Islamic Forum
Zeinab

Homosexual couples win rights in Israel

Homosexual couples win rights in israel

12/9/2004 10:00:00 AM GMT

Menachem Mazuz, israel's Attorney General has given a legal boost to same-sex couples in financial and property matters.

Homosexual couples in israel will now have the same rights as common law spouses regarding property, taxation and inheritance.

israel's homosexual community has been struggling to win social acceptance and civil rights under the law.

A local family court has recently criticized the state's objection to a financial agreement between male partners to share responsibility for the child of one of the men.

"The attorney general's basic approach is that with regard to recognizing partnerships between members of the same sex, one must distinguish between financial and other practical arrangements, in which the tendency should be practical and flexible, in the spirit of the times and of changing circumstances; and issues involving the creation of a new statutory status requiring a more cautions approach which, in general, should be left to parliament to decide," Mazuz wrote.

The Attorney General’s "approach" indicates that starting now, homosexual couples will have certain rights in family matters, property taxes, and matters of inheritance.

Mazuz's statement states that homosexual partners will not only be recognized in matters of taxation and real estate, but they will as well be able to transfer gifts between them without having to pay taxes

The approach became evident earlier this year in the case of Adir Steiner and Tzach Granit.

Last year, former attorney general, Elyakim Rubinstein, ruled that israel won’t recognize gay couples.

The state refused to contest an appeal filed by the couple against a lower court ruling, which turned down their request not to pay purchase tax for transferring the ownership of a house from one partner to the other.

The israeli law states that the purchase tax is waived when a home is transferred from one partner to the other of a married couple.

Mazuz referred to the case of a Nazareth District Court decision, saying that the surviving member of a same-sex couple can now inherit the estate of the deceased if it was not willed to another person.

The Jerusalem Post quoted legal reporter Moshe as saying: "The state of israel will stop formally fighting against the efforts of same-sex couples to institutionalize their relationships. I think this is an honorable sign as to how far society and the state have come over the years."

Also Ha'aretz quoted lawmaker Roman Bronfman of the Yahad party as saying that Mazuz’s decision was a landmark for the homosexual community in israel, adding that it had expanded the definition of the "family unit."

However, the public acceptance of homosexuality in israel varies from city to city.

For instance, in Tel Aviv, the mayor's office has a liaison to the homosexual community, whereas in Jerusalem both former Mayor Ehud Olmert and current Mayor Uri Lupolianski have been trying to stop homosexual events from taking place in the city.

Al Jazeera

=======================

:D

Does Judaism allow homosexuality? :D I don't believe so, mankind destroys itself by its own hand.

Edited by Zeinab

PropellerAds
Does Judaism allow homosexuality?  :D I don't believe so,  mankind destroys itself by its own hand.

The book of Leviticus, which appears in both the Torrah and the Christian Bible actually calls for Homosexuals to be put to death.

Assalamwalaikum

Thats 'freedom' for you..........

I will never understand why religions are so against the gay people.

It actually very simple, and I think our Muslim friends will agree with me on this. God intended sex for reproduction, that it is pleasurable as well is a gift from God. Homo erotic activities however have no reproductive value what so ever. In otherwords, homosexuals will never have sex for any reason other than pleasure and pleasure alone.

It actually very simple, and I think our Muslim friends will agree with me on this.  God intended sex for reproduction, that it is pleasurable as well is a gift from God.  Homo erotic activities however have no reproductive value what so ever.  In otherwords, homosexuals will never have sex for any reason other than pleasure and pleasure alone.

Why would God give the urge to have pleasure to people that couldn't repropduce?

Like infertile people?

Many older relegions and cultures(Greeks ETC)P viewed homosexuality as a normal form of love.

God gave us urges and condoms, if the Bible were written today he could save many of us from a life of guilt by acknolegeging our own creations.

:D and my greetings,

In otherwords, homosexuals will never have sex for any reason other than pleasure and pleasure alone.

Agreed. Islam teaches us to sacrifice our own sensual desires for the pleasure of our creator. People who indulge in such behavior sacrifice their opportunities to please the creator for their own sensual desires. This diminishes nothing from the creator, because the creator is in no need of their worship. On the other hand, they devalue their own souls with this ignorance... :D

Why would God give the urge to have pleasure to people that couldn't repropduce?

Perhaps it is part of the form that makes us human...the "it" being that innate desire to reproduce, or at least perform the behavior that leads to reproduction.

