dot

How do you rate IF?

How do you rate IF?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate IF?

• Best Islamic Forum!
    • Average!
    • Bad!

I like this forum. However, as some people have said, it was more active before the tech difficulties, nonetheless, it does appear to be picking up steam.

This site has allowed me contact with the Islamic world that I would not have had otherwise. Tried other sites but way too boring. This site is good and the mods do a good job of keeping it that way.

:D

PropellerAds

Dear IF members

I would like to know your rating of IF, compared to other Islamic forums.

I know alhamdo l'Ellah that we are currently rated at top of all other Islamic forums, according to Google, But I'm interested to know your own rating, which is important to me, and to all other IF officials. :D

It is very good and although l have only joined today l have read a lot of good things on here,

I have just joined and find it far too restrictive... sorry but there is a difference between careful management and over flexing your admin muscles.

salaam wa alaikum

first brother dot, jazakallah for helping open this forum

one thing i like about this forum si that you can post anything (good/problem related) and you always get help.

i have had many problems and questions aswered here.

the relationship between all of us is amzing. alhamdulillah i am surprised.

inshalalh it shalla continue.

what other forums are there?

so far i like this one.

wa alaikum salaam

Assalamoalaikum

Mashallah this Forum is very good. However, I am really dissapointed that one cannot post in all the forums - why is this?

It seems strange and I am very confused about this. There is a topic I want to post in but cant till I have submitted 50 posts.

We should be setting an example and everyone should have an equal standing and be able to post whereever they like!

Wassalam

On reading at the other posts - this seems to be a common problem amongst users!

Please can someone explain why???????? I have never come accross such a restrictive forum

one other thing (sorry to keep going on - also I am trying to hit my target of 50 posts!!!!!!) it would be helpful to let people know the restrictions via e-mail etc

When I first tried to post I got an error message and thought that my account wasnt working (did this several times) before reading the various posts on how to post!

Please sort out asap as u will lose a lot of members

On a PLUS point - the topics are very interesting and informative

one other thing (sorry to keep going on - also I am trying to hit my target of 50 posts!!!!!!) it would be helpful to let people know the restrictions via e-mail etc

When I first tried to post I got an error message and thought that my account wasnt working (did this several times) before reading the various posts on how to post!

Please sort out asap as u will lose a lot of members

I agree with you brother, when I first joined I was also confused by my inability to post, I almost gave up on it until I found the post explaining the restrictions.

I think it should be outlined in the "Welcome E-mail" and if possible, although I know that PM's are disabled for new users, the system should automatically send a PM pointing them to the post about the restrictions or stating the restrictions within the PM. If you can, as I know you don't want new users to use the PM functionality, make it so that the new users can only read that PM and not send/receive PM's once they have read that message.

Asslamu'Alaikum.

New members should have the same rights as established ones there really isn't any need for such strict rules on where members can post and on PMing - if someone is inappropriate in there posts ( and I mean genuinly inappropriate not just disagreeing with the mods) ban them, and report them as I assume you are logging IP addresses. I can't help but feel that the current approach borders on paranoia. I can understand that the mods feel protective towards the members as the overal impression is that the forum is aimed at the young and many of the posts seem to support this. Personally I found Islamicity a more serious forum.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Salaam

Assalaam Alaikum

This is the best Islamic group I ever found...... I am at least member of 10-15 Islamic groups but I onluy visit one.........Gawaher.

why?? b'coz it is all Islamic not like others, corrupted............ :D

Wa Alaikum Assalaam

people from different walks of life, different views.. overall it's great.

but it's somewhat muddled. i'm guessing this is the best way to organize everything, but it's just kinda hard to find something buried under forum upon subforum.

Asalaaaaaaaaaaamu Alaykum wr wb

Masha Allah think that this is the best "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]islamic forum[/url] i've ever joined compared to other Islamic forums is much better, in terms of sturcture and topics! Its well controlled and I've learnt and still learning onsha Allah new things! Keep it up!

Best "google/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic Forum[/url]! :D

I have just joined and find it far too restrictive... sorry but there is a difference between careful management and over flexing your admin muscles.

i agree wit this brudder. too restrictive, too many rules for normal ppls may be gud for sm ppls and children's minds. There r much better ismalic sites on net.

I am in no position to compare IF to other Islamic or muslim forums, but as far as forums go in general, IF has a farily good community. The mods are strict, but fair. Spam is kept to a minimum which is refreshing compared to many other forums. Organization is very good, and the forum is easy to navigate. My only complaint is waiting for a Mod to review my posts before allowing them in the Western-Dialogue section. Since most of the Mods are on the opposite side of the world it can take several hours for my pists to be reviewed.

Overall IF keeps me coming back for more, which is a sign of a good forum.

Yank, if you contact bro dot and ask him to be added to the group where your posts don't have to be reviewd anymore.

thank you for your feedback

Peace.

Hi, Zeinab.

It really doesn't make much difference to have ones posts appear instantly when the people you are talking to have to wait for hours. Flow of dialogue is still hindered.

Assalamu Alaykum,

IF is great. i was wondering, where on earth have i been, not realising there is such a place like IF. I believe i've never seen a creative "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic Forum[/url] like IF. There are loads to do, so many places to dwell.

Although, the webpage is not the best looking, if you know what i mean. It's a bit boaring, looks dull and simple. there are some Islamic webpages that just look good and attract users, like islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link) , ofcourse i know looks is not what its all about, because IF has the best things to do i believe, again very creative of you guys.

I'm still a junior member :D , so i can't wait to get the full benefits of being a full member :laugh: , get on the bro's room , and so on. I can hardly wait. About 20 more posts for me to go, insha Allah :biggrin:

I fully support your restrctions, it's annoying yeah, but everyone is better off with them.

I thought i was most likely going to get an error page when i clicked 'reply' due to the restrictions :D

Hopefully you will hear a load more from me when i'm a full member

:wink:

Ma'assalam

Assalamu Alaikum brother Dot, and all the other administrators

This is the first "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic Forum[/url] I have joined, I find so much peace and tranquility here.. may Allah bless you all for giving the Muslim Ummah this palce where everyone can visit! Allhamdullillah!

Walaikum Assalam

Dear IF members

I would like to know your rating of IF, compared to other Islamic forums.

I know alhamdo l'Ellah that we are currently rated at top of all other Islamic forums, according to Google, But I'm interested to know your own rating, which is important to me, and to all other IF officials. :D

SALAAM,

I voted average.I might not agree with the political stances here, but the place is oredrly and thats good..

Salaam alaykum,

Just wanted to say that i dont mind the restrictions and the rules at all.... i am happy they're there....it keeps things organized and without it would not be of such a good quality....i think the members should try to see things from the point of vieuw of the owner of the forum and what his aim is....only with these rules can that aim be achieved. In fact, i think some areas could have some stricter rules even such as "general chat"...less chit chat and more appropiate and friendlier conversations between eachother would be much better....

When i joined the forum though, like many others, i didnt understand the rules fully at first, and i think it would help if the rules were put together in a more organized page, emphasizing the more important rules, putting them next to eachother in rows instead of a long list wich i doubt most people have read, just to make it more enjoyable to read so as to avoid future confusions....

Great forum and lots of great posters too!

wa Salaam.