Islamic Forum
wiseguy

Taliban Displays Its Reach With Attacks

Is there an example of a Caliph who went quietly when people said he was corrupt and took up arms against him?

edit - and of course the counter-example is Nixon, who resigned peacefully.

Edited by packham

PropellerAds
Here is the WHOLE article, with the sentence YOU DECEPTIVELY left out highlighted in red. That is tantamount to lying. YOU ARE A LIAR, ###### !! And YOU don't know what you're talking about. Now go and 'report' this post like a coward, because that's what you are. A COWARDLY LIAR.

Militants' new reach and power are demonstrated in attacks on U.S. and French troops.

By M. Karim Faiez and Laura King, Special to The Times

August 20, 2008

The high toll among the French forces occurred despite the quick deployment of reinforcements, including close air support and mobile medical units. Western military officials said a "large number" of insurgents were killed in the battle, but declined to provide a more specific figure.

Your English comprehension must be very bad that you twist my posts above to insult me. Here are your posts and mine what :

Your post:

... a "large number" of insurgents were killed in the battle...

Forgot that part, chief.

'at least a half-dozen suicide bombers blowing themselves up in succession'

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

My response:

How many were killed? Your source?

Your next post:

The 'source' is the article you posted. It's the part you 'forgot' to include.

And we know that at least six idiots blew themselves up. That couldn't be all. I'm sure the terrorist attackers were stacked up like cord wood.

My response:

How can you say (I quote your words) a "large number" of insurgents were killed in the battle when you don't even know what you are talking about? The fact is you have proven that you have no facts to support your baseless claim.

The fact is you have twisted my posts to insult me indicates that you are so immoral. You have failed to show me the number of Muslims killed by NATO in the battle. Even though Western military officials said a "large number" of insurgents were killed in the battle, they declined to provide a more specific figure. WHY did they decline to provide a more specific figure? They should know the number of Muslims killed by NATO in the battle. Their reluctance to give specific figure indicates that they are lying about the 'large number'. Usually NATO or any other military organizations would declare the number of enemies killed in a battle if there are any in their combat report.

assalaam alaikum.

i would like to remind the posters to please not to insult each other....this post is not directed at any specific poster and is just a reminder to all.

So ... no-one can think of a Caliph who quit when 'the people' decided that he was unfit to rule?

So ... no-one can think of a Caliph who quit when 'the people' decided that he was unfit to rule?

hassan ibn ali

wassalam,

y

Yasnov, Hassan ibn ali didn't resign because "the people decided he was unfit to rule", he resigned because he was defeated in battle and surrendered to Muawiyah on the condition that he renounce his title.

Find a different example.

Yasnov, Hassan ibn ali didn't resign because "the people decided he was unfit to rule", he resigned because he was defeated in battle and surrendered to Muawiyah on the condition that he renounce his title.

Find a different example.

russ, for an example of a caliph who resigned because the people decided he was unfit to rule, then you first have to find an example where the people had asked a caliph to resign.

wassalam,

y

russ, for an example of a caliph who resigned because the people decided he was unfit to rule, then you first have to find an example where the people had asked a caliph to resign.

Well, that's an unfair request. Medieval cultures had nothing like a referendum or voting, so there is no way for me to tell you whether the people were discontent with their leaders, because there was no passive way for people to voice their discontent. What I can tell you based on this information is that since the caliphs did not provide means such as these to assess the will of the people, they didn't care much what the people thought of them.

Well, that's an unfair request. Medieval cultures had nothing like a referendum or voting, so there is no way for me to tell you whether the people were discontent with their leaders, because there was no passive way for people to voice their discontent. What I can tell you based on this information is that since the caliphs did not provide means such as these to assess the will of the people, they didn't care much what the people thought of them.

well, then please provide an example where more than 50 % of the people living under sharia revolted against the government.

wassalam,

y

well, it's government vs government war. we can't conclude that more than 50% of the greeks were unhappy about sharia

wassalam,

y

i never said they resign i said there were straighten out. Although they should have the right in the sharia to remove the calipha out of power if he becomes corrupt. But if his followers and bodyguards are with him then it will be difficult as then people will be clashing in whats right and whats not.

