Islamic Forum
Funnyslam

Why Aren't Muslims Enraged At Ridiculous Rules?

Please read this carefully:

Al-Qa'eda in Iraq alienated by cucumber laws and brutality

Al-Qa'eda is losing support in Iraq because of a brutal crackdown on activities it regards as un-Islamic - including women buying cucumbers.

Besides the terrible killings inflicted by the fanatics on those who refuse to pledge allegiance to them, Al-Qa'eda has lost credibility for enforcing a series of rules imposing their way of thought on the most mundane aspects of everyday life.

They include a ban on women buying suggestively-shaped vegetables, according to one tribal leader in the western province of Anbar.

Sheikh Hameed al-Hayyes, a Sunni elder, told Reuters: "They even killed female goats because their private parts were not covered and their tails were pointed upward, which they said was haram.

"They regarded the cucumber as male and tomato as female. Women were not allowed to buy cucumbers, only men."

Other farcical stipulations include an edict not to buy or sell ice-cream, because it did not exist in the time of the Prophet, while hair salons and shops selling cosmetics have also been bombed.

Most seriously, Sheikh al-Hayyes said: "I saw them slaughter a nine-year old boy like a sheep because his family didn't pledge allegiance to them."

Such tactics have triggered a backlash among Sunnis, whom Al-Q'aeda had claimed to be protecting, the sheikh and military leaders said.

Lieutenant-Colonel Tim Albers, an American intelligence officer, told the news agency: "Al-Qa'eda's very heavy-handed killing of civilians backfired on them. The Sunnis just wouldn't stand for it any more.

"The self-described protectors of the Sunni community now kill more Iraqi Sunnis than anyone else."

<a href="you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_richarddawkins(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article,2978,n,n" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_richarddawkins(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article,2978,n,n</a>

<a href="you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettelegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/2538545/Al-Qaeda-in-Iraq-alienated-by-cucumber-laws-and-brutality.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettelegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-brutality.html</a>

Now my question is simple: why don't muslims from all over the world protest against these ridiculous rules, these archaic, insane, irrational rules?

I mean, honestly, if here in the rational West, any religious cult or sect or person would even think of spewing such nonsense - forbidding women buying cucumbers because it would be haram, or slaughtering animals because their genitals are visible - then he/she/it would be declared insane and be locked up in a psychiatric institution.

But muslims? No, they don't react. They don't have a televised debate. No, they don't write about it in their newspapers.

Not reporting or protesting against this irrationality, is equal to being complicit to it.

Why do muslims tolerate insanity?

This post is made invisible, please moderators don't make it visible until you check with the administrator.

AS FOR THE TOPIC STARTER: Please send the links to the Administrator, if he thinks they are beneficial then he will post them. As for what you have posted, seems like a far fetched story made to make the Taliban or the Muslims bad. Send the authentic link, and then continue here. Please inroduce yourself in the Welcoming room too. umAhmad.

first of how do you know those are true and if whoever worte those is telling the whole story???

Like for instance people say the talaban is agianst woman education. This is what the U.S said and they left it at that. They did not say why!!!!!!!!!!

The reason is that U.S soilders is known for massecuring woman in afghanistan and putting a bunch of woman in one spot for what? For a U.S soilder to rape and kill them??

May You fall dead.

For posting this from such a weak source.

This is no diffrent then the weapons of mass destruction, and the other countless lies the U.S releases out to the public

May you fall dead!!

first of how do you know those are true and if whoever worte those is telling the whole story???

Like for instance people say the talaban is agianst woman education. This is what the U.S said and they left it at that. They did not say why!!!!!!!!!!

The reason is that U.S soilders is known for massecuring woman in afghanistan and putting a bunch of woman in one spot for what? For a U.S soilder to rape and kill them??

May You fall dead.

For posting this from such a weak source.

This is no diffrent then the weapons of mass destruction, and the other countless lies the U.S releases out to the public

May you fall dead!!

Okay, so you basically agree with Al Qaeda: all women who buy cucumbers should be killed.

And all people who don't agree with you should "fall dead" too.

Enough said.

Are there any other muslims who are perhaps not so radical?

Okay, so you basically agree with Al Qaeda: all women who buy cucumbers should be killed.

