Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guerrillasaint

The Moment You Knew Allah As God

Knowing Islam

When is the age that a child knows that they have done wrong?

So the wages of sin isn't death in Islam?

What is sin in Islam?

Thank you for you answers. May we all understand and accept the true nature of God.

PropellerAds

:sl: brothers and sisters

What is the age that a child knows that they have done wrong?

It depends on the individual. Not all people are the same. Some mature faster than others, and at an earlier age, while for others it takes longer.

It's not just the idea of merely ''knowing they have done wrong''. A toddler knows he has done something wrong when his mother tells him not to repeat it.

It's when they really start to be conscious of their deeds, aware of the greatness and seriousness of their actions and the consequences following them. And for a Muslim, being conscious of Allah watching him, knowing that in doing something bad, he will be disobeying Allah, and when he does good he will be pleasing Allah. Muslim children should be brought up to believe in this from when they are small, but what I mean is when they really and truly feel regret for their bad deeds etc.

So the wages of sin isn't death in Islam?

No, it's not. If a Muslim does something wrong and regrets it, he can sincerely repent and ask forgiveness from Allah directly and Allah will forgive him.

What is sin in Islam?

Sin in Islam is anything that goes against Allah Almighty and His Prophet's (peace and blessings be upon him) laws. There are some major sins that if a person commits them, and then does not sincerely repent, he will most likely be punished for it. There are minor sins that by themselves, may not lead to punishment, but when piled upon eachother, they can. This is my explanation for it though. Insha'Allah a more knowledgeable brother or sister can correct me if I'm wrong or add to it.

I don't really know what kind of definition for ''sin'' you're looking for though...perhaps you could elaborate?

Edited by xXxXMuslima-4-LifeXxXx

Sin is missing God’s mark. God’s mark is doing what He tells you and to do it only for Him. You must put God first in all that you do. Sin is death, which was a consequence of being out of God’s will. Everyone sins and we can’t be forgiven from our sins by doing good things. What are good things anyway. Don’t they change from society to society? So how is anyone to know that he or she has done something good in God’s sights. The only way to know is to do all of what God wants because He decides what is good. Still, no one can boast that they are better from someone else because we have all sinned. Even if you have sinned once you are still in the same boat with the one that has sinned a million times. Because it is still out of God’s will and you are not a true representation of God‘s Glory. If we are doing the opposite of what God wants then you are not Glorifying Him. For one thing what were your motives when you did that good thing? He will search your heart to see wither you were seeking Him in your actions or weather you were seeking to extol yourself. Since we as humans were made to Glorify God when we do things that don’t Glorify God (which is anything outside of the will of God) it is a Sin. We not only wrong God for our action but we do an injustice to ourselves. We were meant to be a walking , talking, thinking, acting representation of God. To do this we must do everything God want us to do. Still as humans we don’t ever do that. The only one who was a walking talking representation of how humans should be was Jesus. So by giving him-self as a sacrifice and dieing on the cross God was able to forgive every one through out time. It is like Jesus paid the tab for our sins in the past and His payment is so absolute that is covers our sins that we have yet to commit. Still you must allow him to pay. Therefore, to be forgive for all of your trespasses you must put your faith in Christ as the son of God and your savior and be reborn through Him.

It has always been that ways from Adam to now. If you had faith in God and what He said then you can do anything. This is all because of God’s grace. You may be wondering about those who came before during the law. The same was true for them. To truly be able to fulfill the law on must put all of their faith in God. The only way to be forgiven of our sins is through faith. (Rom 1:17, Hab 2:4) If Adam had faith in what God said and believed that he would taste death if he did eat the fruit then this conversation would be pointless.

May your heart truly belong to the Most High. This is my prayer.

Peace and God Bless.

Sin is death,
Why so , When Adam sinned he wasn't asked for a sacrifice of himself nor anyone . He sought repentance for his actions by praying directly to God .

What are good things anyway. Don't they change from society to society?

Not in Islam. Good is What Allah decides is good for us and Evil is what he says is evil for us . For eg; In Islam Adultery and Homosexuality and Usury are major sins even when it has become very common in many parts of the world . Islam is not "morally relativistic" but absolute.

Still, no one can boast that they are better from someone else because we have all sinned.
Agreed, But one who worships idols is not like the one who worships his creator. A murdered is not like one has not committed Murder .

