Islamic Forum
~mehnaz~

Learning Urdu

:sl:

Just wondering if anyone knows of any sites or free programs out there that enable one to learn Urdu?

:sl: in advance.

PropellerAds
I can give you links of some good urdu sites, but I don't think that they have such programs.

Cool, that will do, :j:. I mean i can understand a bit of it, just speaking it, is kind of a chore.

you are not allowed to post links yeturdupoint(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

you are not allowed to post links yetpehchaan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

you are not allowed to post links yettanzeem(contact admin if its a beneficial link) ( english site with e urdu magazines )

you are not allowed to post links yettarjumanulquran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

you are not allowed to post links yetjang(contact admin if its a beneficial link).pk

you are not allowed to post links yetasanquran(contact admin if its a beneficial link) (urdu translation of quran)

you are not allowed to post links yetummat(contact admin if its a beneficial link).pk

As Salamu Alaikum

Do you want practice in written or spoken Urdu?

As Salamu Alaikum

Do you want practice in written or spoken Urdu?

spoken urdu :sl: :j:

oh my.. sis mehnaz i know exactly what u mean... i can read write and understand urdu perfectly.. unfortunately when i talk i sound like a classic book... fortunately my hubby is urdu speaking.. but it was kinda hard when i was in pakistan with my dad in law :sl:

Lol, i wanna learn Urdu inshALlah, cus im Pushto, but i can barely speak dat! :sl:

For those who are also trying to learn urdu, here are some links that I'm using to :sl: help me become fluent in it.

(It's a start :j:)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_dsal.uchicago.edu/digbooks/dig_toc.html?BOOKID=PK1983.N2_1999_V1"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_dsal.uchicago.edu/digbooks/dig_toc....1983.N2_1999_V1[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yeturduword(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yeturduword(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_linguanaut(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/english_urdu"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_linguanaut(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/english_urdu[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlearningurdu(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlearningurdu(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgeocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/urdudict/index.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgeocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/urdudict/index.htm[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetapniurdu(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Dict/?setlang=ur"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetapniurdu(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Dict/?setlang=ur[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetcs.wisc.edu/~navin/india/urdu.dictionary"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetcs.wisc.edu/~navin/india/urdu.dictionary[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yeturduseek(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yeturduseek(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_biphost.spray.se/tracker/dict/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_biphost.spray.se/tracker/dict/[/url]

I didn't understand from your post if you can read urdu or not. Click aaj ka akhbaar. Once it redirects, on the left handside, under mousum, you'll find noor-e-baseerat. It's very thought-provoking. They put a new one everyday:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_nawaiwaqt(contact admin if its a beneficial link).pk/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_nawaiwaqt(contact admin if its a beneficial link).pk/[/url]

You can also go to: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/special/index.php?subsite=140&ln=urd"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/special/index.php?subsite=140&ln=urd[/url]

but it might be a bit difficult to read online.

If any sister needs further help, please feel free to contact me. I'd be more than happy to help, depending on my availability. Actually, that will help me, too, since I have to teach it ALL to my husband from scratch, :j: Anyone know of any material (offline resources) I could use for a non-native student?

:no:

Edited by ummammaar

For those who are also trying to learn urdu, here are some links that I'm using to :sl: help me become fluent in it.

(It's a start :j:)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_linguanaut(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/english_urdu"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_linguanaut(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/english_urdu[/url]

Asssalamu alaikum

JazakAllah kheir for this site, coz Meri Urdu Kharab Hai and Mujhe Urdu Ki Mashq Karni Chahiye B)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"############learningurdu######/"]############learningurdu######/[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"############geocities######/urdudict/index.htm"]############geocities######/urdudict/index.htm[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"############apniurdu######/Dict/?setlang=ur"]############apniurdu######/Dict/?setlang=ur[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"############cs.wisc.edu/~navin/india/urdu.dictionary"]############cs.wisc.edu/~navin/india/urdu.dictionary[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"############urduseek######"]############urduseek######[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"######biphost.spray.se/tracker/dict/"]######biphost.spray.se/tracker/dict/[/url]

:j:

thank you so much sister for these helpful links :sl:

didn't have time to study them yet, but they seem to be very good :)

If any sister needs further help, please feel free to contact me. I'd be more than happy to help, depending on my availability. Actually, that will help me, too, since I have to teach it ALL to my husband from scratch, :D Anyone know of any material (offline resources) I could use for a non-native student?

:D

:no:

I am non-native speaker, i just started learning urdu.I can proudly say I learnt to read and write by myself :D

If i'll need some help, hope I can find some answers from you :D

Hope u seccede with teaching your husband, may seem like a difficult task but I'm sure Allah is with you, easing your job.

May you have the necessary patience, and hope to get some help if i need it.

:D

May Allah make it easy for you Aamina sis,ameen. :D

Take your pick,soo many links to choose from. :j:

Urdu is my mother tongue aswell. :no:

I'm from Pakistan, but don't know Urdu that well since I was not born there. I want to learn my language. Urdu is a really good language!