But the general idea is that we have the right to take the calipha out of power if he becomes corrupt.

Also, th einevitable question that comes with this sort iof generalisation is does it have to be ALL 'the people' who decide that that caliph is corrupt and try to remove him? If not, at what point does 'the people' become 'trouble-making rebels'? When they are less than 50%? Or what?

Democracy offers exactly this ability for 'the peole' to remove corrupt leaders, and 'the people' get the opportunity every few years.

Most Afghans want Shariah law, the Afghans did not oppose the Taliban because of Shariah law but because of the poverty which was actually caused by the UN and US sanctions.

The northern alliance who oppose Shariah law are in fact most Communists (yeah the same people whom the Soviets were funding and arming are now fighting for America)>

i never said they resign i said there were straighten out. Although they should have the right in the sharia to remove the calipha out of power if he becomes corrupt. But if his followers and bodyguards are with him then it will be difficult as then people will be clashing in whats right and whats not.

But the general idea is that we have the right to take the calipha out of power if he becomes corrupt.

not if he just becomes corrupt but if he becomes an apostate or changes Islamic laws to Kafir laws and sets up a Kafir system of Government (which is proof of apostacy by the way since the Qur'an says those who dont rule by what Allah revealed are Kafir).

Most Afghans want Shariah law, the Afghans did not oppose the Taliban because of Shariah law but because of the poverty which was actually caused by the UN and US sanctions.

If that's the case, why did most Afghans participate in the election?

Everyone in a position to know. I don't think the Taliban or anyone else has claimed they didin't.

If that's the case, why did most Afghans participate in the election?

because it's their right .. duh... besides they thought their participation could prevent warlords from winning the elections. they also thought the invaders would go away after they participated in their staged election. but staged is staged ...

wassalam,

y

Really? The Afghanis thought that soon after their beloved Taliban had been thrown out they would participate in elections in which their beloved Taliban was not allowed to run? Seems unlikely to me.

Really? The Afghanis thought that soon after their beloved Taliban had been thrown out they would participate in elections in which their beloved Taliban was not allowed to run? Seems unlikely to me.

yes, the taliban had been thrown out, but the people had the right to move on with their life, right? this is not layla and majnun love stories.

wassalam,

y

Exactly. The Afghani people accepted the new political situation, which is exactly my point. Thanks for agreeing.

yeah, they just wanted to know where that's all going ...

wassalam,

y

Assalamualikum

This is the official statement released by the Taliban inshAllah regarding the attacks on 19/8/2008.. i think this is what Post number 1 is talking about right?

==================================================

=============================

19-08-2008

Mujahideen operations against the enemies of Islam terrorists in Afghanistan are reported to Theunjustmedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link) by the official Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan spokesmen Qari Muhammad Yousuf and Zabihuallah Mujahid by e-mails.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

All Praise and thanks are due to Allah, the Lord of all that exists and may peace and prayers be upon the Messenger of Allah, his family, companions in entirety

16 Mujahideen collectively carry out Martyrdom Operation killing 30 American invader terrorists in Khost Monday night 18-08-2008, 15 courageous Mujahideen of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, entered American invader base, where a large number of terrorists live, in Sarsa Bagh airport near Khost city capital of Khost province.

In the attack firefighting continued through out the night, during which 30 American terrorists were killed, two helicopters, eight tanks and a number of military vehicles were destroyed, huge explosions could be heard also fires in the base could be seen. We ask Allah to accept our brothers among martyrs in Eelleyeen (high rank in the paradise). All praise and gratitude are due to Allah.

American liars are claiming that they were able to martyr all the Mujahideen before they entered the base, this is not true out of the sixteen Mujahideen who took part in this martyrdom operation, only one was martyred before entering the base, the other Mujahideen were able to enter the base.

If this claim of the American liars of martyring all Mujahideen before they enter the base is true, then we ask American liars to explain to the world, who was it that they were fighting inside their base thought out the night, we ask them to also explain the loud blasts which the people could hear and the fires which were ignited inside the base.