Sins are not all the same ,

I hurting myself is a sin ,

but hurting others is a bigger sin ,

if the other is my parents its even a bigger sin

so and so forth.

If we are doing the opposite of what God wants then you are not Glorifying Him.

This is what we are saying too ..God wants us to worship and Glorify him alone with giving a share of it to any of the creation including jesus, moses and all the prophets . This is the essence and purpose of creation .

For one thing what were your motives when you did that good thing?
In Islam actions God judges actions primarly by their intenions . So I give charity just to become famous , its not a good deed but a sin .

. We not only wrong God for our action

We do not believe So, God is high above being harmed or wronged by his creation who are helpless by themselves.

The only one who was a walking talking representation of how humans should be was Jesus.
So , Jesus prayed to God alone to let his "cup pass"while he was going to be crucified, Why do you pray to Jesus and not follow what Jesus did ?

You aren't actually following Jesus ..are you ?

No Person bears the sin of the other , Why should it be so ?

You are responsible for you own deeds , every single one of them , from what you do when you are hidden from mankind to what you do in public. This is justice. Having some one else die for your sins is unjust .

It has always been that ways from Adam to now.

I strongly disagree, Adam and the rest of the prophets never worshiped jesus , they did not believe in anything to do with the crucifiction. They do not worship the holy spirit nor the son of Mary.

If you had faith in God and what He said then you can do anything
So you can do any evil and claim " I have faith and Iam a good person" ?

This is false , in Islam faith is directly linked to actions , that is actions are the fruits of faith , so one who truly has faith will strictly abide by the laws of God , If he does good his faith will increase and vice-versa .

In Islam Faith ( Imaan) is defined as " Belief in the heart, affirmation of the tounge and Action of the Limbs"

The only way to be forgiven of our sins is through faith

Faith is a necessary requirment , But forgiveness requires more than faith ,

It requires that one stay away from the sin and sincerely repenting to God for your transgression against you own soul and his law.

May God Guide us to what he loves .

Peace

"Why so , When Adam sinned he wasn't asked for a sacrifice of himself nor anyone . He sought repentance for his actions by praying directly to God ."

In the beginning man was made in the image of God.( Ge 1:27) So now you must ask your self what does it mean to be created in the image of God. The answer is Jesus because He is the image of God. (2Co 4:4) How did he live? What were his action? He didn’t do anything unless it was in the will of God because, like is said, He was a true image of our Might God. Still, as you have asked, why is sin death? The easiest answer is because God said. (Ge 2:17) The reason why God said it is death is because it is not of God. What is God? He is life. He is everything worth having If you are sinning then you are turning your back on God’s will and choosing to live the way you see fit. But the problem is we don’t know how to live. If you do this then you remove yourself spiritually from God. To step way from God is death because He is life. He His the only reason why life exist. So if you say I don’t want to follow you God. Even if it is the most trivial of your choices (in your eyes) your actions are claming that you don’t respect Him and that you know what is best. At that time you could still repent and be sorry but the choice was made and through the actions of the first man and woman sin came into the world. The action of defiance to step way from God is much more than disobeying your mother. It has dire consequences. God told Adam if He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil He would surly die. Not only did he die but he brought death into the world.

"Not in Islam. Good is What Allah decides is good for us and Evil is what he says is evil for us . For eg; In Islam Adultery and Homosexuality and Usury are major sins even when it has become very common in many parts of the world . Islam is not "morally relativistic" but absolute."

As I have said in Christianity it is the Same. God may have mercy on you, but Since God is the originator of good he is the decider of what is good.

"Agreed, But one who worships idols is not like the one who worships his creator. A murdered is not like one has not committed Murder .

Sins are not all the same ,

I hurting myself is a sin ,

but hurting others is a bigger sin ,

if the other is my parents its even a bigger sin

so and so forth."

In Society sin seems to be different. Still once you disobey God what you are saying is that I know better. Or I don’t care what you say I am still doing it. You place yourself above God when you sin. That’s what makes all sin equal. Through your sin you are illegitimately proclaiming yourself more important than God. To be forgiven you must ask in the right way because if you ask your way you are still saying that you know better. (and I mean no disrespect, but this is what I know to be true) The only way to be wiped clean is to ask in the name of Jesus. To believed that He died for you because He loved you. God wants you to know his depths and heights. He has made it possible through Jesus. Our savior.

