros.

I have a problem.

Every time it comes to christmas, im always arguing with family members. i do try to stop but it isnt working. they say it is ok to celebrate it and i do not think it is ok. we always end of arguing, i get shouted so bad from family members, they say " we brought you into this house, if you don't like naything, then go. go and live on the street" and then this is followed by a hurl of swearing.

and many of things that are said i take to heart. it is really hard not to. (sniff sniff) everytime we argue, im always ending up crying , i know it may seem stupid, but i hate this.

could someone offer me a soloution.

i really need help.

i can't pray at the mo, but when i can inshallh i shall do dua

please help people

jazakallah

Salaam wa alaikum[/b]

u r 100% right..Muslims only shud celebrate their own occassions. it is in our religion that we should not celebrate occassions of other non muslims...and as far as ure family is concerned..u have tried ure best..for the moment u can cut ure self from all such events...u have tried ure best to tell them whats right..now stay focused and pray to Allah to give us all the right pathe