Islamic Forum
wiseguy

Taliban Displays Its Reach With Attacks

they just wanted to make sure that everything is okay

wassalam,

y

PropellerAds

btw, you indirectly admitted that taliban did tackle lawlessness in the area that they controlled.

wassalam,

y

You should. Do you agree that women should not be allowed to work? That girls should not be allowed to go to school/ That women cannot be treated by male doctors, even if no female doctor is available? That women should not be allowed to leave the house except in a burqa? Of course you don't. But the Taliban did.

Do you packham have any evidence to support your claim above? Why don't you tell us how the US puppet Northern Alliance warlords terrorize, rape and murder innocent Afghan women? Why don't you tell us how Taliban leaders and soldiers defend the dignity of women etc? It seems to me that you packham always condone the crime of the US regime and its puppets. How much does the US regime pay you to lie?

The Northern Alliance warlords, who are the U.S. allies, are rapists. As early as 1996, the U.S. State Department's own report on human rights in Afghanistan concluded that the forces led by Northern Alliance warlords systematically raped and killed Hazzara women in Kabul in March 1995: "The Northern Alliance troops went on a rampage, systematically looting whole streets and raping women." Since their return to power, Northern Alliance forces have returned to their old habits; on February 24 Boston Globe reporter David Filipov documented the widespread rape of Pashtun women in Mazar-e Sharif by Abdul Rashid Dostum's militiamen. A March 8 Human Rights Watch report documents horrific abuses of Pashtuns by Northern Alliance troops; Peter Bouckaert, senior researcher for HRW, says, "Our research found that Pashtuns throughout northern Afghanistan are facing serious abuse, including beatings, killings, rapes, and widespread looting."

Sharbat Gula, now 28 or 29, whose face, featured on the cover of National Geographic in 1985, shocked her interviewers by opining, quite categorically, "life under the Taliban was better. At least there was peace and order" (see the April National Geographic issue).

On the contrary, the founder of the Taliban, Mullah Omar, had developed his own power base within Afghanistan from 1993, acquiring a reputation as a man of high moral integrity prepared to take action to end the factional fighting, in which the abuse of women (and boys) was a staple feature. In the spring of 1994, Taliban members attacked the base of a commander in Singesar who had abducted and raped two teenage girls. They freed the girls, hanged the captain, and won widespread admiration for the deed. The Taliban's reputation soared.

You should. Do you agree that women should not be allowed to work? That girls should not be allowed to go to school/ That women cannot be treated by male doctors, even if no female doctor is available? That women should not be allowed to leave the house except in a burqa? Of course you don't. But the Taliban did.

woman can work but their are limits. And the taliban is not agianst woman education rather they ban it becuase U.S soilders like to aim their weapons in the wrong area. And putting a bunch of woman in one area will only make it easer for them.

btw, you indirectly admitted that taliban did tackle lawlessness in the area that they controlled.

In some of the area, not including Kabul. And how does not allowing male doctors to treat women (even if no female doctor is available) relate to 'lawlessness'? Womem died because of this.

since you make it sound like it is common, i want to ask you how many afghan women have died under such a situation?

wassalam,

y

since you make it sound like it is common, i want to ask you how many afghan women have died under such a situation?

One is too many, surely. I don't have the figures but it's reasonable to suppose that at any time a certain percentage of any female population requires life-saving medical intervention, and in Afghanistan most of them were denied it. What excuse can you think of for the Taliban not allowing women to be treated by male doctors? And it isn't as if there were many female doctors, and there weren't any new ones coming along because girsl were not allowed to be educated.

One is too many, surely. I don't have the figures but it's reasonable to suppose that at any time a certain percentage of any female population requires life-saving medical intervention, and in Afghanistan most of them were denied it. What excuse can you think of for the Taliban not allowing women to be treated by male doctors? And it isn't as if there were many female doctors, and there weren't any new ones coming along because girsl were not allowed to be educated.

So you don't have any evidence to support your baseless allegations. You are good at inventing baseless fairy tales to slander and frame Taliban etc. Why don't you tell us how the US regime and the israeli regime of terror persecute, intimidate, terrorize, rape, torture, murder or massacre innocent defenseless Muslim infants, toddlers, children, women, elderly people, unarmed men etc in Muslim countries? You are highly hypocritical for inventing fairy tales to frame Taliban while condoning the crimes of the US regime and the israeli regime of terror against humanity.

Do you deny that the Taliban did not allow women to be treated by male doctors?

One is too many, surely.

one is one.

I don't have the figures but it's reasonable to suppose that at any time a certain percentage of any female population requires life-saving medical intervention, and in Afghanistan most of them were denied it.

by that answer, it's also reasonable for me to think that you have, again, been brainwashed regarding this issue.