"This is what we are saying too ..God wants us to worship and Glorify him alone with giving a share of it to any of the creation including jesus, moses and all the prophets . This is the essence and purpose of creation ."

Are saying is that we are to worship Jesus and Moses? If you don't mind would you explain to me why Allah say to worship Him alone and then say give some worship to Jesus and Moses?

The only reason we worship Jesus is because He is God. God being all powerful can do whatever He wants. There are prophesies that say that He is God. Isa 7:14-16 talks about a sign that a virgin will conceive a child and they will call him Immanuel, which means God with us. Then look at this verse Isa 9:6 This verse gives the names of the son that will be given. Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Then look at Ps 110:1 where the Lord talks to the Lord. So it isn’t something new that Jesus was seen as God as well as the savior.

"We do not believe So, God is high above being harmed or wronged by his creation who are helpless by themselves."

To disrespect God is to wrong God. He loves us but we act as if He does not exist. We disrespect Him when we don‘t acknowledge His truth and His mercy. To say that He doesn’t hurt when we feel pain, and that when we hurt it doesn't hurt him is underestimating Him. God only wants the best for us and He is the best for us. He is the originator of Love . He loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die for us all so that we may live the life He had planned for us all along. His love is so absolute. Don’t you grieve when you see your loved one harm themselves? I get sick to my stomach when I see my husband’s blood. So if I feel this way how much more does the perfect love of God grieve when He see the object of His affection harm itself? I would have to believe that God grieves far more for His lost sheep than we could ever imagine. Why else would He hear us when we cry out. Why else would He want us to do His will? Then remember that Jesus said to love your enemy. What kind of love is that? How much must you deny yourself to open your heart to your enemy to feel for their pain. This love is the Love that God already possesses. He has much more love for us than we do for ourselves. We don’t know what love is until we know the love of the All Might who would make Himself human so that His creation could fully understand the love He has for us. It is truly perfect. It is the reason I have breath in my body. It is the reason I have been redeemed. It is amazing and unfathomable. It is the reason I am speaking to you. I have in me the Love of the Most High and He has placed in me the love for those I don’t even know. Through this Love I call out so that others may know it too. This gift of love that God has given me is too good to keep to myself. I must open my heart so that you can see what God’s love can do. This is a perfect love and everyday I share with my Lord I understand it more. It is eternal and irrevocable. Blessed is the name of the Lord! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Amen.

"So , Jesus prayed to God alone to let his "cup pass"while he was going to be crucified, Why do you pray to Jesus and not follow what Jesus did ?

You aren't actually following Jesus ..are you ?"

Oh don’t get that wrong. Jesus is the archetype. That is why I am called a Chrisitian becasue my life is dedicated to be just like Jesus. ( I want to be, what to be just like Jesus) Jesus is my savior and my God. He is God. Don't look at God as three separet things but as three equal aspects. (A=B=C) The Holy Spirit which lives in me, Jesus who saved me, God the father which is the I Am. Check this out. Think of yourself. We are also three in one. Body mind and soul. My mind is me. My soul is me. My body is me.

"No Person bears the sin of the other , Why should it be so ?

You are responsible for you own deeds , every single one of them , from what you do when you are hidden from mankind to what you do in public. This is justice. Having some one else die for your sins is unjust ."

That is justice but what God has given, through Jesus, mercy. With this one action of a sacrifice we have been atoned. Remember that the wages of sin is death. That is way in the law of Moses you had to kill something living (only animals because they have blood which is life) to be forgiven of their sins. By praying over the animal the Jews transferred their sins to the animal. Then through its death the sin was forgiven. Still they had to do this continually.

Now if you think of Jesus He gave Himself up as a sacrifice. He knew what was going to happen. He didn’t say anything in his own defense (if you don’t want to be sacrifice wouldn't you say something at your own trial?) because He knew He had a very important purpose. So when He died God transferred the sins of those who belive onto Jesus. Since God is eternal and beyond time He knew that I would pray for the forgiveness of my sins. I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus because it is much like me placing my hand on the sacrificial lamb. Through His death I was forgive. Through His resurrection I was reborn to become something new. That day I prayed the prayer of salvation and gave my life over to God. I no longer belonged to myself. I gave up my life up so that I may live through Christ. That is why we are living sacrifices. We are to shed our old habits and with every waking moment live for God.

It is said that “for since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.†(1Co 15:21)

"I strongly disagree, Adam and the rest of the prophets never worshiped jesus , they did not believe in anything to do with the crucifiction. They do not worship the holy spirit nor the son of Mary."

