Islamic Forum

Assalamu alaykum.

The following is the story of how I reverted to Islam back in August 2004. Enjoy!!

I guess it started for me about two years ago. I was really searching for truth and since I was raised in a Christian environment, I started there. Everything went well for awhile, but as I read the Bible I couldn't help but find contradictions, things that just didn't make sense (like Jesus (pbuh) praying to God),etc. Then, when I started reading about the history of the "Church" I began to learn about all of the pagan origins of practices, holidays.

I noticed how the Bible told people to do things that they just totally didn't pay attention to (i.e not eating pork, women covering their heads, etc). In short, I became disheartened. First, I cut out all of the pagan holidays and tried to follow the dietary laws. It felt okay at first, but I was unsatisfied because those changes didn't change the fact that I had problems with the Bible, which is where I was supposed to get guidance; and church services, well, they just didn't do it for me. Eventually, I drifted away from Christianity in general and started to look into other things. Alternative Spirituality, African Traditional Religions and other forms of paganism, you name it.

But I had one BIG problem. I believed in ONE GOD who created everything. I just couldn't bring myself to pray, bow, etc to images. I mean, I couldn't even bow to the statues of Jesus (pbuh) when I would visit Catholic churches, so I definitely couldn't bow to animals, half-humans, etc.

Around this time, one of my associates announced that she was reverting to Islam. It took me by surprise because she was a hard-core pagan. She had altars to ancestors, pagan gods, etc. Basically, she was the last person I would have thought would revert. I needed to know what changed. I began to read a copy of the Qu'ran, I joined on-line forums, surfed web-sites, etc. Eventually, I felt this indescribable feeling growing in me. It was as if I had found something precious that I had lost a long time ago. It all made sense. I knew that I needed to revert.

One problem: What was going to happen with my husband, since I couldn't remain married to him as a non-believer? Well, after crying about it, I talked to him over lunch one day. Alhamdullilah!!! He said that he would read about Islam and see what it was that had me so excited and at peace. He was already interested in tenets of Islam, so he took it as an opportunity to learn more. Plus, he had been fed up with modern Christianity for longer than I had.

As the days went by he began studying/reading. He'd ask me questions and I would answer to the best of my ability. He was truly interested and I would have to pull him away from reading sometimes to get him to go to bed or come to dinner. Slowly, his language started to change. It was no longer "Muslims believe...." It became "We believe...." I pointed it out to him and he told me that I was right and that he was ready to revert. Nothing made more sense to him and he was ready.

The day that we reverted I was in the O.R. taking care of a patient and talking to one of my colleagues. For some reason the topic of religion came up. She asked me what I practiced and I answered "I'm Muslim!!" At dinner that night I told my husband about it. We decided right then that we were making shahada when we got home.

So when we got home we logged onto Islamway.com, went to the section that talks about how to become a Muslims and repeated the shahada. My husband went first and I followed. We took showers and the rest, as they say is history!!.

PropellerAds

:D

Alhamdulillah!!! Nice story.

Truly Allah is the one who Guides, SubhanAllah. :D

Edited by rofi

Maashallaah sis...Allah truly guide whom He wills.

Thanks for sharing

Assalamu Alaikum.

I admit I am a wuss. That story made me tear. Subhan'Allah. As the brother & sister said above.."Allah truly guides whom he wills." Welcome to Islam dear sister.

Assalamu alaykum.

The following is the story of how I reverted to Islam back in August 2004. Enjoy!!

I guess it started for me about two years ago. I was really searching for truth and since I was raised in a Christian environment, I started there. Everything went well for awhile, but as I read the Bible I couldn't help but find contradictions, things that just didn't make sense (like Jesus (pbuh) praying to God),etc. Then, when I started reading about the history of the "Church" I began to learn about all of the pagan origins of practices, holidays.

I noticed how the Bible told people to do things that they just totally didn't pay attention to (i.e not eating pork, women covering their heads, etc). In short, I became disheartened. First, I cut out all of the pagan holidays and tried to follow the dietary laws. It felt okay at first, but I was unsatisfied because those changes didn't change the fact that I had problems with the Bible, which is where I was supposed to get guidance; and church services, well, they just didn't do it for me. Eventually, I drifted away from Christianity in general and started to look into other things. Alternative Spirituality, African Traditional Religions and other forms of paganism, you name it.

But I had one BIG problem. I believed in ONE GOD who created everything. I just couldn't bring myself to pray, bow, etc to images. I mean, I couldn't even bow to the statues of Jesus (pbuh) when I would visit Catholic churches, so I definitely couldn't bow to animals, half-humans, etc.

