Islamic Forum
Mali

Male Awrah

Assalamu alaikum my dear brothers and sisters in Islam.

Does the awrah of a male include the navel and the knees? I have been informed that at all times the area between the navel and the knee must be covered, however im confused whether the navel (and the knees) itself is included in the awrah. I ask because i have seen many muslim men without a top (working in the fields or swimming for example) and the navel is showing!

It seems like it the the area between the navel and the knees that need covered, such a 3/4 swimming trunks that start from just below the navel, but I would like some clarification on this. I wish to go swimming soon and want to know how much need to be covered.

Please advise,

Your brother in Islam,

Salam

PropellerAds

:sl:

Too hard for a layman. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]Sunnipath[/url] is your friend in this case.

Well I don't know about the navel but I am pretty sure that your knees(preferably 3/4 of your legs) should be covered at all times. And since your knees should be covered I think navel should be too.

Hope you bro's/sis's can clarify about the navel part. inshAllah.

Wassalam

Assalamu Alaikum, the Awrah for males includes the Knees and the Navel meaning whatever they wear should go below the knees and above the navel. Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

In the Hanafi madhhab:

Question: Are men allowed to wear shorts?

I am a member of a sports club, which plays indoor games in a gymnasium. Only men are members of this club and hence only men play in the gymnasium at any given time. In this circumstance am I allowed to wear shorts during the course of my play?

Answer:

According to the Hanafi Madhab, the Satar for males (those parts of the body

which must be covered) is from the navel uptil the knees, excluding the

navel itself and including the knees. (Bahrur raaiq vol.8 pg.192)

This means that it is not permissible for a man to expose his knees or

thighs or to look at the knees or thighs or to look at the knees or thighs

of another male. In such circumstances, it will be permissible to wear such

shorts which hang below and comfortably cover the knees.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=6303"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=6303[/url]