And in the health care field, officials are eager to demonstrate - contrary to reports in the West - that Afghan women have access to medical treatment, female doctors and nurses are allowed to work in hospitals and male doctors are allowed to operate on female patients.

Whatever is being said in the West is based on false reports, said Abbas Stanikzai, the vice minister of health. We have many clinics and hospitals with wards for women, and according to Islamic rules, a woman who suffers from a disease has full authority to contact a male doctor."

Volunteer doctors from abroad said women in Kabul hospitals receive about the same level of care as men.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethartford-hwp(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/archives/51/130.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethartford-hwp(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/archives/51/130.html[/url]

From the same article:

During a tour of one major hospital, however, it was difficult to ascertain how women felt. A male administrator, accompanied by a turbaned man with a notebook, insisted on standing next to a Post reporter during all interviews, and both men frequently answered questions put to female doctors, nurses and patients.

Do you deny that the Taliban did not allow women to be treated by male doctors?

The fact is you have failed to show us any concrete evidence to support all of your baseless allegations. Therefore, your allegations are baseless, nonsensical and fictitious.

From the same article:

During a tour of one major hospital, however, it was difficult to ascertain how women felt. A male administrator, accompanied by a turbaned man with a notebook, insisted on standing next to a Post reporter during all interviews, and both men frequently answered questions put to female doctors, nurses and patients.

your point? did that contradict this quote?

Volunteer doctors from abroad said women in Kabul hospitals receive about the same level of care as men.

And from the same archives:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethartford-hwp(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/archives/51/129.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethartford-hwp(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/archives/51/129.html[/url]

Perspective on Women's Plight in Afghanistan

By Hassan Hathout, M.D., Ph.D., 12 December 1996

American Muslims were saddened and shocked by the news. This is one time we hoped it was just another example of the fabricated lies against Islam and Muslims. Reports sprinted through the air waves that upon the triumphant conquest of the capital of Afghanistan, Kabul, the Afghan Tailban ordered women out of school and out of their jobs and mandated on men to grow a beard. More distressing was the news that this was announced as a fulfillment of the teachings of Islam. Perhaps if the pretext was their own vision or the special brand of their culture, the concern would have fallen under the general umbrella of human rights, as indeed is the case. But when Islam is dragged into it, Muslims in particular should be specially involved.

We feel it is our duty to defend the religion and defend its reputation, often tarnished by the Western media, but in this case, regrettably, by ill-advised Muslims. We go to great lengths educating people about what Islam really is; but in this case, we have to educate all Muslims. And it is not, as you might think, that because we are American Muslims, our Islam must have been diluted and corrupted by the vagaries of Western life. Not at all. We are indeed Islam-abiding people, fairly conservative, and are blessed with Islamic scholarship that matches any elsewhere. And we enjoy a measure of freedom in living and expressing our religion that is not available in many so-called Muslim counties, even though we have our grievances and complaints.

The Taliban must know, as we do, that the Prophet said, “The pursuit of knowledge is obligatory over every Muslim, male or female.†Muslim women attained such scholarship that they became teachers to prominent men. Islam gave women the right to mange their wealth, generate income, and issued them the right of individual, independent ownership. The whole medical corps of the Prophet's army was an all-woman corps, and in some battles women took sword and shield and joined active combat, to be later praised by the Prophet. Women participated in public affairs, and it was the wisdom of Um-Salamah, the wife of the Prophet, that diffused the crisis amongst the Muslims at the Hudaybiah treaty. Caliph Omar, the second successor to the Prophet as head of state, appointed a woman judge, Al-Shaffa, over commercial affairs. When Omar gave directives regarding the marriage dowry, it was a woman in the Masjid who stood up to correct him by quoting the Quran, only for him to say, “The woman is right and I am wrong.â€

To sweep away the pre-Islamic culture of ignorance that degraded the status of woman, Islam declared gender equality through the Prophet's words, “Women are the siblings of men.†And when we come to the ultimate universal mission of the Muslim Umma (communities), i.e. enjoining good and forbidding evil, we find the Quran assigning it equally saying, “The believing men and women are the confidants to one another; they enjoin good and forbid evil.â€

It is a competitive world and fates of nations are being decided upon their acumen of knowledge and information. We cannot afford to continue to be parasites upon other nations, whether for the tank we drive or the loaf of bread we eat every day. In this respect we cannot just inactivate one half of our human resources. In some places in the Muslim world, women (and indeed men) are suppressed and denied their basic Islamic rights, but nothing to match the Taliban's recent decrees at the doorsteps of the 21st century.

Obviously, the Taliban's military prowess far exceeds their knowledge of Islam. When they fought the Russians, they captured our hearts and we invested so much hope in them. Our dreams were shattered as they emerged from their victory killing one another. Now the Taliban emerge victorious, but certainly Islam does not. Islam requires them to heal their enmities, build their country and clean it from hatred and prejudice, for this the razor that, as the Prophet said, does not shave hair, but shaves off religion.