Many older relegions and cultures(Greeks ETC)P viewed homosexuality as a normal form of love.

Then those cultures were crushed, smited, and replaced. The fallacy of their "gods" was laid evident to the world and made an example of as a consequence to associating partners with the one true maker and creator of the universe.

God gave us urges and condoms, if the Bible were written today he could save many of us from a life of guilt by acknolegeging our own creations.

The creator could definitely help us with another book today if that was its choice, but I don't think you're asking for another Bible since it was written by the hands of men with subsequent alterations, deletions, and translations into languages Jesus (sallalahu allayhi wassalaam) never spoke...yet are often considered to be the true "word of God."

Anyhow, another message was sent after the Bible...it is called the Quran. It, in fact, shows us how to SAVE OURSELVES by acknowledging our own GIFTS & BLESSINGS like the ability to reason between right and wrong, as well as something called self-restraint or discipline.

Peace and :P,

AS

:D

ummm man made condoms not God and besides why were they made, funny and sad thing is people who are getting infected by STDs are increasing in number.

Live with your guilt living just for pleasure is not exactly regarded as something great.

Beides Allah (SWT) didn't tell man kind to stop their urges rather to not live for them and express them in appropriate ways, in marriage and with the opposite gender.

It is not important what man thinks when the Creator deems something as unacceptable then it is so. Besides the acceptance of such perversity brings ruin to society and harms it so it must be stopped.

Most people are not infertile and Allah (SWT) deemed them as such for a reason.

Thank you Yank for clearing that up.

Guest Sulemaan

Let me sneak in -

Those who support homosexuality must also support Pedophilia/Paedophilia (sexual preference for children). Perhaps, in the future we might also see the legalization of Pedophilia in israel.

Edited by Sulemaan

Hey,

All religions come and go. Christianity has changed, will change, where did the pope come from or all this other jibberish they do in my town.

People add edit delete from religions all the times, and people that follow those religions always do it differently. Its not a defined thing, You can't say this is whta a Chirstian is. And this is what a muslim is.

Not religion comes around based on locality? The Aborigionis had thier own religion, they can find tribes in the jungle that have never had contact with the outside world.

They ahve thier own religion.

If god wanted to tell people how to live, why would he tell so many people how to llive, in so many ways, and all the stories come about based upon where the people are from.

Peace Sulemaan!

Those who support homosexuality must also support Pedophilia/Paedophilia (sexual preference for children). Perhaps, in the future we might also see the legalization of Pedophilia in israel.

And you were doing so well recently! :D

Venier has pretty much made this point already. The difference between paedophilia and homosexuality is huge.

Paedophilia breaks the law of consent on the part of the child.

Paedolphilia breaks the law on the AGE of consent on the part of the child.

Homosexual or heterosexual the two above principles are not transgressable in the law.

You have your sexual ethics and we have ours, yours say it is acceptable for a girl to be married at the onset of puberty. In my culture that's called paedophilia.

Peace,

Eoin

Guest Sulemaan

Hello Eoin,

Make a reasonable debate, and I will respond so, but supporting perversity (with or without consent) will get what it deserves.

Regards

Guest Sulemaan
You have your sexual ethics and we have ours, yours say it is acceptable for a girl to be married at the onset of puberty. In my culture that's called paedophilia.

What is your culture Eoin? Yank is from your culture, but he doesn't share your views. Kale is from your culture, but she doesn't share your views. And not to mention many of my western friends who do not and would never share your views. Which culture are you talking about? The culture Evil that is spreading immorality and destroying the social fabric of the countries around the world?

It is people like you who are responsible for the degrading human values in the world. You are commenting on marriage in our culture? Should have looked up to high-school sex and teenage pregnancy statistics in your country before commenting on my culture. The concept of marriage and family are beyond your comprehension. You are comparing matrimony to paedophilia? That just shows your idea of marriage and society. But these are normal human practices, and I don't expect people of abnormal preferences to understand it anyway.

Peace,

Make a reasonable debate, and I will respond so, but supporting perversity (with or without consent) will get what it deserves.

Consent is the paramount factor so I'm afraid argument may be impossible with you. Homosexuality does not harm me or anyone else, therefore between those that consent to practice it I have no problem.

What is your culture Eoin? Yank is from your culture, but he doesn't share your views. Kale is from your culture, but she doesn't share your views.