Sorry I thought that would confuse you. I wasn’t saying that Adam believed in Jesus I was saying that All Adam need was to have faith that God’s word was true.

Who are your prophets?

"So you can do any evil and claim " I have faith and Iam a good person" ?"

No, it isn’t about being good. That is not what being saved by grace is about. You must have faith that Jesus died for your sins. You must recognize that you don’t know how to run your life. You must recognize that Jesus is the only way to God. You must be sorry for the wrong you have done. You must ask for the forgiveness of your sins in the name of Jesus Christ. Then you will receive the Holy Spirit who will guide you on your journey to be more like God. If along this journey you do wrong. You are still saved but you still must relealize that you are wrong and ask for forgivness. It is said that If you accept the Lord Jesus and then continue to live like you are unsaved it is like looking in a mirror then once you walk away you forget what you look like. Your life will not be blessed. You will receive the same consequence as you did before. You life will be unfulfilling. It is only when you strive to be more like God does your life become a real life. The man who is save and lives like the world still gets to go to heaven but he will not receive the abundant life Jesus promised.

"This is false , in Islam faith is directly linked to actions , that is actions are the fruits of faith , so one who truly has faith will strictly abide by the laws of God , If he does good his faith will increase and vice-versa . "

If you continue to walk the way Jesus did then your faith will increase but You can’t do enough Good to pay god back for all the wrong you have done. We owe God way too much.

"Faith is a necessary requirment , But forgiveness requires more than faith ,

It requires that one stay away from the sin and sincerely repenting to God for your transgression against you own soul and his law"

Can you stay way from sin? How do you do that ? Just think about it you may be doing one thing right but because we are imperfect you don’t notice other sins, and you may never notice. I going to run through a short list of thing God said to do and not to do. (this is what Christians are taught)

You can’t have hate in your heart for anyone. You can’t talk bad about anyone. You must love your neighbor. That’s not when you want to, that is always. You need to take care of those who can’t take care of themselves. If you see an injustice you can’t act like you didn’t see it you must take action. Do curse. Don’t take the Lords name in vain. Don’t lie about anyone or anything. Not even a white lie. Don’t commit adultery. You can also commit adultery against God if you place anything above God. Don’t worship idols. Idols can be more than a statue they can be money, job, material object, people, and Idol is anything you worship. Don’t covet anything. Don’t be envious of wrong doers. Don’t be jealous. Obey the laws of the Land. Unless they go against God’s laws. Pay your taxes. Don’t cheat. Rest. Don’t steal. Forgive. If you don’t forgive God won’t forgive you. Have mercy for others. Give others grace. Don’t be prideful. Don’t be self-centered. Always pay those who work for you promptly. Don’t try to get ahead at the cost of anyone. Don’t gossip. Don’t do witch craft. Respect your elders. Honor your father and mother. Don’t disobey God. Don’t worship other gods. If you wrong someone go make it right. If someone has wronged you go make it right. Don’t sell off your daughter. Don’t exploit those who are ignorant. Don’t have sex with you daughter- in -law. Do have sex with your mother. Don’t have sex with your father. Don’t have sex with your brother. Don’t have sex outside of marriage. Treat your animals right. Have love for everyone. Don’t worry. Don’t be lazy. Don’t procrastinate. Lean not to your own understanding but in all ways acknowledge God. Don’t tempt anyone. Seek God. Don’t judge lest ye be judged. Make sure you are always self evaluating. Don’t judge someone unless you have dealt with your own problems.

This isn’t even the tip of the Ice burg. So how could you ever be forgiven if it is by good deeds? (I can say that I he done a number of those and I am still struggling with some.)We are forgiven through the Grace of God not by anything we have done. By Grace the glory of God can truly be shown. It has nothing to do with us and everything to do with God. If you think about it if we are forgiven by the good we have done then we can act like we have earned our way into heaven. Imagine that . We can look to God like He owns us our forgiveness. He owes us nothing, all the good we do is because He allows us to though His grace. He has given us our bodies, our lives our souls, everything. We have a tab that is an eternity long because we when we sin we turn our back on the vastness of God. So how could we possible make up one act of turning away from the infinite force of God? We don’t have that much time on earth and there is nothing that good that we can do. The whole that we dig when we just commit one sin is far deeper than we can understand. Remember that sin is above God. Now imagine how many time you have sinned. Can you count the ones you remember, then think about the ones that you have forgotten. Now think of the ones you didn’t even know you did. Shoot. If we have to work our way into heaven then we are all going to hell. And if we all go to hell then that is Just. Ah, but God has made a way. His name is Jesus and all you have to do is sincere call on him. He will hear and he will come.