And all people who don't agree with you should "fall dead" too.

Enough said.

Are there any other muslims who are perhaps not so radical?

There are no Islamic laws prohibiting the sale of any vegetable by any gender. And to kill a goat for no reason other because Allah created it a certain way? This is all so unIslamic. But I'm not sure what the source is...this all sounds so farfetched that it can't possibly be true. But if were to imagine that it IS true, then I'll say no Muslim should condone any of it.

Salam.

There are no Islamic laws prohibiting the sale of any vegetable by any gender. And to kill a goat for no reason other because Allah created it a certain way? This is all so unIslamic. But I'm not sure what the source is...this all sounds so farfetched that it can't possibly be true. But if were to imagine that it IS true, then I'll say no Muslim should condone any of it.

Salam.

Hi Redeem, I'm glad to hear a rational voice.

The article appeared in The Telegraph. Such a highly esteemed newspaper would never "invent" such a story. Al Qaeda and the Taleban, however, would probably be capable of coming up with such insane ideas. So I trust The Telegraph.

The question is: why do muslims never openly protest or hold a debate amongst themselves about the insanity that is destroying the entire credibility of their religion?

Why don't muslims speak out about the crazy ideas of the Taleban or Al Qaeda?

I mean, we in the West went through a process of Enlightenment, in the 18th century, during which we threw out all the ridiculous religious nonsense which the Christian churches shoved through our throats.

Why don't muslims create such an Enlightenment movement? They really, really need it very much, don't you think?

Maybe I'm wrong and there are indeed big debates within the muslim community, with many muslims turning their backs on their backward faith and becoming agnostics or atheists. But we don't see these debates. They are not published in books, in studies let alone televised.

I think that lack of unity, powerlessness, ignorance and apathy are our major weaknesses. We are not united enough to tackle things as a group and to support one another in times of crisis. We've become very individualistic people, and individuals tend to wield less power than organizations. We're overwhelmed by ignorance of both Islam and humanity. These laws and others like them are proof of it. And lastly, those of us who are educated are apathetic and just don't care enough to make a change.

I personally am ashamed when I hear these sorts of things. There are no excuses to be made. At the very least, those of us who are able to should speak out against these actions through the internet. The web has become a powerful tool and can influence hundreds of thousands of people.

Thank you for pointing this out. Even if it really isn't true, it brings to mind so many other faults and flaws that exist in the Muslim world.

Salam.

In reference to 'Al-Qa'eda in Iraq alienated by cucumber laws and brutality'

This is one of the most nonsensical news I have ever read. And the source of this news is the US stooges Sheikh Hameed al-Hayyes and Lieutenant-Colonel Tim Albers, an American intelligence officer. What a crude CIA propaganda ! I cannot stop laughing reading the news.

Even Mossad or CIA agents could impersonate Iraqi fighters and kill female goats because their private parts were not covered etc to terrorize civilians and frame Iraqi fighters.

Salam.

so why didnt muslim in afghanistan condone when taliban were in power and they used to "rule" the people? and when they had young boys to have sex with etc etc...

The real answer to this is:

You (the OP) said in the west you wouldnt tolerate this. are you sure? Now really i will give you another chance? Are you still sure?

Then why isnt anyone saying anything to the bush? He "liberated" afghanistan/iraq and in the process killed so many civilians, raped women, tortured people who were wrongfully captured, went against the geneva convention, defied UN!!!!! yet when russia did the same (in georgia) US had a problem with it and told russia it faces "isolation" from UN!!!! US being hypocritical as usual!!

No further on, remember before 1996, terrorists bombed several of US embassies around the world? what did the US do? it bombed different places (i cant remmeber the specific places) but how many people were killed? does this action not make US and the terrorist same? I mean if i killed your brother and you killed mine, then what would be the difference between you and me?

I second Redeem's post. Islam is all about submission to God through peace. All this nonsense was created by people and we are in utter shock and disapproval of it.

I have to say though, some Muslims and Islamic organizations DO speak out against this stuff. It may not be enough, but it's the same way not enough people speak out against genocide and other atrocities. People are just too busy with their lives and they either don't know what's going on, or are apathetic to it like Redeem said. However some of us really want the Taliban removed from power. The problem is, we want it while we live in the west. If someone wanted it in Afghanistan, and made that clear, they would be killed on the spot. So the situation is difficult and requires not only your average Muslim Joe, but rather, people in power. And too many people in power are just as corrupted as the Taliban. See the problem?