My culture is west of Scotland. Neither Yank or Kale are in any way connected to the culture of the west of Scotland, though I choose to respect their beliefs as both have respected mine.

You call it evil destroying the social fabric. I call it people living their lives how they want to within the confines of our law.

You seem to have taken extreme offence to me suggesting your culture promotes what would be termed paedophilia in my culture. A bit hypocritical seeing as you wish to describe sexual behaviour in my culture as perverse.

You are comparing matrimony to paedophilia?

No, I said quite clearly that somebody who chooses to marry a 9 year old would be considered a paedophile where I am from. The reason being that a paedophile is somebody who is sexually attracted to children, marriage's usually get consumated.

That just shows your idea of marriage and society.

I rather hope it does! :D

Should have looked up to high-school sex and teenage pregnancy statistics in your country before commenting on my culture.

I don't have a problem with high-school sex as long as the two parties are above the age of consent, consent to the act and have recieved proper sex education. Unplanned/unwanted teenage pregnancy is the result of poor sex education/access to contraception. I don't deny the problem.

But these are normal human practices, and I don't expect people of abnormal preferences to understand it anyway.

In my culture you'd be the abnormal one.

Peace,

Eoin

Guest Sulemaan
Peace,

Consent is the paramount factor so I'm afraid argument may be impossible with you. Homosexuality does not harm me or anyone else, therefore between those that consent to practice it I have no problem.

This is the problem with you and your "west of scotland' culture. You don't see anything beyond yourself or your interest. Incest is also done with consent, I suppose you would support that too. I guess it's not your fault - it's just your culture.

You call it evil destroying the social fabric. I call it people living their lives how they want to within the confines of our law.

It breaks the laws of nature as such it breaks the laws of soceity and hence destroys the social fabric.

A bit hypocritical seeing as you wish to describe sexual behaviour in my culture as perverse.

The height of hypocrisy is when a man claims to respect the right of sexual perference and at the same time shows no respect for the people's right to live.

No, I said quite clearly that somebody who chooses to marry a 9 year old would be considered a paedophile where I am from. The reason being that a paedophile is somebody who is sexually attracted to children, marriage's usually get consumated.

I think you are trying to push in a subject that is no way related to this topic. I guess this your way of escaping a debate. Anyway, since you have brought it up - firstly, the age mentioned is wrong, and secondly the marriage was not consumated at that time. And lastly, that was an exceptional case, and no respectable historian or scholar has criticized the person on this basis, because if you observe his life, you will wont to believe that this acti had better reasons, which were in no way sexual in nature. You should know, the same man wed someone 25 years older than him and the same man married an old widow to support her. Don't talk to about things of which you have neither knowledge nor the capacity to discuss.

I rather hope it does!  :D

Unlike you, I am not willing to judge your whole culture based on your personal opinion. I am sure the rest of the West Scottish culture is normal as I or any other human being is.

In my culture you'd be the abnormal one.

Correct that to "In my opinion", because even in your culture you would be termed abnormal, and a few hunderd years back; you would be up the stakes. By the way, I believe if you go public with your views you would be looked upon as one of them and probably be a social outcast in your own society. Is that the reason why so many people hide this "sexual preference?"

Edited by Sulemaan

Greetings Sky,

All religions come and go. Christianity has changed, will change, where did the pope come from or all this other jibberish they do in my town.

People add edit delete from religions all the times, and people that follow those religions always do it differently. Its not a defined thing, You can't say this is whta a Chirstian is. And this is what a muslim is.

You couldn't be more wrong! This is PRECISELY the reason Islam was revealed as the creator's final revelation to humanity! This is why you see Muslims (the ones that listen to the Quran and Muhammad's(SAW) examples...and in doing so avoid sects) striving to do things how the prophet(SAW) did. There is a precise guidebook of how to live, and it is the most well documented religion in the history of man. With this final message people can people can transcend the mistakes humans innovated in previous Abrahamic religions.

Based on the Quran and Sunnah you can look at the things terrorists or the leaders of Iran do and, although they are Muslim, their behavior is not in line with the teachings of Islam. To say that their deviation changes what it means to be Muslim is absolutely false. They would not dare attempt to edit the Quran or Sunnah (examples of the prophet). Because this is the source of knowledge as to what makes a Muslim, it defines once and for all the ins and outs of the way to perfectly worship the sole maker and creator of the universe. although, people who are misled by the media might believe there are different kinds of Islam.