May the God of Adam show us his true nature and may He give us understanding. This is my prayer. Thank you Lord God Amen

If you don't mind would you explain to me why Allah say to worship Him alone and then say give some worship to Jesus and Moses?
Allah never ever commanded any of mankind to worship other men likeJesus ,Moses, Krishna, Buddha , Mohamed or any other human being. The worship of men have one source that is the misleading ways of Satan. If u look across all religions you will see traces of polytheism which Satan has made beautified for the people and give them hundreds of false excuses and explanation for their false beliefs.

Its from the way of satan to whisper to mankind to exaggerate the status of the righteous, the prophets and turn them in to objects of worship there by decieving the people in to thinking they are upon the truth while they are upon falsehood and polytheism.

The pagan Arabs worshiped Abraham and his sons, the people of Noah worshipped their pious ancestors , so did almost every other people to which prophets were sent. Similarly Christians exaggerate the status of Jesus and worship him while they perceive themselves as Monotheists.

"And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allah, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him), and perform the ritual prayer and give charity and that is the right(true) religion." [98:5]

"O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word ("Be!"-and he was) which he bestowed on Mary and a spirit created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: 'Three (trinity)! Cease! (It is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One God, Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs." (Qur'an 4: 171)

"The Messiah (Jesus) son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother (Mary) was a Siddeeqah (i.e. she believed in the Words of Allah and His Books). They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat). Look how We make the Aayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth)." (Qur'an 5:75)

Jesus and his mother ate the food and had needs like all Human Beings. Allah does not need anything; He is Self-Sufficient. One would imagine that people who contemplate would recognize this fact and come to the natural conclusion that Divinity is for Allah alone and not a quality of any created being.

"But the Messiah (Jesus) said: 'O Children of israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the polytheists and wrong-doers, there are no helpers." (Qur'an 5: 72)

Many of what you say about Jesus's Miracles does not make him worthy of Lordship or Worship because they were performed only with the permission of Allah and there have been bigger miracles to other prophets ( peace be upon all of them).

For eg: Adam was born with out a mother or father where as Jesus required a Mother , which seems "more" miraculous to me .

Think of yourself. We are also three in one. Body mind and soul. My mind is me. My soul is me. My body is me.

You analogy is flawed ,The Mind and body depends on the soul. They are interdependent , in need of the other with out which there is no existence for them . Such is not the nature of the divine . He is free from All needs , any one who is in need of something is not divine .

Who are your prophets?

We believe in all the prophets who were sent by Allah to command makind to worship Him alone with out partners

The core of their creed was the same "There is none worthy of worship except the Creator who is not a man , an angel or any other being in need "

Say: 'We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and to Al-Asbat (the twelve sons of Jacob), and that which has been given to Moses and Jesus (in their original and un-altered forms), and that which has been given to the (rest of the)Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)." (Qur'an 2: 136)

I know that i have just skimmed through your post , Its due to lack of time , I will read your post again and answer anything that I may have missed .

May Allah guide us to what he loves

Peace.

How do you know that Allah is the true god? I don't want a quote out of the Qur'an I want some personal

situation(s) in your life. The moment you knew that he was god and trying to reach out to you.

sorry... but i have to quote a verse here

Surathul baqara chapter 2 verse 164

"164. Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the

sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which Allah Sends down from the

skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He

scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves

between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise."

As said in the above verse, God had made signs of his existence in his creation. Some of these are scientific

while others are a direct indication. For example, seeing his name "engraved naturally" on the skin of a fish,

on leaves, flowers, etc....

Since you want a personal situation, I would like to tell this. When I was in Grade 6 or 7, I was observing my

body and was thinking about his wonderful creation. When I started observing my right hand wrist, I found the

word "Allah" formed in arabic by nerves.

Not only this, there are many many similar cases, and recently I found that the name of Allah, is written on

the continent of Africa. If you exam a satellite picture, you will come to know... I have also posted those

somewhere here on gawaher...Moreover, we know that there are no less than 99 attributes to God, and if we add

up the 18 and 81 on our palm it addes up to 99.. ("1^ and ^1" is 18 and 81 in arabic) .... Also, 5 fingers, 5

pillars, again 5 fingers, and 5 compulsary prayer. Every things seems to be perfactly matching..

