dot

How do you rate IF?

How do you rate IF?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate IF?

• Best Islamic Forum!
    • Average!
    • Bad!

I think it's become pretty average and will keep going down hill from here on... ppl running this place are taking the forum way too seriously eg : so many new restrictions

The stance on political discussion is quite surprising to me, considering how so many non muslims are attracted to the site because of the politics around Islam, and along the way they learn about Islam. So the loss of political argument on this forum has only caused it to be less effective in its purpose..

Edited by d z e n a n a

PropellerAds

Salams,

I must say I agree with dzenana.

I used to think that Gawaher was THE BEST, but now I'm really disappointed with the recent changes (about IWD and PF).

The rules just could've been made stricter to keep extreme members under control.

:D

I still think IF is the best "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]islamic forum[/url] on internet...but it can be improved by making the rules less stricter ESPECIALLY rule 7 and 8...

just to be on the safe side: I was not QUESTIONING the rules, i was expressing my opinion of the rule, so strictly speaking i wasnt breaking rule 7 (god forbid)

Salams,

I must say I agree with dzenana.

I used to think that Gawaher was THE BEST, but now I'm really disappointed with the recent changes (about IWD and PF).

The rules just could've been made stricter to keep extreme members under control.

Wassalam Alikum,

Personally, i think this was a good move. We were going round in circles, and not achieving anything. Purpose of this forum (according to dot) was for dawaah and so to show true Islam, and well, lets face it, political front was emphasising otherwise.

Secondly, in my opinion, IWD was a wrong move...i lost the interest in that board, since it takes so much time to get ur post 'up-and-running'.

once again, just my opinion...and of course not questioning the rules :wink:

Gawaher, is no doubt, the best "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic forum[/url], in the world...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(mods please do not make this smaller, as it is a very special message, and for peoples benefit needs to get across) :laugh:

Gawaher is top...

:D :D

It hasn't been an hour since I joined, thus I don't feel quite right to pass my judgement, but hey, it looks very interesting thus far.

Oh the negative aspect is that I can't post in the Islamic - Western debates before getting 50 post counts. That really doesn't make any sense.

i agree as well, there is definetly something missing about IF, i mean i think way way back it was much better than it is now, i would probably say due to the private rooms closing, feels IF is getting tighter.

Asalam Alaikoum

All in all I like this place ... don't have time to post much but I still browse ... only one thing made me kind of upset. The fact that if I send someone a private message people other than the person are able to read it. Other than that the place is great.

Salam

Well i enjoyed it at times paricuklarly when i get banned or warned.. thats pretty funny, and rated the forum tops at one point for the good Islamic infro. . But recently my feelings have changed a little, withe the dumbing down of IF, i.e. removal of posting rights, moderation of replies, and generally a over restrivitve and prescriptive regieme, and closing down of the Political Front section.

Its certainly lost alot of its flavour, and with it some members have lost interst in the forum too. ...

I sense alot of paranoia, and bossiness in some parts of the forum, and an agenda to stop certain ppl getting their views across.

These are overall not good signs. :D :D

Edited by AbdulMajid

Asalam Alaikoum

All in all I like this place ... don't have time to post much but I still browse ... only one thing made me kind of upset. The fact that if I send someone a private message people other than the person are able to read it. Other than that the place is great.

Salam

Do you want to say the private message are read by someone else than the addressee?? The moderatora are doing that? :D

Do you want to say the private message are read by someone else than the addressee?? The moderatora are doing that?  :D

Admin's can read them, and they do read them.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/Watch_What_You_Say_When_Contacing_Anyone_-t7283.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/Watch_What_You_Sa...one_-t7283.html[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/Watch_What_You_Say_When_Contacng_Anyone_-t7283.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/Watch_What_You_Sa...one_-t7283.html[/url]

Thats why i make my PMs interesting and readable. :D

Been off a munth doo to moderator choice, not mine and dis place is more paranoid than ever. Too confining, no free speech unless it fits criteria of moderators, moderators are biased, subjexts closed. Plenty of gud Muslim site to go to that let ppl chare all views and stay polite witout all Islamist rules.

"gawaher/forum/Watch_What_You_Say_When_Contacing_Anyone_-t7283.html"]gawaher/forum/Watch_What_You_Sa...one_-t7283.html[/url]

Thank you , i didn't read the thread before. If you could explain me - please - why we can't post in the kitchen section :D recipes.

Thats why i make my PMs interesting and readable.  :D

The question is if the mods are replying at your pm's B) Because when i read something interesting i can't help myself to keep me quiet, i always want to say something :D

Salaams, I love the forum but always have problems posting

you can always pm the admint 'dot' if you have any problems??

salaam

i think its the best forum ive come across (still looking though!!>JOKE)

but i do think the mods can be quite strict sometimes; although i can see the wisdom behind that.

wasalaam

Assalam Alaikum'

I think this forum is great, but just waaay toooo many restrictions. And whoa the rules are just way too long as well. :D

Well the 'restrictions' are there for a purpose.. - for a better cleaner happy IF :D

Honestly, in my opinion, the forum was better in the past than it is now.

I come here mostly to learn Islam more. Now that long posts are not allowed, and so many knowledgeable posters with valuable posts no longer active here, and for some other reasons, I feel this is not the best place for me any longer....

For example, Advanced Islamic Discussion Forum is no different with the basic now.

well, that's my opinion.... and thank you anyway

sis i think if you call IF and I know most members here did and still do call IF their home on the internet then we as members should be loyal to it in good times and bad , when its down and up , when members leave or stay .

May Allah SWT guide us all to what he SWT loves Ameen .

Honestly, in my opinion, the forum was better in the past than it is now.

I come here mostly to learn Islam more.  Now that long posts are not allowed, and so many knowledgeable posters with valuable posts no longer active here,  and for some other reasons,  I feel this is not the best place for me any longer....

For example, Advanced Islamic Discussion Forum is no different with the basic now. 

well, that's my opinion....  and thank you anyway

i would have to agree with the above. I mean i have so much more to add but that would be breaking a rule wouldnt it.

Thanks sister KGS for your feedback. We always try to improve the forum, but its hard to satisfy all sides. The shorter post rule aims to attract more younger members to read them and get involved. Many members from th new generations don't have enough patience to read very long posts. So, we're trying to encourage knowledeable members to focus and summarize whenever possible, for the benefit of more audiance insha'Allah.

We ask your duaa sister.

i have so much more to add but that would be breaking a rule wouldnt it.

Only if you are copying and pasting, otherwise you can post 2 or more times to finish whatever you have to say, there is nothing wrong with that :D