Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SolidSnake

Killing of a Apostate

Salaam Bro,

In a Islamic State. If one leave Islam, is he killed or is he allowed to be killed

only if you are in war with them? I heard both opinions and would like to know.

Jazaka'Allah for the answer.

PropellerAds

Walaikum Assalam!

In a Muslim State, the instructions for a murthad (apostate) is given in the following hadith:

009.083.017 - Blood Money (Ad-Diyat) - - - -

Narrated 'Abdullah

Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

However, in practice, the murthad is given three days grace period by the qadhi Judge to reconsider. If he/she does not come back to Islam, the man is killed. If it is a woman, she is not killed according to my memory. But, right now I cannot lay my hands on the exact text. Insha Allah, I shall try to locate it.

The question of being at war is a misconception. When a Muslim goes from a lighted area to darkness, he/she has rejected Allah :D, the Day of Judgement, and the Messenger. He/she has declared war on Islam.

Wassalam