Islamic Forum
Aboo Uthmaan

The Dislike Of The Salaf In Giving Faataawaa

Back in the days = "i am a righteous person, Allhumdulilah, whatever i am about to do, i do it according to the quran and sunnah"

These days = "I am a self righteous person, allhumdulilah, whatever i am about to do, i claim to do it according to the quran and sunnah, i walk around telling and everything i see is a bida'h, i am going to heaven, all these other people are devient sufis..."

I know, its sad.

Mind you, there are Some Righteous Salaf's left.

Kheir.

loool salaam bro, that is so true! insha'Allah Khayir that we'll get back some of those people of knowledge from 'back in the days' :sl:

wa salaam

PropellerAds
How anyone can claim to be salaf is beyond me.

asalamu alaykum

no one claims to be a salaf for they have pasted May Allah have mercy on them but what we say is we follow the salaf (im a salafi) like saying in arabic ana amreki which means im american not i am america or yemeni im not yemen but from yemen inshallah u can read the rest of this post

Assalaamu 'Alaikum

What does it mean when someone says "I am Salafi"?

Jazak Allah kheir

Asalamu alaykum

All praise is due to Allaah alone, and peace and blessings be upon the Messenger, his family and his Companions.

To proceed:

"As-Salafiyyah" is an attachment or affiliation to the 'Salaf'. And "The Salaf" are the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alaihi wassallam) and the Imaams of guidance (may Allaah be pleased with them) from the first three generations, those whose goodness Allaah's Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) bore witness to in his statement:

"The best of mankind is my generation, then those who follow them, then those who follow them. Then there will come people where bearing witness of one of them will precede his taking an oath and his taking an oath will be his bearing witness."

[Reported by Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal in the 'Musnad', 'Al-Bukhaaree', and Muslim]*

And "The Salafiyyoon [or Salafees]" is the plural of "Salafi", an attachment or affiliation to the Salaf, and its meaning has already preceded above - and they are those who traverse upon the Methodology (Manhaj) of the Salaf in following the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah [of the Messenger of Allaah], and inviting to them, and acting upon them, and they are, due to this, Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah.

* Imaam Ahmad: (4/426). Al-Bukhaaree: (2651). Muslim: (2535).

Permanent Committee for Research and Verdicts

Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz

"Fataawa Al-Lajnah Ad-Daa'imah": (2/165-166). Fatwa No. (1361).

The Jamaa’ah of as-Salafiyyah is the Jamaa’ah which is upon the truth, and it is the one that it is obligatory to belong to, act in accordance with and to ascribe to. And everything else from amongst the jamaa’aat, then it is obligatory that they not be considered jamaa’aat of da’wah, because they are in opposition. How can we follow a sect that opposes the Jamaa’ah of Ahlus-Sunnah and the guidance of the Salafus-Saalih?!

Whatever opposes the Jamaa’ah of Salafiyyah, then it opposes the manhaj of the Messenger (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam). It is in opposition to whatever the Messenger (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) and his Companions were upon.

So the statement of the speaker that the Jamaa’ah of Salafiyyah is one of the Islaamic jamaa’aat, this is an error. The Jamaa’ah of Salafiyyah is the sole Jamaa’ah that it is obligatory to follow, to traverse upon its manhaj, to be affiliated with and to make Jihaad with. And everything else besides it, then it is not permissible for the Muslim to affiliate himself with any of that, because it is in opposition.

So if the person pleased to be affiliated with the opponents to the manhaj of the Salaf? The Muslim is not pleased with this. The Messenger (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “Stick to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs after me.†[1]

And he (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “Whosoever is upon the likes of what I am upon today, and my Companions.†[2] So does a person desire salvation, but he traverses other than its path?

‘You hope for salvation, but you do not traverse its path; Indeed, the ship does not sail upon dry land.’

Endnotes:

[1]: Related by Aboo Daawood (no. 4607).

[2]: Related by at-Tirmidhee (no. 2541).

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan

Taken from the audio cassette entitled, Fataawaa ’Ulamaa‘ fil-Jamaa’aat, via Minhaajus-Sunnah Recordings in ar-Riyaad.

Translated by Maaz Qureshi

Back in the days = "i am a righteous person, Allhumdulilah, whatever i am about to do, i do it according to the quran and sunnah"

These days = "I am a self righteous person, allhumdulilah, whatever i am about to do, i claim to do it according to the quran and sunnah, i walk around telling and everything i see is a bida'h, i am going to heaven, all these other people are devient sufis..."

I know, its sad.

Mind you, there are Some Righteous Salaf's left.

Kheir.

asalamu alaykum

There is only one Salafiyyah, the one who claims that there is an old and new Salafiyyah has lied. If we contemplate over the 'aqeedah of the Salaf from the time of the sahaabah to our time today, we find it to be one 'aqeedah, never contradicting each other. Even if they differed in the subsidiary legislations which are not from the fundamentals and beliefs, then surely they disagree in this (subsidiary legislations). Not one of them belittles the other. This was the way of the sahaabaah, may Allaah the most high be pleased with them all. As for the beliefs, then their manhaj (methodology) in this regard is one from the time of the Companions until now.

Shaykh Ahmad bin Yahyaa an-Najmee

al-Fataawah al-Jaleeyah 'an al-Manaahij ad-Da'waiyyah

assalaam aleykum! i'm new member but have learnt a lot since i joined this forum. brothers and sisters in Islam continue enlightening us more about our religion and almighty Allah will reward you. Jazaa kumu-Allahu kheyraa.

brothers and sisters i believe that as long as somebody proclaimed the creed that There is no deity worth to be worshipped but Allah and muhammad is his prophet is automatically become a muslim. is it proper for us to divide a muslims? our enemy take advantage of our division and continue dividing us more. Kindly advice .

as-salaamu "alaykum

100%. The way it was and the way it should remain.

wa"alaykumus-salaam

Al Salamu 'Alaykum.

Nafi’ said: “Ibn ‘Umar and Ibn ‘Abbas would sit with the people when the pilgrims arrived, and I would sit with one of them one day, and the other the next. Ibn ‘Abbas would answer every question he was asked, and [DO NOT CHANGE COLORred]Ibn ‘Umar would refuse to answer most of the questions he was asked.”[/color]