So I started thinking, if there was another God beside him, surely his name also should come along his name

atlease once among those thousands and thousands found until this date. For example, if Jesus was really was

the son of the God, as claimed by the Christians, then Jesus name should come along his name, but infect, I

found that the word "Muhammed", and sha haada, or the Islamic Creed was also found to be written naturally.

If it was a co incidence, then the name would not come the same way, at different times and ages. Surely this

is a direct indication that God exists and that He is the God which we muslims worship.

Furthermore, there is no other religion on the face of the earth, which subjects its followers to beleive in

all the messangers and books sent by him. Also, it calls for all truth and forbids all evil, and if this is

Islam, why should the humans reject?

Edited by vishah

guerillasaint, there are three things that I don't undertand about the concept of sins and original sin in Christianity, and I hope that you or someone else will help me understand.

1: If God hadn't chosen Jesus as sacrifice, would we have been punished for a sin that our forefather commited?

2: If Christians sin (since Jesus has died for the sins of mankind, and since they have belief in Jesus), will they be accountable for their wrongdoings?

3: If yes to #2, are all sins the same in God's eyes? Is someone who kills an entire family the same as someone who steals an apple?

Salam.

al-malabari take all the time you need. I am in no rush so if it takes you three days to answer I will be more than happy to wait for you.

God wants us to worship and Glorify him alone with giving a share of it to any of the creation including jesus, moses and all the prophets
I guess I misunderstood you when you wrote this. Could you please explain so that I may be on the same page as you?

You analogy is flawed ,The Mind and body depends on the soul. They are interdependent , in need of the other with out which there is no existence for them . Such is not the nature of the divine . He is free from All needs , any one who is in need of something is not divine .

I guess my analogy was unclear I apologize. I find that it is hard to explain the God in any language. Do you believe that God is omnipresent? If you do I would have to say this is how He can be three equal aspects. He assumes a different form and still retaining his divinity.

vishah thank you for your post. I am happy to read it. I too believe that nature points to God. Still I was a little confused about the 18 and 81. And were you saying that you haven't found the name Jesus written in nature?

Layna I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

1: If God hadn't chosen Jesus as sacrifice, would we have been punished for a sin that our forefather committed?
No, we are not punished for the sins of our forefathers but they do have an effect on us. Let me give you this example. When you grew up your mother or father acted in a certain way and you picked up some of their habits. Like take me for instance. I repeat the same stories. That is because my father does the same thing. So that I picked up the way I talk from him. (that isn't always a good thing. Still I love him.) That is why it says that we are born into sin, because the way our father/mothers act is sinful. Since children use other people as there bases of how to act they pick it up their sinful nature.

Let me give you another example. Lets take the example of the bomb that the USA dropped on Hiroshima. Since my grandfather generation was at war they ruined the lives of countless numbers of people and the land. Which in turn killed off an entire ecosystem. It is not just that generation of life but the generations after that. So you can say the bomb of sin that Adam dropped on mankind was far worst and took many more lives.

2: If Christians sin (since Jesus has died for the sins of mankind, and since they have belief in Jesus), will they be accountable for their wrongdoings?

Those how believe are still accountable. The fact is that we are forgive it doesn't mean that there aren't consequences for our actions. We do not have a free pass do whatever we want. We will still be judged for what we have done in our lives. We will still be accountable for our actions. The only thing is I know that I will be able to live the rest of eternity with my Lord.

3: If yes to #2, are all sins the same in God's eyes? Is someone who kills an entire family the same as someone who steals an apple?

Yes sin is the same in God's eyes because it is disobeying His will. Even if to us the murder is more wrong they are still both wrong becasue they came short of God’s will. We are to be the image of God. God does not steal so when we do that we become a perfect image. If He commanded us not to steal He means it. I think He may be more angry that we try to justify our wrongs by saying we aren’t as bad as the next guy. In that we are making light of what He told us not to do. If you say stealing an apple is not as bad as killing someone then you saying that some of God’s commands are more important than others. "It is ok not to listen to God when it comes to that but make sure you listen to God when it comes to this." Since God has integrity all of his commands are equal and none should be taken lightly.

