Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
idefender

Was Islam Spread By The Sword

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of Allah (God Almighty) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament

Recitation of Sura Fathiha by Shiekh Saad Al-Ghamdhi of Saudi Arabia

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au[/url]

&&

If following Islam properly means fightin wars that have nothing to do with you.....

quran.gif

chapter 3. Surah Imran

Say (O Muhammad SAW):

"O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you,

that we worship none but Allâh, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allâh[11].

Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims." 3:64

The Examined One

Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice [60.8]

The Women

O you who beljeve! be maintainers of justice, bearers of witness of Allah's sake, though it may be against your own selves or (your) parents or near relatives; if he be rich or poor, Allah is nearer to them both in compassion; therefore do not follow (your) low desires, lest you deviate; and if you swerve or turn aside, then surely Allah is aware of what you do.[4.135]

which verse u found wrong or unethiclal ? Did u ever read Quran ?

Edited by bluesky

PropellerAds
So if a person's family is attacked, then the individual shouldn't get involved because they personally were not harmed?

Or, if New York was attacked in 9/11, then the entire U.S army shouldn't get involved (and should instead leave it to the NYPD to capture the perpetrators)?

Thirdly, what do you think will happen if the pope was attacked by a group of Muslims? Do you think the entire Christian kingdom will sit around and wait for it to blow over?

According to the west, we shouldn't defend Muslims who are being oppressed. However, when one commits heinous acts, we are all responsible for it. Yeah, that makes all the sense in the world.

So what did the the chatholics do when a muslim shot pope john paul II?

No riots.

No revenge attacks.

No burning of Masjids.

If it didnt blow over wot did happen?

Salaam

I feel saddened that people put word in my mouth like:

It is not love for this world that prevents a Muslim from killing innocent human beings. It is fear of severe repercussions in the hereafter. I have absolute belief in Jihad, but let's not confuse Jihad with random attacks against children, women, Muslims, and innocent people in general.

To declare an unprovoked holy war against the world would never accomplish anything except death and destruction. But to defend your religion--with your words, and your actions--is Jihad.

Listen Up. Where have I ever advocated fighting against non-muslims that are peaceful? I only advocate that we fight against combatants who are killing muslims (and non muslims) around the world like chechnya etc. I do not want a "worldwide" war. That is unislamic and most destructive for world security. I'm only saying we should opress the opressors and stop them from killing innocent beings.

I think that, instead of having thousands of Muslim soldiers around the world to declare Jihad against the entire non-Muslim world, it would be more beneficial to contribute money, food, and clothes to those who are suffering, especially the orphans.

If you knew anything about the chechen conflict for example, you would know this is not a possibility. The only way to really help the chechens is to join and fight physically.

If following Islam properly means fightin wars that have nothing to do with you

Should I only care about my own self?

Besides, have any of you ever thought about how stupid that idea is, that muslims must fight on behalf of all other Muslims, until they are the masters of whatever area the dwell in? Perhaps we should start saying that, that we are invading the Middle East to come to the defence of the Christians who live there as second class citizens. We should invade egypt and set up a christian theocracy, and we should firebomb Iran to install an Archbishop instead of an Ayatollah...

I am a strong believer in democracy...........

Anyways to get back on topic, as I've said before, yes Islam was spread by the sword unlawfully sometimes, and I dissagree with that because the Qur'an tells us to NOT fight those that do not fight us first. Clearly the muslims who embarked on campaigns of senseless conquest did it for the love of money and power than for the sake of Allah(swt).

Peace

Listen Up. Where have I ever advocated fighting against non-muslims that are peaceful? I only advocate that we fight against combatants who are killing muslims (and non muslims) around the world like chechnya etc. I do not want a "worldwide" war. That is unislamic and most destructive for world security. I'm only saying we should opress the opressors and stop them from killing innocent beings.

Asalamu Alaikum

My first post was simply a refutation of the popular western belief that all Muslims are violent people. I remarked: Proof of that? I follow Islam's teachings and I don't exactly hold a sword in my hand. Neither do the countless number of Muslims I've met throughout my life.

