Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nihal ahmed

Working In A Bank

Assalamalaikum,

We know that interest is a major sin in Islam. Taking or giving interest is Har'am.

So taking that fact into perspective, what does Islam say about working in banks?

Banks are like completely based on interest. Its whole foundation is based on interest. So if a Muslim is working in a bank, doesn't his salary come from the interest the bank receives? If so, then that money is total Har'am for him.

I hope someone can shed light on this matter.

Since I am in a university, lot of jobs for students here comes from banks, and so far I didn't apply to them because I wasnt sure whether it is allowed or not.

Shukhran,

Wassalam,

PropellerAds

:sl: / Greetings

Is it possible for you to find a job in an Islamic bank?

With regards to working in a non-islamic bank, here are some opinions which generally say it is permissible, as long as you do not intend to engage in contracts with ribaa, and as long as you work there just for a period of time, i.e. at least up to when you have attained some financial stability.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544116"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...d=1119503544116[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?cid=1119503543480&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaEAskTheScholar"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...aEAskTheScholar[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?cid=1119503543128&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaEAskTheScholar"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...aEAskTheScholar[/url]

I hope you'll be able to find a job that is halal, and is rewarding to you... :j:

:sl: / Greetings

Thank you for you reply and links brother freedslave...

Sadly none of the banks that offered jobs were Islamic. So i guess it would be wise not to work in a bank.

Alhamdolillah I didn't apply to those jobs!

May Allah reward you brother, and bless us all Inshallah

Wassalam

well first of all try to fnd in some other organisations because incase later if the bank makes you permanent then you will find it difficult to leave . If you dont have financial problems then you can search for job peacefully in other organisations