Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Prosperity

Vote For Masjid To Be Built

:sl: brothers and sisters

''A proposal for a controversial £100 million Masjid next to the Olympic Village will be decided by an unelected quango. A decision on whether it gets the go- ahead will rest not with Newham's elected councillors but with the London Thames Gateway Development Corporation.

Plans by the Muslim sect Tablighi Jamaat to build the Masjid have aroused concern as the group has been accused of drawing young men towards an extremist version of Islam.

Although no formal planning application has yet been made, the proposal has stirred up substantial argument.

The public will be consulted - as with other planning applications - but if the corporation approves the proposal there will be no right of appeal.''

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23390637-details/Unelected+quango+to+decide+on+osque+for+Olympic+site/article.do"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthisislondon.co.uk/news/article...site/article.do[/url]

Please vote ''Yes'' for the Masjid to be built here:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthisislondon.co.uk/poll/poll-18791-details/ques-18669-id/%C2%A3100m+mosque:+Vote+now/poll.do"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthisislondon.co.uk/poll/poll-18...ote+now/poll.do[/url]

Edited by xXxXMuslima-4-LifeXxXx

PropellerAds
Plans by the Muslim sect Tablighi Jamaat to build the Masjid have aroused concern as the group has been accused of drawing young men towards an extremist version of Islam.

That makes me laugh, Tablighi Jamaat are extremly passive. Unless by extremism they mean following the Quran & Sunnah of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).

Assalamu Alaikum, I am not sure what to say, Political leaders and head of Countries attend the Closing Duaas at the end of the Tablighi Jamaat Ijtimaa in many countres. Tablighee Jamaat have no association to Politics at all, and their main purpose is to invite people towards believing in the oneness of Allah and to bring the Quran and Sunnah in their own lives and as well as the lives of the Muslims in particular, and all public in general.

If the Counsilors or people involved are scared of the Tablighee Jamaat, then they can as well be scared of their own shadows, which the actually are.

That makes me laugh, Tablighi Jamaat are extremly passive. Unless by extremism they mean following the Quran & Sunnah of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).

I agree with you, they probably connect extremism to the sunnah way of dressing and the beards and the Naqaabs. May Allah show everybody the right Path, ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum

It's racists like the BNP that are spreading lies and campaigning against building this Masjid.

CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=XUjePsrUEWw"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=XUjePsrUEWw[/url]

BNP (British National Party)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=ZvHpB3IrooY"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=ZvHpB3IrooY[/url]

Guest amani

:sl:

i personally think this masjid is way to big for england. there are loads of big masjids in london, and we need to stop the building and start the working, as in figure out how to fill these masjids...

Salaam,

I believe there is also concern because the Masjid would hold more people than any of the largest cathedrals or churches in the UK. Not good for community relations, to say the least.

Remember, when you talk about radicalism your idea of 'centre ground' is going to be very, very different to the British government or British public's idea of radicalism. Most of the radical Masjids/schools in the UK are run by groups which are heavily funded by KSA. When this means teaching materials include descriptions of Jews and Christians as monkeys and pigs, are you surprised that the government is concerned by any radical group with links to KSA etc?

Fnally, yes, radical Islam is seen in beards and niqaabs. They are alien and it is natural human reaction to fear the alien, especially when it conceals.

A Masjid should be part of the complex, but it should be a Masjid which reflects Islam in the UK: moderate and willing to engage with the wider community of Muslims and non-Muslims. A super-mosque fails to do this and creates a target for hatred, dislike and uneasiness.

Does the building of a super-mosque in London have benefits? Not especially, as Amani has pointed out, there are lots of Masjids already.

Does the building of a super Masjid have problems? Yes, it will create hostility and lend credence to the theory that Muslims are already over-protected and pampered in the UK.

What is the capacity in the most important Masjids in the world? I'm assuming they would be something like the Masjids in Mecca, in Medina and in Jerusalem?

Peace and Love,

DARLA

:sl:

What's so 'alien' about a beard? It naturally grows on all men.

I have heard that the Markaz plan has now been changed to a smaller masjid. Wallahu Alim

we need to stop the building and start the working, as in figure out how to fill these masjids...

Even here in USA, they are building all these huge Masjids, the only time they are filled is during Jumuah prayers.. all other prayers they r very much empty.

I think the solution is like it's done in Middle East & South Asia. Have more small masjids in neighborhoods whr ppl can walk to & pray 5 times rather than have having super sized one where it takes 15 mins to get by car.

Salaam,

Smaller, local places of worship are better for the environment, increase choice (if you have a dislike of one preacher, you can get to another) and can act more efficiently in the local community. I certainly agree, multiple -small better than one-big.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Guest amani
Salaam,

Remember, when you talk about radicalism your idea of 'centre ground' is going to be very, very different to the British government or British public's idea of radicalism. Most of the radical Masjids/schools in the UK are run by groups which are heavily funded by KSA. When this means teaching materials include descriptions of Jews and Christians as monkeys and pigs, are you surprised that the government is concerned by any radical group with links to KSA etc?

actually this group is not a group from ksa, infact the scholars of ksa are totally not for this group and is officially banned to the best of my knowledge. regarding the pics and monkeys thing, this is a trick of the west. they misquote and ayah from the Quran itself.

in short to label this particular group to be radical is hilarious because they are anything but. infact a non muslim said regarding them after hed checked them out after 11/9. you dont need to worry about these people. they are only bothered about whats up there (the sky) and under there (the earth, as in grave)

Fnally, yes, radical Islam is seen in beards and niqaabs. They are alien and it is natural human reaction to fear the alien, especially when it conceals.

as a brother said the beard is natural! if people can walk about with next to nothing why should a woman who cares about herslef be judged by the way she dresses.

:sl: warahamatullaahi wabarakatuh,

I find it completely bewilding to hear that yet more Masjids are being built. It is not so much the level of Masjid being built i'm complaining about, rather its the amount of money being invested in these Masjids. There are already numerous Masjids, which tend to be empty most of the time subhanallaah. Should we not be investing all these money for a better cause? help the orphan? the needy? or is it all about lavish places. May Allaah guide us to the straight path.