As for the rest of your argument...look at America. How many people here are Mormon? Few. Most people here believe in religions that have NOTHING to do with us on a local level. They also have almost nothing to do with anywhere we are likely to visit in our lifetimes.

Beliefs like that are polytheistic because if there is only 1 true God, then there is only 1 correct way to worship. It's mathematical, like saying 1+1 can equal 2 OR 5...doesn't make sense.

Peace,

AS

Stay on topic, this is not to discuss difference in cultures

Besides don't come here to support your support of perversity and do express your points more respectfully.

Well, Venier whether he believes in God or not, the fact remain God exists and HE has made it clear that this is a form of perversity, in the three religions. What they are doing is wrong, period.They will be judged in their actions but it doesn't change the act is wrong.

Religion changes and theres no one persciption for how to live and as long as your not hurting others, your living your way, and that ok.

There is a precise guidebook of how to live, and it is the most well documented religion in the history of man.

I've heard Jews and Christians say this and so go you saying it. And every single relgiion will provide "evidence" that it is true.

Based on the Quran and Sunnah you can look at the things terrorists or the leaders of Iran do and, although they are Muslim, their behavior is not in line with the teachings of Islam.

Looking at this message board (and Iraq and 9/11) I think you may have a couple of people that disagree with you..........

How many people here are Mormon? Few.

I have a few mormon friends, infact some came knocking on my door recently

Beliefs like that are polytheistic because if there is only 1 true God, then there is only 1 correct way to worship. It's mathematical, like saying 1+1 can equal 2 OR 5...doesn't make sense.

All roads lead to Rome.

-Peace-

Peace Zeinab,

Stay on topic, this is not to discuss difference in cultures

How can we discuss the rights of homosexuals in israel without discussing different cultures? Surely that is the point of the exercise or this isn't a discussion?

Besides don't come here to support your support of perversity and do express your points more respectfully.

Perversity is subject to the culture and time in which one discusses? You are right though I have been too abrasive in my discussion, I will do my best to be more respectful.

Peace Sulemaan,

This is the problem with you and your "west of scotland' culture. You don't see anything beyond yourself or your interest. Incest is also done with consent, I suppose you would support that too. I guess it's not your fault - it's just your culture.

My interest? My friend I am not a homosexual, I argue here precisely because of concern for those who's human rights you would see taken away. Incest, even if partaken with consent is proven to cause heavy physical birth defects in children, which infringes on the rights of the individual being born. I don't think it's much of an issue in Scotland to be honest.

It breaks the laws of nature as such it breaks the laws of soceity and hence destroys the social fabric.

Homosexuality is very apparent in nature, numerous species practice it. Indeed several species predominantly practice it. Insofar as I live in a society in which it breaks no laws homosexuality is not a problem. I'd therefore respectfully disagree it destroys the social fabric. (I would be interested to know your definition/description of 'the' social fabric?)

The height of hypocrisy is when a man claims to respect the right of sexual perference and at the same time shows no respect for the people's right to live.

To whom do I disrespect the right to live? I don't follow...

I think you are trying to push in a subject that is no way related to this topic. I guess this your way of escaping a debate. Anyway, since you have brought it up - firstly, the age mentioned is wrong, and secondly the marriage was not consumated at that time. And lastly, that was an exceptional case, and no respectable historian or scholar has criticized the person on this basis, because if you observe his life, you will wont to believe that this acti had better reasons, which were in no way sexual in nature. You should know, the same man wed someone 25 years older than him and the same man married an old widow to support her. Don't talk to about things of which you have neither knowledge nor the capacity to discuss.

I wasn't referring to the Prophet. (pbuh) Merely the custom of permitting marriage at the onset of puberty. Indeed my point was not meant as a criticism of the custom itself, merely that in Glasgow such an act would be considered paedophilic, in the same way homosexuality would be considered perverse in your culture. Live and let live?

Unlike you, I am not willing to judge your whole culture based on your personal opinion. I am sure the rest of the West Scottish culture is normal as I or any other human being is.

I do not judge your culture my friend. Indeed I go out of my way to defend it when talking to people, though I thank you for not judging mine either.

Correct that to "In my opinion", because even in your culture you would be termed abnormal, and a few hunderd years back; you would be up the stakes. By the way, I believe if you go public with your views you would be looked upon as one of them and probably be a social outcast in your own society. Is that the reason why so many people hide this "sexual preference?"