I have a question for you guys. Do you have a relationship with Allah?

Thank you for the conversion I love to talk about God.

May we all grow closer to him with understanding and love for His will. This is my prayer Amen. May the Lord God Bless you all and may His peace and love draw you closer to Him. This is also my prayer Amen.

:sl:

Let's just discuss one topic at a time , so that we may reach a conclusion or at least go ahead .

I suggest that we first discuss the topic "Monotheism,Trinity and Why Jesus is unworthy/worthy of worship" and stick to it.

Do you believe that God is omnipresent?
Depends on what exactly u mean by omnipresence , We believe that he is everywhere in his knowledge but not in his Essence, He is not in the Creation nor a part of it .

I guess I misunderstood you when you wrote this. Could you please explain so that I may be on the same page as you?

To Clarify, God alone created us , He alone sustains us , All our blessings are from Him alone , He is the Lord of Jesus, Moses, Muhammad, Buddha , Krishna and He created every single being that is/was/will be in existence. Given all of the above and infinite other things that is due to God Alone, He alone is worthy of worship not Jesus, not Mary, not Muhammad, not Krisha , not any saint .

I just realized the mistake in my post, the sentence should read

God wants us to worship and Glorify him alone without giving a share of it to any of the creation including jesus, moses and all the prophets

I want you to re-read my previous post which answered your question in light of the above.

One more thing I would like to add , Adherents of EVERY religion can claim proofs and "names written in nature" and many other "Miracles" which supposedly show that their god is the real god and their religion is the true religion , hence all of this cannot be used as proof . Since I have my apple with Allah written on it and You have your pumpkin with Jesus written on it ....This leads no where , I hope you guys get my point .

Thank you for your explanations, guerillasaint, it's always a good thing to gain understanding of other people's cultures or beliefs. I have just one more question, if you don't mind (this goes to any Christians).

What is the punishment for the sins of Christians? As Muslims, we believe that there will be a significant number of Muslims in Hellfire temporarily (which could be thousands upon thousands of years, God knows) because of the sins they accumulate on Earth. Will God simply scold Christians, or will they endure physical hardship, even if they have belief in Jesus?

I have a question for you guys. Do you have a relationship with Allah?

Our relationship with God is as it should be between creator and creation. He is our guidance, our protector, our judge. We love God, seek His mercy, and fear His punishment. God loves those who are righteous and just, and He hates those who are arrogant and disbelieving toward Him. We know there is a thin line between right and wrong, and strive to do that which is pleasing to Him. We believe that the purpose of creation is to submit to God, and that this world is a test for us. Those who fear Him and do good are rewarded, and those who disobey him are punished. Our prayers go directly to Him, because there is no one else that can give us what God wouldn't. And because God is pleased when his servants want to be close to Him in their thoughts. It is the biggest sin one could commit to associate partners with God, and it is the only sin that will never be forgiven by Him if a person dies in such a state.

Salam.

When Christians talk about God being Omnipresent we mean He is every where in the universe at once. Not like his arm is in Tokyo and his feet are at the sun. It is like all of him is in the room I am in and all of him is at the center of the galaxy. He sees everything everywhere at the same time. He isn't everything but He is everywhere. Here are some verses.

Ps 139:7-8¶ Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Jer 23:23-24 Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? 24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

1Ki 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

What is the punishment for the sins of Christians? As Muslims, we believe that there will be a significant number of Muslims in Hellfire temporarily (which could be thousands upon thousands of years, God knows) because of the sins they accumulate on Earth. Will God simply scold Christians, or will they endure physical hardship, even if they have belief in Jesus?

First when you are doing wrong. God will bring it to your attention. If you continue to disobey he will stop giving you the things you want. Your blessings will be cut off. He will remove his hedge of protection from around you. He is not going to stop talking to you. He just isn’t going to keep giving you things when you are wrong. Then he will give you opportunities for you to turn from your ways and com back to him. With each chance you get to do right the harder the consequence will be when you don’t. The more your blessings will be cut off. You will begin to lose things that you once had.. If you insist on going against him He will make you get hit rock bottom. He will get you alone with no one around to help you but Him. That is why you will have to see that he is your only way out. If you look at the israelites in the Bible it is much like what he will do.

I try to learn fast so that I don’t have to experience this.

So what kind issues would you like to bring up with Jesus being God?

Sorry for the delay.

May God bless us with his truth an understanding.

the movement he is compared to anything, he cannot be the God.