Dr. Hathout is the Director of Outreach at the Islamic Center of Southern California. His latest book is “Reading the Muslim Mind.†[full-text of the book is available on-line.]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethartford-hwp(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/archives/51/129.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethartford-hwp(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/archives/51/129.html[/url]

what exactly is your point by "from the same archives"? for you information, my previous article is from the Washington Post.

wassalam,

y

From the same article:

The quote does not say that women are ill-treated by Taliban. The two persons are the spokespersons. Do you want me to define the word 'spokesperson' for you? Based on your allegation, if the spokespersons of the White House are men, does it mean that women are ill-treated by the US regime in USA?

Perspective on Women's Plight in Afghanistan

By Hassan Hathout, M.D., Ph.D., 12 December 1996

American Muslims were saddened and shocked by the news. This is one time we hoped it was just another example of the fabricated lies against Islam and Muslims. Reports sprinted through the air waves that upon the triumphant conquest of the capital of Afghanistan, Kabul, the Afghan Tailban ordered women out of school and out of their jobs and mandated on men to grow a beard. More distressing was the news that this was announced as a fulfillment of the teachings of Islam. Perhaps if the pretext was their own vision or the special brand of their culture, the concern would have fallen under the general umbrella of human rights, as indeed is the case. But when Islam is dragged into it, Muslims in particular should be specially involved.

I don't see any evidence in the passage above. I ask you packham again, where are your evidence to support your baseless allegations?

You are good at inventing baseless fairy tales to slander and frame Taliban etc. Why don't you tell us how the US regime and the israeli regime of terror persecute, intimidate, terrorize, rape, torture, murder or massacre innocent defenseless Muslim infants, toddlers, children, women, elderly people, unarmed men etc in Muslim countries? You are highly hypocritical for inventing fairy tales to frame Taliban while condoning the crimes of the US regime and the israeli regime of terror against humanity.

"American Muslims were saddened and shocked by the news. This is one time we hoped it was just another example of the fabricated lies against Islam and Muslims. Reports sprinted through the air waves that upon the triumphant conquest of the capital of Afghanistan, Kabul, the Afghan Tailban ordered women out of school and out of their jobs and mandated on men to grow a beard. More distressing was the news that this was announced as a fulfillment of the teachings of Islam. Perhaps if the pretext was their own vision or the special brand of their culture, the concern would have fallen under the general umbrella of human rights, as indeed is the case. But when Islam is dragged into it, Muslims in particular should be specially involved."

your quote above is not an evidence.

wassalam,

y

what exactly is your point by "from the same archives"? for you information, my previous article is from the Washington Post.

ut you found it in the same archive that I found mine. Read the URLs.

"American Muslims were saddened and shocked by the news. This is one time we hoped it was just another example of the fabricated lies against Islam and Muslims. Reports sprinted through the air waves that upon the triumphant conquest of the capital of Afghanistan, Kabul, the Afghan Tailban ordered women out of school and out of their jobs and mandated on men to grow a beard. More distressing was the news that this was announced as a fulfillment of the teachings of Islam. Perhaps if the pretext was their own vision or the special brand of their culture, the concern would have fallen under the general umbrella of human rights, as indeed is the case. But when Islam is dragged into it, Muslims in particular should be specially involved."

Is this what you call evidence? What a joke! There is no evidence in the quote above but baseless allegations. I am sure you have no evidence to support your nonsensical allegations against Taliban. I am still waiting for your so-called 'evidence'.

The point I am arguing is that most Muslims consider that the Taliban's view of Islam is (or was when it held government - who knows what it is now) flawed. The article shows the views of at least one Muslim, and claims to speak on behalf of many others.

ut you found it in the same archive that I found mine. Read the URLs.

sure ... what conclusion can you draw from that?

wassalam,

y

The point I am arguing is that most Muslims consider that the Taliban's view of Islam is (or was when it held government - who knows what it is now) flawed. The article shows the views of at least one Muslim, and claims to speak on behalf of many others.

How can you say that (I quote your words) most Muslims consider that the Taliban's view of Islam is flawed when you don't have any evidence to support your nonsensical allegation ? It seems to me that you are slandering most of the Muslims now.

Please remember that you are the one who have invented so many nonsensical fairy tales to slander, frame and demonize Taliban so you are responsible to show me your evidence. However, you have failed to show me any evidence at all so you are a slanderer. You should be ashamed of yourself.

The article shows the views of at least one Muslim, and claims to speak on behalf of many others.

so, it's views and claim. why did you bring it here as evidence?

wassalam,

y