This was a great operation, first of its kind where sixteen Mujahids collectively launched martyrdom operation, after the attack the enemy of Islam bombarded the near by area, in which few civilians were martyred.

Reported by Zabihuallah Mujahid

20 French invader terrorists killed, the French coward army retaliates by bombardment in which 20 innocent civilians martyred in Paktika Tuesday midnight 19-08-08 at approximately 12:45 am local time, Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, ambushed a foot patrolling unit of French invaders in Wazben area of Sarobi district of Paktika province. In the the attack twenty invader terrorists were killed and many were wounded. After the enemy of Islam bombarded the surrounding area in which twenty civilians including women, children were martyred and many were wounded.

11 Canadian invader terrorists killed in Kandahar Tuesday morning 19-08-08 at approximately 8 am local time, Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, with remote controlled landmines blew up a foot patrolling unit of Canadian invaders in bazaar of Panjawai district of Kandahar province. In the explosions eleven Canadian terrorists were killed and many were wounded.

Reported by Qari Muhammad Yousuf

Mortar shells fired at American invaders base in Kandahar Tuesday morning 19-08-08 at approximately 8 am local time, Mujahideen fired three mortar shells at American invaders base in Malang Kariz area of Mewad district of of Kandahar province, where a large number of American terrorists live, however the damages and casualties to the enemy of Islam could not be confirmed in there entireties.

6 British invader terrorists killed in Helmand Tuesday morning 19-08-08 at approximately 7:45 am local time, Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, ambushed a foot patrolling units of British invaders and their puppets in Mermanddab area of Grishk district of Helmand province. In the ambush three British and three puppet terrorists were killed and many were wounded.

1 tank of American invaders blown up in Ghazni Tuesday 19-08-2008 at approximately 10 am local time, Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, with remote controlled landmines blew up a tank of American invaders in Bazk area of Maqer district of Ghazni province. In the explosion the tank was completely destroyed and four invader terrorists in it were killed or wounded.

5 tanks American invaders destroyed in Paktika Tuesday morning 19-08-08, Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, ambushed a convoy of American invaders in Wazben area of Sarobi district of Paktika province. In the ambush fighting started which continued for lasted for two hours in which five tanks were completely destroyed and all the invaders and in its were killed or wounded.

13 puppet terrorists killed in Nemroz Monday night 18-08-2008 at approximately 10 pm local time, Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, with heavy and light weapons attacked puppet police checkpoint in Jargi area Char Bolak district of Nemroz province. In the attack the checkpoint was captured, thirteen puppet terrorists were killed and their vehicle and arms were Mujahideen booty.

District headquarter captured in ParwanMonday night 18-08-2008 at approximately 10:15 local time, Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, with heavy and light weapons attacked Ghorband district headquarter in Parwan province. In the attack a firefight started which continued for two hours, during which the district headquarter and all posts of this district were captured, three puppet terrorists were killed, others fled from the area, two vehicles and stock of arms and military equipment were Mujahideen booty.

6 puppet police terrorists killed and 1 vehicle blown up in Jalalabad Monday 18-08-2008, Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, with remote controlled landmine blew up a vehicle of puppet police in Hadi farm area of Jalalabad city. The landmines completely destroyed the vehicle and six puppet terrorists in it were killed or wounded.

These operations were part of Ibrat (lesson) Plan, which was declared by Mulla Birader (may Allah protect him), deputy of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.

O, Revealer of The Book, Mover of the clouds, Destroy the co-coalition the enemies of Islam terrorists

O Allah, make them and their weaponry a booty for the Mujahideen

O Allah, you are our support and you are our only Victor; by your order we attack; by your order we retreat and by your order we fight

O Allah, the sky is yours; the earth is yours; the sea is yours, so whatever forces they have in the sky, drop them. Destroy all their forces in earth and sink all their forces in sea

O Allah, deal with them for verily they can never disable you

O Allah, retaliate upon them, afflict them like you did to Pharaoh and his nation

O Allah afflict their country with floods, make them in need of money and food and persons

O Allah defeat them, destroy them O the All-Strong, the All-Mighty

Allahu Akbar

"Honor, Power and Glory belong to Allah, His Messenger and the believers, but the hypocrites know not"