Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
binibaby

Something Other Than Me...

Im not v gud at long posts but i converted cos I didnt want 2 b the centre of my own universe anymore! Its pretty tiring lol tried being a christian for a long time but it didnt help the pain then discovered Islam (because i was in a muslim area tryin to convert the locals to christianity lol) and just gave it all up. It was amazing!

PropellerAds

:sl:

Wow so you seriously gave everything up and converted to Islam?

:j:

Would you mind telling us a bit more, seems interesting lol

:j: warahmatullahi wa barakaatu

Masha'Allah Alhamdulillah Allahu Akbar :sl:

Welcome to Islam sister. I'm so happy to hear that you chose the righteous path :no:

Please, do tell us a little bit more about your story insha'Allah :sl:

Barak Allahu feekum

Alhumdullilah sister, you have reverted to Islam.

Can u tell us more about story, it would be inshallaah helpful to other.

Im not v gud at long posts but i converted cos I didnt want 2 b the centre of my own universe anymore! Its pretty tiring lol tried being a christian for a long time but it didnt help the pain then discovered Islam (because i was in a muslim area tryin to convert the locals to christianity lol) and just gave it all up. It was amazing!

why ?

Masha'Allah sister, congratulations on your conversion! :sl: Alhamdulillah that Allah guided you and may He keep you and all the Muslims guided. Ameen!

why ?

Salaams,

Er feel a little bit in the spotlight now lol but i will try to answer the best i can! Well, my life was just me me me and when I was 17 ,y brother died and everythin changed for me. Even tho i was a christian all my life i hadn't ever really stopped to think about a 'bigger picture'. Isn't that odd? I left home to go to university and found myself alone in a new city, i began drinking alot (i remember having half a bottle of vodka before getting out of bed in the morning and passing out b4 my foot hit the ground) and taking drugs (E and a biy of coke from time to time) to clear my brother from my mind and hated myself for being such a hyprocrite (i was part of a christian youth club that encouraged us to have dialogue with muslims and save them lol that seems really amusin to me now he he). i tried to commit suicide one day and was devastated when it didnt work and i woke up in a hospital instead of with my brother (strangely, thats where i thought id end up) then one day a friend at uni gave me a book by ahmed deedat and very slowly my mind began to clear a little. its ALL in the dawah - this person was soft, gentle, never judgemental or 'holier than thou' and i found myself going into uni just to find her and ask more questions!!! My priorities were heaven and hell (my brother was 8 and i wanted to know if muslims would tell me the same as christians had - that he 'might' be in hell - believe me, i knew some odd peeps - not all christians are as mad as the ones i knew he he), then womens positions in Islam and then comparitive religion. It all made sense to me, the pain cleared up a little and i didnt feel so alone. It wasnt just me anymore! I took shahada alone at a local Masjid and have walked around with a spring in my step ever since. lol hope that answered the q's, sorry if parts didnt make any sense!

It makes perfect sense dear sister and above all, it is a beautiful way to come to believe in Allah and His Beloved Messenger.

I pray Allah guides you along the path and allows comfort and tranquility to descend upon your heart.

Wow a very nice story along witht a nice ending to it heh. :sl:

Alhamdoulilah Allah guided you to the right path.

I hope Islam has cleared a lot of doubts and unhappinness for ya.

Edited by Ajmal

:j:

Jazaka'Allah khayr for sharing your story sis, and yes it made sense masha'Allah. What a heart-touching way of embracing Islam :no:

May Allah continue to guide you on the righteous path. Ameen

Salaams,

Er feel a little bit in the spotlight now lol but i will try to answer...

i understand it perfectly :sl:

thank u for answering :sl:

{Moderator note}

This post violated forum rule #39. Action taken. View (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]details[/url].

Edited by freedslave

:sl: dear muslims

Alhamdulillah.

Mashallah everything has got better for you.

Im sure there are plenty of sisters here who can give advice whenever you need it.

Assalamu alaikum, Welcome to Islam, Welcome to Gawaher, I was really touched by your love for your little brother, May Allah keep him protected in the company of Angels, ameen.

I am glad you are here, InshaAllah hope to learn from you, and hopefully you will increase your knowledge about Islam from this Forum. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Would you mind telling us which part of the World you come from. I am from Montreal, Canada.

Take care, and May Allah make everyday easy for you and guide you through each day, ameen. umAhmad.

Alright, I just saw in your introduction that you are from the UK.

Edited by umAhmad

Asalaamu aleykum sister,

Subhanallah that is so beautiful ! :sl: The way you were guided to Islam!

May Allah Ta'ala continue to guide and bless you and your friend! :sl:

and ameen to baji UmAhmads Duaa about your brother,

wa asalaamu aleykum,

Hey sister firstly as salamu alaykum, i must say that i am so happy to know that you've became muslim. Congratulations for listening your heart! :sl:

why did you give up?

Well, i really dont see it as giving up. It was my new beginning and nothing has done more for me than Islam. With all the drugs and alcohol i was taking alone in my room i do think i wud b dead without it. I will always admired Christianity as the religion i was born into and and loved and i am still in touch with some of my christian friends who support my decision. So, you see, i really didn't give up at all :sl:

Assalamu alaikum, Welcome to Islam, Welcome to Gawaher, I was really touched...

{Moderator note}

This post violated forum rule #39. Action taken. View (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]details[/url].

why did you give up?

I dont see it as giving up, its like an expansion onto christianity, further explained, etc :sl:

May Allah maintain your faith, and guides you to all truth. Moreover, may he introduce some new muslims through you.

Brother Vishah

Assalmu Alakum,

I am very happy that you have become muslim and am also extremely pleased to hear that you are no longer into drugs and alcholol and do not have the want to commit suicide. Alhaduillah Islam has shown you the path of understand and of happiness!

Peace!

Assalaamalikum,

And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.

They are on (true) guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who will prosper.

Al-Qur'an, 002.004-005 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

Welcome sister.

Wassalaam.

I don't believe this person was a Christian but is and was a Muslim making up stories. What country is this person from? what university did he or she go to?

Hi JinnMartini, How do you know what you are claiming. She says she is a converted Muslim, so we accept that she is. If she is not and just posing to be one and making up stories, then it's her problem, we do not need to speculate, we take things at face value.

It does not make any difference which country and what University she went to, and she is not obligated to share that info. with us. If you are interested, then maybe you should send her a PM. and discuss it with her.

Take care, umAhmad.

Edited by umAhmad