You mistook this to mean that I was against Jihad (I'm sure anyone else would have come to that assumption, as it was obviously a poor choice of words on my part). The "sword in hand" does not mean Jihad, it simply means acts of violence on every day basis, be it in Muslim countries, or in western countries.

I have no idea why you would take my post as a personal attack against you, when all I did was defend my position on the issue.

So no, I never put any words in your mouth. It was nothing more than a misunderstanding.

If you knew anything about the chechen conflict for example, you would know this is not a possibility. The only way to really help the chechens is to join and fight physically.

I was not talking about chechnya in particular. It is not the only place where Muslims need aid. I meant globally. In fact, right now as I write this, I'm trying to figure out a way to send money to orphans and homeless people in Somalia. If all Muslims did this instead of sitting around,

pondering whether or not to go fight in a war, I'm sure that we could actually make progress.

So what did the the chatholics do when a muslim shot pope john paul II?

No riots.

No revenge attacks.

No burning of Masjids.

If it didnt blow over wot did happen?

It's convenient how you leave out some very important details. Firstly, this happened in 1981. The world wasn't as bloodthirsty for Muslim blood as they are now. Secondly, the man was nabbed by Turkish officials. If they had protected him, I'm sure that Christians would have been singing an altogether different tune.

Now tell me, what do you think will happen if the pope was attacked? The west is just itching for an excuse to do away with more Muslims/Arabs, and they most definitely will not let it slide this time around.

The fact that you even typed this post proves that you are not in fact in Chechenya fighting with them. If I may ask, why not? Why are you calling for Muslim's to go fight when you yourself are not doing it?

When the pope was shot by a muslim in the 80's, there was little to no reaction. Were it to happen nowadays, there would be an explosion against the muslim world. It's true that the citizens of the world are beginning to dislike and fear Muslims, hell, I know I am...

But who's fault do you think that is...

When the pope was shot by a muslim in the 80's, there was little to no reaction. Were it to happen nowadays, there would be an explosion against the muslim world. It's true that the citizens of the world are beginning to dislike and fear Muslims, hell, I know I am...

But who's fault do you think that is...

Thank you for agreeing with my point. Though your response was most likely intended to offend, it actually serves to prove what I've said.

I'm beginning to dislike bigots. Hmm, I sure wonder whose fault that is.

well not the muslims fault, fair play we have some bad eggs but it works both ways, its just that the media for some reason is always centering on muslims like there aint anything else going on which makes a lot of people prejudice, how many people do you know who use a tabloid as the primary source of info for religion?

and why do you lot keep on talking about an explosion against the muslims or a backlash against the muslims? have you ever thought what you'd do if the muslims had a backlash against anyone looking for beef?

in either case, i wouldnt want to see the end result so please save the hard talk

Peace

The fact that you even typed this post proves that you are not in fact in Chechenya fighting with them. If I may ask, why not? Why are you calling for Muslim's to go fight when you yourself are not doing it?

As i've mentioned before I said I am weak too, just like the majority of the ummah. We have love for this life and hatred of death.

And for your information I did contact a deputy minister of chechnya (owner of kavkazcenter(contact admin if its a beneficial link)) and I have also contacted nizam online chechen tv station, but they said they can only accept money donations, not physical help. So, just my luck, but i'll keep trying that's for sure.

Peace

Edited by anthony19832005

Thank you for agreeing with my point. Though your response was most likely intended to offend, it actually serves to prove what I've said.

I'm beginning to dislike bigots. Hmm, I sure wonder whose fault that is.

Bigots, I assume. The thing I'm trying to say is that Jihadist fundamentalists and the Bigots who match their madness on the other side are seriously needing a good stomping. From both our societies, ya dig?

That talk about the explosion wasn't a threat, or me trying to sound tough their moody, it was a statement of fact. And don't tell me you all can;t see some serious conflict coming up in the near future. The madmen are running the show all over the place, and they need to be reined in...