Around this time, one of my associates announced that she was reverting to Islam. It took me by surprise because she was a hard-core pagan. She had altars to ancestors, pagan gods, etc. Basically, she was the last person I would have thought would revert. I needed to know what changed. I began to read a copy of the Qu'ran, I joined on-line forums, surfed web-sites, etc. Eventually, I felt this indescribable feeling growing in me. It was as if I had found something precious that I had lost a long time ago. It all made sense. I knew that I needed to revert.

One problem: What was going to happen with my husband, since I couldn't remain married to him as a non-believer? Well, after crying about it, I talked to him over lunch one day. Alhamdullilah!!! He said that he would read about Islam and see what it was that had me so excited and at peace. He was already interested in tenets of Islam, so he took it as an opportunity to learn more. Plus, he had been fed up with modern Christianity for longer than I had.

As the days went by he began studying/reading. He'd ask me questions and I would answer to the best of my ability. He was truly interested and I would have to pull him away from reading sometimes to get him to go to bed or come to dinner. Slowly, his language started to change. It was no longer "Muslims believe...." It became "We believe...." I pointed it out to him and he told me that I was right and that he was ready to revert. Nothing made more sense to him and he was ready.

The day that we reverted I was in the O.R. taking care of a patient and talking to one of my colleagues. For some reason the topic of religion came up. She asked me what I practiced and I answered "I'm Muslim!!" At dinner that night I told my husband about it. We decided right then that we were making shahada when we got home.

So when we got home we logged onto Islamway, went to the section that talks about how to become a Muslims and repeated the shahada. My husband went first and I followed. We took showers and the rest, as they say is history!!.

Alhamdulillah, we as Indonesia people say thousands thanks to Allah SWT

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã æÑ�ãÉ Çááå æÈÑßÇÊå

Çá�ã� ááå

alhamdulellah Allah opened ur heart to Islam welcome to the true path .. u're story really made me tear .. thanks for posting ur story and welcome to the forum

heart-warming story!

I'm so happy Allah bestowed upon me a new sis! (in Islam)! :P

wasslamu alaikum

assalaam alaikum,

it is as Allah(SWT) wills :D Truly he guides those seeking guidance, and hopefully his will is for you and your husband to increase your knowledge of the faith to grow strong iman in your hearts :D

sincere congratulations :P , you have embraced the truth and i hope you can feel the tranquility and balance it will bring to your heart in all situations.

walaikum assalaam,

AS

your story was really touching! :D Allah truly guides whom he wills. May Allah grant you Jannah. Ameen. btw, WELCOME TO Islam!!!!!!!!!! :P :P

Guest Bosnia

Salam,

Wonderful story, mashallah, like Afghan Hijabi it touched me, welcome to Islam.

selaam...

SUBHANNALLAH... the power of GOD sometimes...wallahi u cannot imagine.... TAKBIiRR.. and may Allah always place u under his shade, ameen.. ure story is truely touching..may all the misguided people- muslim and NON be guided to the true religion of Allah the almight ameen..

AOA,

I'm so glad 4 u :D

TAKBIR.. ALLAHUAKBAR

TAKBIR.. ALLAHUAKBAR

TAKBIR.. ALLAHUAKBAR

Assalamu alaikum,

SubhanAllah, what a nice story. Jazakallah for sharing.

Welcome to Islam. May Allah grant you both happiness in the world and in the hereafter, amin.

salam

Asalamu Alaikum,

Mashallah!........what a wonderful story. :D

Sister, May Allah keep you and your husband on the straight path. Ameen. :D

That was a good story alhumdulillah :D and i say "May Allah (S.A.T) guide many more. Ameen"

:P

Asalamu alaikum

I knew the name sounded familiar>>>>>>>>from Islamway! Its nice to bumb into you here sister.

congrats on your conversion. May Allah bless you in this world and the next.

Assalam-u-Alaikum

Mashallah, most certainly a very beautiful story. now that i said it, i think its not the story, its you and your husband. i should have said most beautiful (from within) people. may Allah alway s guide you Inshallah.

take care

Assalamu alaikum

Asalamu alaikum

I knew the name sounded familiar>>>>>>>>from Islamway! Its nice to bumb into you   here  sister.

congrats on your conversion. May Allah bless you in this world and the next.

Walaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu!!

Yep, that's me!!! Nice to "see" you again. :D Oh, and thanks alot for the kind words!! :D

Edited by tygrss

Assalamualaikum,

Thank you for the touching and wonderful story.

May Allah blessed both of you...

salam

great story sister.........may Allah reward you and your husband.....and insAllah blesses you with loving healthy pious children............. i love reading revert stories.....i gotta admit ...... its a blessing to be muslim....sometimes i think to myself....what if i was born a different religion...would i even have botherd to learn Islam, or just ignored it and lived my life day by day till i died...kinda scary actually..... may Allah reward ALL the reverts. that does take a big step