God is unique in all. He is free from all wants and cannot be compared to anything. The very movement he is compared to any of his creation, he cannot be God.

The Quran says in surathul Iklas, Chapter 112, verse 1-4

"1. Say, He is the one and Only.

2. Allah, the absolute and eternal

3. He begets not, no he is begotten

4. And there is nothing like onto him."

Lets put Jesus to test.

1.Say, He is the one and Only.

Its not one, but trinity according to Christianity.

2. Allah, the absolute and eternal

We know that Jesus used to eat, imagine God Almighty requiring to eat.

According to Christianity, he was crucified. Imagine a God being Crucified by his creation?

3. He begets not, no he is begotten

We know that he was the son of Mary. According to my knowledge Isa ibn Maryam will marry and beget children. ( Brothers and sisters, if I am wrong pls correct me)

4. And there is nothing like onto him."

Jesus has hands, as we do. He had a nose, a face, 2 ears and 2 eyes as we do. We know he was a human.

The movement he is compared to anything, then he is not God.

It is good to see your words again vishah. I am glad that you wish to talk about this subject.

Yes according to the Qur’an Jesus isn't God. (I foresee we will have to find some common ground)

Now I will agree with you God is the one and he is absolute and eternal.

God is also One God. It is that he chooses to appear in different forms.

Now about the never begetting. In the Bible there are 44 different account that I have collected about Jesus being God's Son. 5 of these accounts are in the Old testament.

Ps 2:7-9 ¶ I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Ps 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

Jer 1:5-9 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.6 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.7 But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.9 Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Isa 49:5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.

Isa 49:1 ¶ Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

And there is nothing like onto him
May I ask you in the Qur’an was man made in God's image? Do you understand what Allah is? If so how?

The reason I asked you if God made humans in God image is because that is what is says in Genesis. God made Adam and Eve in his image because he wanted us to glorify him.(Ge 1:26,1Co 6:20) The only way for humans to truly glorify God is to be in his image the way he intended. How can some one give God true glory with being imperfect. Still Adam and Eve choose to be imperfect. So God called out the Jews to be His people and keep all His laws. (Deu 26:16-17 )So that they may be a shining example of God‘s Glory. Still they weren't. So God came down because He can be a perfect image of Himself(Ro 11:34,2Co 4:4 ). This way through Jesus we may be images of God.(Ro 11:36,Gal 3:13-14)

Please Lord God help us through life so that we may be a shinning example of your Glory. In the name of our loving savor Amen. May the Lord Bless you and keep you

There's one thing I don't understand about Jesus and God according to Christianity. Is Jesus God, or is he the son of God? Or is he both? Because it seems that the explanation varies from Christian to Christian (perhaps the different branches of Christianity have different beliefs about him).

Salam.

He is both the Son of God and God (very confusing I know) And every Christian should believe that He is the Son of God and God.

Jesus is God in human form. Jesus is all human and all God. Since God caused marry to be born without having intercourse but conceived by the Holy Spirit (which is also God) into a human Body. Yes God is his own father. This is all very weird and crazy but prophesied

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

In this way God could accomplish many things. 1) express His true love for us by humbly making himself human and allowing himself to be afflicted by temptations and needs that humans have. Also to be persecuted and doubted. 2) Dieing on the cross and feeling the pain of death and taking our sins onto Himself 3.) being an example of how to live as God would want us to live. We should be striving to be exactly like Jesus so that was we live we are shinning examples of truth. (boy is it hard but I can do all thing through Christ)

Look at Jesus like the reflection of God the Father in heaven. He did and knew everything that God the Father did in heaven. He couldn't do anything different than what God the Father did because He is God the father.

If you noticed in the new testament that Jesus would talk in reflections.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

No one can say that just because they know a child they know the parent. So This shows you that Jesus and God the Father are one.

I have on occasion tried to wrap my brain around the concept. In some ways I understand it. In other I just find to be out there and I not even going to be worried about how God worked that out. That is why He is God and I am me.

If need you me to explain it more I could gather up some more information for you. Ask some people with degrees in this and do my own research and email it to you (or anyone who wants it) or post it here.

Thank you guys for the opportunity to talk about God. I love it. I hope your days are blessed and that you will see the love that God has for you everyday. Also thank you for the conversations it help me grow in my understanding and my awe of what God does. Like I said I love it. Have a Blessed Day.