I assume this is because you think I'm a bummer and I shall withold comment! :D

Peace,

Eoin

Bismillah,

sallam,

peace,

israel...israel..israel, the jews use to be guided people, righteous people, forbade evil and enjoyed the good Allah(swt) allowed them...they were the leaders of mankind...because they had patience and had trust in Allah. However, some generations destroyed all the good and allowed evil. ever since, Allah's wrath was upon them. It will continue til the Last Hour. They are the once who promote every kind of evil and the biggest one is promoting gays. They know well that they are the worst enemy of Allah(God) untill Allah brings them forth and gives them sever punishment. But, only if they knew...they are given their appointed time...and once that is over...Allah's punishment will fall on them and sever one watis for them.

They control the media, ads, radios,newspapers and every day they are doing nothing but to destroy mankind. Sex...sex..sex..is the only thoughts in their evil minds..but they do not wish to keep it to their ownselfs..but want to corrupt every human being. Those who support them are even worst than them.

p.s do not take my words and give it ur own meanings, i hope u understand what i mean.

peace,

Homosexuality is very apparent in nature, numerous species practice it. Indeed several species predominantly practice it.

We can't have animals as the basis of our morality. There r many animals which kill thier offsprings but doesn't mean it's acceptable.

Allah gave us a will & his book as guidance to choose between right & wrong and we can't abandon that to follow anaimal instincts. That's what seperates us from animals.

Guest Sulemaan
Incest, even if partaken with consent is proven to cause heavy physical birth defects in children, which infringes on the rights of the individual being born. I don't think it's much of an issue in Scotland to be honest.

So you think apart from it biological aspect, there's nothing wrong in Incest as well?

Homosexuality is very apparent in nature, numerous species practice it.

Now that's a false claim, you yourself provided me with some facts on homosexual activity in some animals, but that was far and wide, and quite a rare occurance even in animals. It was no at all 'Numerous', it was SOME.

Insofar as I live in a society in which it breaks no laws homosexuality is not a problem. I'd therefore respectfully disagree it destroys the social fabric. (I would be interested to know your definition/description of 'the' social fabric?)

It is a fact that most psychological problems occur at an early age due to the environment we live in. What we live makes us. If you deprive a child the love of a normal human family, you cannot expect him to grow up to be normal. Not most of them. A child having two mothers or two fathers, unsure of his or her sexuality or what is right and what is wrong - that will be the future of the society.

To whom do I disrespect the right to live? I don't follow...

Follow yourself and you'll know.

I wasn't referring to the Prophet. (pbuh) Merely the custom of permitting marriage at the onset of puberty. Indeed my point was not meant as a criticism of the custom itself, merely that in Glasgow such an act would be considered paedophilic, in the same way homosexuality would be considered perverse in your culture. Live and let live?

At least try to be honest. You specifically mentioned the false age accusation that is used by anti-Islamic propagandists. And don't wrongly use words like "Custom" or as if it is something forced upon Muslims. The concept of marraige in Islam is far wider than just a license for sex. Marriage is a noble act in Islam that saves people from committing from committing sinful acts. The age of marriage for women has varied from time to time and culture to culture. Marriage is the corner stone of society, do not degrade it by comparing to perversity.

Homosexuality is not just opposed by our culture, look around you, a farther West in the US there is a huge outcry against the homosexuality. Don't try to make it look like we are the only ones opposing it. And I am sure a majority of Scots oppose it too.

I assume this is because you think I'm a bummer and I shall withold comment!  :D

You are for Homosexuality because both you and homosexualty are anti-religion. You have rebelled against religion hence, anything that the religion opposes, you feel your duty to support. This is a testament of that rebellion. The question is not whether homosexuality is wrong or not (it is wrong in the eyes of a vast majority of living creatures including insects and plants), the question is how far will you go with this rebellion against religion? You will only end up destroying your world.

Edited by Sulemaan

Peace Mansoor,

I appreciate your point however I don't see how comparing homosexuality with infanticide makes a good analogy. I used animals as an example to state my case that homosexuality is perfectly natural accross species.

I don't argue that everything in nature should be emulated by humans. Merely that the argument that homosexuality isn't natural is unfounded.

I've seen no argument thus far that would suitably answer why a non-religious homosexual shouldn't be allowed rights in israel?