Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Convict

Fit

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum, Welcome to Gawaher, if your post is about being fit health wise, then brother, you have made a big generalisation by saying that most Muslims are not fit. I find the most Muslims Men and Women both are mostly fit, if you are talking about being Tip Top, then let me tell you that is not required of them.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Salaam,

whilst it was a sweeping generalisation, it has to be noticed that the countries with the highest rates of obesity are places such as Yemen, Oman, KSA etc ( (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetiotf(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/media/globalprev.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetiotf(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/media/globalprev.htm[/url]. Original statistics in Economist book of World Facts). In some instances, it is higher than 60% (the USA ranks 4th for male obesity, 10th for female).

As the Gulf states are overwhelmingly Muslim, the question can be read in context.

In my opinion, its just a cultural thing. Fat is seen as beautiful in some cultures and in cultures where men and women are both likely to wear more clothes, it is more hidden.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

we have lot of KFC , sheesh tawook , filafel , shwarma here but no exercise :sl:

Salaam,

Aha, just re-found the book (ISBN for ref: 1861977425)

Obesity defined as BMI >30

Obesity (% of total population)

Men:

1. Lebanon 36.3%

2. Qatar 34.6%

3. Panama 27.9

4. USA 27.7

5. Greece and Kuwait 27.5

7. Cyprus 26.6

8. KSA 26.4

9. UAE 25.6

10. Czech Republic 24.7

Women:

1. Qatar 45.3

2. KSA 44.0

3. UAE 39.9

4. Lebanon 38.3

5. Greece 38.1

6. Panama 36.1

7. Albania 35.6

8. Malta 35.0

9. Bahrain 34.1

10. USA 34.0

I appear to have been mistaken on the 60% figure in the first post. Apologies.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

we have lot of KFC , sheesh tawook , filafel , shwarma here but no exercise :sl:

Haha.

Convict, what do you mean by 'fit'? If you mean in terms of good looking, then what you are asking is extremely subjective.

Salaam,

Women:

1. Qatar 45.3

2. KSA 44.0

3. UAE 39.9

4. Lebanon 38.3

5. Greece 38.1

6. Panama 36.1

7. Albania 35.6

8. Malta 35.0

9. Bahrain 34.1

10. USA 34.0

yeppy! our wmn at no.3 in the world :sl: yeah thats what they have tooo much sheesh tawooks , shwarmas and filafels and like to sleep at home and drive cars only :sl:

Edited by mac111

Why are most of the muslims not fit at al?

Come to think of it, most of the world is unfit.

darla maybe obesity is common in those places you mentioned not becuase fat is seen as "cool" but because of the rich lifestyle.

darla maybe obesity is common in those places you mentioned not becuase fat is seen as "cool" but because of the rich lifestyle.

alhamdullilah percapita incomes here are one of highest in WORLD

:sl:

Worlds fattest countries (percentage of adults overweight) (aged 15 and older)

Rank Country %

1. Nauru 94.5

2. Micronesia, Federated States of 91.1

3. Cook Islands 90.9

4. Tonga 90.8

5. Niue 81.7

6. Samoa 80.4

7. Palau 78.4

8. Kuwait 74.2

9. United States 74.1

10. Kiribati 73.6

11. Dominica 71.0

12. Barbados 69.7

13. Argentina 69.4

14. Egypt 69.4

15. Malta 68.7

16. Greece 68.5

17. New Zealand 68.4

18. United Arab Emirates 68.3

19. Mexico 68.1

20. Trinidad and Tobago 67.9

21. Australia 67.4

22. Belarus 66.8

23. Chile 65.3

24. Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) 65.2

25. Seychelles 64.6

26. Bahrain 64.1

27. Andorra 63.8

28. United Kingdom 63.8

29. Saudi Arabia 63.5

30. Monaco 62.4

31. Bolivia 62.2

32. San Marino 62.1

33. Guatemala 61.2

34. Mongolia 61.2

35. Canada 61.1

36. Qatar 61.0

37. Uruguay 60.9

38. Jordan 60.5

39. Bahamas 60.4

40. Iceland 60.4

41. Nicaragua 60.4

42. Cuba 60.1

43. Germany 60.1

44. Brunei Darussalam 59.8

45. Slovenia 59.8

46. Peru 59.6

47. Vanuatu 59.6

48. Finland 58.7

49. Jamaica 57.4

Assalamu Alaikum, While rich food and eating habits do add to obesity, you have to realise that there are many instances where the metabolism of a person makes them obese too. Obesity is also connected to Diabetese and also to Low Blood Pressure, plus there are many other medical situations that make a person overweight, so please do not pass sweeping statments, you may hurt someone's feelings.

If someone is getting fat by eating, then yes they should watch their diet, the best solution is to eat the Sunnah way, i.e. 1/3 food, 1/3 liquids and one third empty for the air.

InshaAllah Allah bless us all with good health, more so Allah bless us with Emaan, ameen.

Take care, umAhmad.

being well off might help, but I would imagine it's more like the overal lifestyle combined with the cooking style.

The question is: how did they calculate that? I mean, what is the cutt-off for being overweight? I hope the standard is not movie stars.

Besides, people's bodies differ - many types of bodies can not be "fit" in the modern way that fit is concevied, that has nothing to do with what they eat or how much they excersize, it's just how God created them.

:sl: dear muslims

I doubt the Thread was intended for a serious discussion.

Most likely an attempt to make fun.

Peace

Well, I dont want to attack the KSA or nothing, but the women there dont exactly have a lot of freedom to move around (unless with a mahram)...maybe they're so "plus sized" because they're kept in the house too much? Just an ideea..

Salaam,

well, I pretty much lived off kebabs in my first year at uni and gained 1.5 stones (which I've now managed to lose)... pesky Muslim plot if you ask me, trying to make the West fat so they can take over because none of us can move. Or it's us conspiring the other way so we can invad... *ahem* ...liberate oil rich countries. (big joke!)

Would it be too much of an assertion to say that in very hot countries (ie: the Middle East) people don't want to move as much/are more tempted to travel in air conditioned cars so there's less exercise--> more obesity? I believe the obesity map of the USA shows a similar phenomenon, the states in the south tend to be fatter.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

:sl: dear muslims

more obesity? I believe the obesity map of the USA shows a similar phenomenon, the states in the south tend to be fatter.

really? Must be all that Souther Fried Chicken stuff i hear about all the time

Salaam,

well, I pretty much lived off kebabs in my first year at uni and gained 1.5 stones (which I've now managed to lose)... pesky Muslim plot if you ask me, trying to make the West fat so they can take over because none of us can move. Or it's us conspiring the other way so we can invad... *ahem* ...liberate oil rich countries. (big joke!)

Salaam

:sl: darn weve been ratted out ok brothers and sisters time for plan B :sl:

Salaam,

No, you can't have MacDonalds- it's our plan B!

Peace and Love,

DARLA

ps: We've looked at worldwide stats, does anyone have national stats? From observation, Muslims (now defined as hijaabs and beards) in Manchester don't seem any fatter than everyone else, but we are a fat city in general.

Salaam

meh :sl: you can keep your red headed clown ... lol :j: brothers and sisters head for the Colonel :sl: