Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hira (Devout)

Islamic Forums In Other Languages...

:sl:

We should have an Urdu Forum added in the islamic forums in other languages...

PropellerAds

I also put the request in "Discussing If rules" section in January, but there is no reply from dot till now.

I thought those who speak Urdu usually also speak English, am I right? because, if so, then why not use English as a common language between all members, instead of starting a new section that may end up isolating you there and so you would share less in all other sections..

Your thoughts please..

Asalam alikum,

lol, intelligent, I was thinking on same lines , and I will definately think about this if I will be admin. Yes, there is a fear of isolation of large number of urdu speaking people, this forum has three kinds of members, urdu speaking, arabic speaking and english speaking, and there is a chance that this lead to isolation of these three groups. But I think dot you need to take a chance, If Arabic forum didn't isolate arabic speaking members than I really feel that urdu speaking do deserve a chance, and second thing we have lot of good Islamic literature in urdu that should be shared using that urdu forum, and third it will also help some members to learn urdu. Now its your choice.

Good points, iftikharalam brother.

Dot Brother you should really give it a chance!

Urdu speaking members will treat Urdu Forum as they treat any other,

they won't stop going to other sections of IF.

Urdu forum will be just another section that would enhance their knowledge a bit more about Islam.

Edited by hira

Salamu alaykum,

i support Urdu forum thing since there are a lot of Urdu brothers and sisters. :sl:

Assalamu alaikum, while a Urdu Language Section in the forum might be a good idea, I have my own concerns from what I have noticed in other sections of the Forum.

For example the Blogs, there are very few active blogs, it started with so much enthusiasm, but with time it slowed down, most of the time it is because of time constraints, and I am a culprit in this matter too, I have my own personal blog, plus I have a public blog too, and not able to add to it because the regular forum is the priority, and after going through it, there is no time left for the blogs.

As for the different language section, I had reported some topics in there, but since the brothers and sisters responsible for the different languages are not there, there is no one to take care of it, it is a big responsibility to start something new, and then let it idle.

Unless there is committment from brothers and sisters that they will take the responsibility on a regular basis, and not forget the main Forum, then Alhamdulillah it could work, but if we are going to start a new section and not going to take care of it, it's better to not start something that will not continue.

Br. dot, you can understand what I am saying hopefully, you have started so many things Alhamdulillah, May Allah reward you for that, like the Quran memorizing sections, the section where New Muslims discussed about their conversion, just to name a couple, but they are just there, nothing happening, either because the members become inactive or the excitement dies down.

Please forgive me if I have said something wrong, Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.