Islamic Forum
StickToTheSunnah

How Sister Saalihah Converted To Islaam

As Salaamu Alaikum

My name is Saalihah UmmMuhammad

I have been muslim now for 8yrs.my family is not muslim and I am the only child.When I became muslim it was a great shock for my

family,friends and the HighSchool I was going to. At the time I was 15 a freshman in high school and I was soul searching for a religion

or path to follow other that christianity because church was never in my heart for as long as I can remember.So i tried the black power

thing with The Nation of Islam and listening to Public Enemy you know loving my nubian self but that wore dry up until I was 16 when I had

decided to have a Black History class in my All Girl Catholic High School In Chicago.

When that was established I met a girl who had a boyfriend who had a brother who was muslim and she told me that he was saying that all races and nationalities can become muslim...I told her yeah right whatever give me his number because at that time I was still on that ProBlack tip.So a few days went by before I got

his number and when I did I called him and from that Sunday night till That Friday he gave me dawah about Islam.Everyday I got more

anxious to know that I finally fought the right religion .I mean it felt like home .So complete with no doubts.this is just What I was

looking for.Islam AlhamduliAllah...So That Friday He came and picked me up from my school which I cut for the rest of the day and met his

wife to be and they gave me my Shahadah. May Allah bless the brother and Sister who help me in my path to Islam "Ameen".

I began wearing hijab as soon as I became muslim completely ,that love for Islam was such a rush I wanted to do everything correctly, hungry to learn

knowledge and be the best muslim Although I had a tough time with my mom in the beginning ..she didnt want me to wear it the hijab nor be muslim because I so young she felt I was brain washed ,but she began to understand that this is serious to me whenI consistedly practice Islam as much as I could.Alahamduli'Allah.

Well shortly after that I found a spiritual way in Islam as they say.. Called "sufism" ..I practiced that deviated path blindly

without knowledge of knowing any other way until "98" When Allah again brought me the truth about my innovations I have been practicing.Supan'Allah I

came to The Straight Path the Righteous way.Strictly"Quran&Sunnah" .In my journey to the correct way has been

a learning experience and it has made me wise in some aspects and stronger I truly Value and Love Allah's Religion and I am so grateful

to be among those who was choosen to become muslim ,Finding our way back to our Creator is a Masha'Allah.

My family respects me,my way of life and my family(husband&kids) they

now realize this is what I will practice Insha'Allah for the rest of

my life. They also see benefits in me being muslim verse what I could

be doing now in this dunya.

I hope this story can be inspiring to young and new muslimahs who are

struggling to practice Islam.Those who struggle to be muslim with all

the fitnah around them family, firends.

Keep your head up believe in Allah's mercy and Insha'Allah things

will get better.

Story by Sister Saalihah

PropellerAds

Alsalamu Alikum Wa Wb

Alhamdulellah for the Blessing of the Guidance to Islam and it's enough.

10:57 O MANKIND! There has now come unto you an admonition from your Sustainer, and a cure for all [the ill] that may be in men's hearts, [79] and guidance and grace unto all who believe [in Him]. 58 Say: "In [this] bounty of God and in His grace-in this, then, let them rejoice: it is better than all [the worldly wealth] that they may amass!" {Yunus}

Hamdulellah also that you have been returned back to the true Path of Islam after going astray, the true and only way of Islam Quran & Sunna, Hence, accept willing¬ly whatever the Apostle gives you and refrain from [demanding] anything that he withholds from you; and remain conscious of God: for, verily, God is severe in retribution.

Verily the stories of you Converted Brothers and Sisters what bring back joy to my Heart :sl: from thousands of sad events about misery state of our Umma and the weakness that leaked to us and injustice falling on lots of our Brothers & Sisters, Wla Hawla Wla Quwata Ila Bellah.

Al-Hamdulellah, and May Allah guide you always to the right way, and gives you a faithful end, Ameen.

Wassalam

Asalamu alaikum,

Masha'Allah sis, that's a beautiful story. :sl:

May Allah increase your imaan and bless you in both this life and the next.

Salam.

Salaamu Alaikum

Mashallah, amazing story. Jazakallahu khair for sharing.

Salam ualikum

Inspiring ....

Jaza kallahumma jkarian for sharing

Mashallah :sl:

:sl:

Masha'Allah sister, amazing story.

May Allah increase you in piety. Ameen

:sl:

I hope this story can be inspiring to young and new muslimahs who are

struggling to practice Islam.Those who struggle to be muslim with all

the fitnah around them family, firends.

Keep your head up believe in Allah's mercy and Insha'Allah things

will get better.

Story by Sister Saalihah

Sister,

It is as you say. In accepting Islam the old is replaced by something previously unknown.

Salam,

JamesYaqub

thanks fo sharing your amazing story dear sister

i'm really proud of you :sl:

assalamu alaikum :sl: