Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nihal ahmed

Prophrt Nūḥ (alayhi-salam) Ark's Question

:sl:

I have been trying to find the answer to this question for a long time.

When prophet Nūḥ (Alayhi-Salam) was ordered by Allah(SWT) to build the ark and take with him two of each kind(male and female) of all the animals, what did he do about the fish in the sea??

Did he take all the different fish in the ark too? If he did how did he manage to make them survive in the ark for 40 night? Might he have built some kind of aquarium?

Allah(SWT) said he would destroy all flesh outside the ark. Doesn't that include all the fish as well?

I am sorta confused in this part, and hopefully someone can answer this InshAllah.

Shukhran,

Wassalam

PropellerAds

When prophet Nūḥ (Alayhi-Salam) was ordered by Allah(SWT) to build the ark and take with him two of each kind(male and female) of all the animals, what did he do about the fish in the sea??

Did he take all the different fish in the ark too? If he did how did he manage to make them survive in the ark for 40 night? Might he have built some kind of aquarium?

Allah(SWT) said he would destroy all flesh outside the ark. Doesn't that include all the fish as well?

I am sorta confused in this part, and hopefully someone can answer this InshAllah.

Shukhran,

Wassalam

I don't think/know if the Koran says, but the Bible says in Genesis 7:8 that Noah only had to take "every thing that creepeth upon the earth".

It also says in Genesis that everything that lived on dry land died during the flood. Maybe someone will find the answer in the Koran...I'm curious.

Every command has a context. If I say "kill every man", I can either mean kill every man in the room me and you are in or all the men the men on earth. The Flood was used to punish the People of Noah(pbuh), it wasn't a global flood, therefore it isn't really logical to say that it means all the animals on planet Earth. There needs to be some critical thinking involved. I don't think that even the Bible suggests that the fish were taken.

Most likely he didn't take them.

God said he'd destroy the people outside the Ark, not necessarily the fish.

PS: The Bible isn't an authority on anything.

Allah knows, but these details weren't mentioned in the Qur'an or Hadeeths, and we aren't really going to benefit from asking such questions.

Assalamu Alaikum, JazaakAllahu Khairan Words of wisdom Muslimah4Life. Indeed, who are we to speculate over something that is not mentioned in the Quran and not opened up to us by our beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam.

I have been trying to find the answer in different commenteries of the Quran, and from Ahadeeth, but no where is anything written about Fish in particular, it says about pairs of all animals. Allah Subhanaho Wa Taala is the Greatest, andhas to say be and it will be. If He wants Fish to live on land without any water, it is not impossible for him to let it happen, and if He wants all the fish dead in the purest of waters, then that can happen.

There is nothing wrong in trying to find out things, because it increases our knowledge and most of the time increases our Iman too, but when there is no clear answer from The Quran and Hadeeth to a particular issue, then it is best to accept what is written without going into unnecessary details.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Thank you brothers and sisters for your replies.

Yes I agree its right not to to speculate over something that is not mentioned in the Qur'an. I myself tried to find the answers from various sources but I couldn't. I thought maybe I was missing something.

So I guess only Allah(SWT) knows the answer. inshAllah if Allah(SWT) permits me(and all brothers and sisters) into Heaven I will ask him this question if i still remember it !

Wassalam