Islamic Forum
Habaa

Is Diabetis An Addiction?

salam

Do you have any information about diabetis. Is it a type of addiction - addiction to sugar?

Sorry for my ignorance.

PropellerAds

there are different types of diabetes

some people have a problem with their pancreas not producing enough insulin to break down sugar and so need injections about twice a day of insulin that is child diabetes

and i dont know much about adult diabetes but it usually comes from a unhealthy way of living.

peace

:sl:

Diametis is not an addiction, its a disease

If you want more information, look it up on wikipedia

Depends on how you can it addiction. People suffering from diabetes have a stronger urge for eating sugary products.

First of all, I'm sorry, my english isn't 100% perfect and I'm not a med student to know the exact words, but I'll try to explain this.

Diabetes is not an addictionto sugar, it's a serious, but treatable disease which can appear in any age and to anyone.

There are two types of diabetes: type 1, which is a whole another thing than type 2 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes means that the lagerhense cells in the pancreas start to disappear. Those cells make insulin, which helps the body keep bloodsugars in balance. Causes to lagerhense-cells disappearing are: genetic, environment, and one type of virus which is suspected to cause diabetes. Diabetes is a serious disease and if it's not treated right, the person who has it, dies. The treatment is easy: it's taking insulin shots and checking the bloodsugars, and of course just taking care of oneself.

type 2 diabetes is completely different than type 1. Cause to type 2 diabetes is unhealthy lifestyle. In type 2 diabetes the insulin doesn't affect as it should, but the body and the lagerhense cells produce it. Why it doesn't affect as it should is because of too much fat in the body. And the treatment is different. In type 2 diabetes treatment is the lifestyle change. Usually patients have to loose weight and stop smoking/drinking etc. If this doesn't help, then the patient must take medication, which is not insulin shots, but it's tablets.

Anyways, I hope this helped you although I replyed a bit "late". :sl:

Wasalaam

:sl:

jazakllah for explaining that ebtesam .. both type 1 and type 2 diabetes runs in my family ..you can read more about it here or search it..

also fasting during ramadan is a challenge for some diabetics :sl:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetinformationaboutdiabetes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetinformationaboutdiabetes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

You don't have to be so worried, cause diabetes ain't so terrible disease :sl: And even if it runs in the family, that doesn't mean that you will have it. But you can try to avoid it, by taking good care of your health. :sl: I have it and it just means that I take insulin and take care of myself. Of course it is a shock at first, but I don't even remember what it was like to be without diabetes, I had it about 13 years ago, and I'm only 18 so.. :j:

I've been thinking about that should I fast or not, I want to, but I don't think that I will. It's too risky for me. Maybe someday I'll try. :no:

Anyways, diabetes is a serious disease, but easy to treat. The first symptoms are 1- you want to drink water all the time (because of the high bloodsugar in the body), 2- You have to go to bathroom all the time 3- You loose weight .. So if anyone of you have these symptoms,go to see a doctor. They will check your bloodsugars in the hospital and maybe run some tests.

Allahafiz :D