Peace

If muslims owned Tv stations and was large like nbc cbs fox cnn bbc ect.. then our story would be told and Muslims who don't condone evil acts would be pushed out more reguarly, however we dont have control of the tv stations and all that you see is pure B.S. My question to you is how can you view a one sided view of things because thats all what the news does it shows you the viewer a one sided message, in which you the viewer make up your mind to be angry which is what your prejudice is predicated on.

Now if all you do is view a one sided view of things and you form an opinion of people based on extreemly one sided information then you the viewer become an extreemist. Extreem in your view towards people and your one sided as well. So the reason why you dont hear the other side of the story is because those who are in position of power want you to be one sided in your views so that they can push their agenda faster with you the newly one sided extreemist defending their every action.

Until.... you the viewer get the other side of the story. Off subject a little here why did you come to an Islamic forum and name yourself FUNNYSLAM and then your first post is this one sided information and behind that information you say

"But muslims? No, they don't react. They don't have a televised debate. No, they don't write about it in their newspapers.

Not reporting or protesting against this irrationality, is equal to being complicit to it.

Why do muslims tolerate insanity?"

Your name FUNNYSLAM sounds more like FUNNY Islam I believe that your trying to make a mockery of Islam by posting this because anybody knows that this is garbage that youve posted your actions Mr atheist is very evil and WE ALL SEE YOU!!!

Edited by twoswordali

Anyone with the least amount of intelligence would know that this is complete rubbish...Lies from the Kufaar against our brohters at the frontlines...the least we can do for our brothers at the battlefield is make du'a....we sit at home comfortably...while they spill their blood for the Ummah, for your sister, for your brother who you failed to defend...How ridiculous...have we forgotten what Allah told us:

"O you who believe! if a wicked person comes to you with a report, look carefully into it, lest you harm a people in ignorance..."

This news is not from a Faasiq, but from an Atheist!

The least you can do for the brothers is make sincere du'a that Allah gives them victory over the Kuffaar and their allies, that their enemies be defeated and humiliated.

May the eyes of the slanderer & the coward never find rest in his sleep!

sura 49:6 "Oh YOU WHO BELIEVE iF A WICKED PERSON COMES TOYOU WITH ANY NEWS, ASCERTAIN THE TRUTH, LEST YOU HARM PEOPLE UNWITTINGLY AND AFTERWARDS BECOME FULL OF REPENTANCE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

what ever the thread starter has posted is so sick.it sounds so unislamic.sis redeem is right.and so is Al Athary. how do you know that this is true.

and BTW what is the source you are refering to...

what ever the thread starter has posted is so sick.it sounds so unislamic.sis redeem is right.and so is Al Athary. how do you know that this is true.

and BTW what is the source you are refering to...

dont forget me :sl:

:sl:

A quick google search found his source:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettelegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/2538545/Al-Qaeda-in-Iraq-alienated-by-cucumber-laws-and-brutality.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettelegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-brutality.html[/url]

I consider the news as a US propaganda to demonize and frame Iraqi patriots who are defending Iraq against the US terrorists.

Why Aren't Muslims Enraged At Ridiculous Rules?

enragement would not solve any problem. that's the first thing you have to learn here. btw, one only needs to read the opening sentence of the article to find that it is another propaganda.

wassalam,

y

Anyone believing these ridiculous stories is out of their minds. Can't they think up of something more realistic. This should be posted in Just for fun section.

Peace.

so why didnt muslim in afghanistan condone when taliban were in power and they used to "rule" the people? and when they had young boys to have sex with etc etc...

The real answer to this is:

You (the OP) said in the west you wouldnt tolerate this. are you sure? Now really i will give you another chance? Are you still sure?

Yes, I'm pretty sure we don't want to kill women for buying cucumbers or penis-shaped vegetables.

Why do muslims have such an immature relationship with sexuality?

Why are muslims so afraid of sex?

Millions of Arabs visit prostitutes in Thailand and millions of Arabs sexually exploit domestic workers, but they're scared as hell when it comes to their own women.

So we know where the real hypocrits can be found.

Then why isnt anyone saying anything to the bush? He "liberated" afghanistan/iraq and in the process killed so many civilians, raped women, tortured people who were wrongfully captured, went against the geneva convention, defied UN!!!!! yet when russia did the same (in georgia) US had a problem with it and told russia it faces "isolation" from UN!!!! US being hypocritical as usual!!

At least we had a public debate about the problem.

You muslims never have a public debate about anything.

You have your mollahs and they say "let's kill all women who buy cucumbers".

And nobody of you has the courage to stand up and say: "F*kk off, mollah, you are insane."

Why are muslims so obedient like children? Why are they afraid to speak out?

No further on, remember before 1996, terrorists bombed several of US embassies around the world? what did the US do? it bombed different places (i cant remmeber the specific places) but how many people were killed? does this action not make US and the terrorist same? I mean if i killed your brother and you killed mine, then what would be the difference between you and me?

Have you even seen the protests against Bush's war?

So where are your protests against Al Qaeda and the crazy Taleban?

We protest, and we elect different leaders. You don't have the courage to protest, and you don't have the courage to create a democracy.

If muslims owned Tv stations and was large like nbc cbs fox cnn bbc ect.. then our story would be told and Muslims who don't condone evil acts would be pushed out more reguarly, however we dont have control of the tv stations and all that you see is pure B.S. My question to you is how can you view a one sided view of things because thats all what the news does it shows you the viewer a one sided message, in which you the viewer make up your mind to be angry which is what your prejudice is predicated on.

Now if all you do is view a one sided view of things and you form an opinion of people based on extreemly one sided information then you the viewer become an extreemist. Extreem in your view towards people and your one sided as well. So the reason why you dont hear the other side of the story is because those who are in position of power want you to be one sided in your views so that they can push their agenda faster with you the newly one sided extreemist defending their every action.

Until.... you the viewer get the other side of the story. Off subject a little here why did you come to an Islamic forum and name yourself FUNNYSLAM and then your first post is this one sided information and behind that information you say.

Common, with your petroleum you are making hundreds of billions of dollars without working. I'm sure you can create a few media stations with all that money.

Ask your king or your mollah or whoever rules you, to invest in an international TV station.

I'm sure the mollah or the king will quickly shut down that TV station, because it wouldn't be "haram", - no doubt.

You don't need a TV station. You need a popular revolution against the insanities of Islam. Like we, in the West, we also had a popular uprising against the crazy catholic church - remember the French Revolution?

Funnyislam, first of all your username makes no sense at all, it shows that you are here just to make fun of Islam, secondly, this is your 5th post, and all you doing is tying to play with the emotons of Muslims and make hem slip and say something and then you can say SEE YOU MUSLIMS ....blah blah.......

I suggest you go and browse the Forums other sections and Topics away from the Political ones, where you can learn about Islam and Muslims. If you cannot find them inshaAllah just post it and we'll guide you in the matter.

Take care.

Funnyislam, first of all your username makes no sense at all, it shows that you are here just to make fun of Islam, secondly, this is your 5th post, and all you doing is tying to play with the emotons of Muslims and make hem slip and say something and then you can say SEE YOU MUSLIMS ....blah blah.......

I suggest you go and browse the Forums other sections and Topics away from the Political ones, where you can learn about Islam and Muslims. If you cannot find them inshaAllah just post it and we'll guide you in the matter.

Take care.

Yes, please, show me *one* forum where muslims come together to criticize Islam and other muslims.

I, like millions of other people, have looked for ages for such a place, but it doesn't exist.

So if you know such a place, please *do* show us.

Thanks!

:sl: and Greetings Non Muslims

It is one thing to post that ridiculous story, but as you are not the one who wrote it maybe you was just puzzled by it and think is this really how Muslims are...... But all of what you wrote afterwards just shows who you are and what you think and how hateful you feel towards us.

I feel sorry for you, that you spend your life in such a way.

May Allah The Most High bring you out of the darkness and uncover the blindness from your eyes...Ameen.

P/S I second Sister UmAhmad to put this in the just for fun section. :sl:

Edited by Tamarbutah