Islamic Forum
velvetxfluid

Trouble With My Fetus And His Heart

asalamualaikum,

i am 18 years old and currnetly pregnant with my second child, ive gotten my usual tests done and found out i have a boy. i was reffered to another doctor to get an echo fer my unborn sons heart, because it appeared to him that there was something wrong. so last month i went to my appoinment for the fetal echo and after an hour of examination he tells me i have a baby with only half of his heart. the left side of his heart is completley absent...and he will not survive outside of the womb. when the time comes fer me to have him he will die, now sitting inside of me hes living off of my heart. hes not growing properly and right now hes only 8 mos. and one kilo. ive had a very trooubled 3 mos. with marital and family problems and i live in a country too much fer me to handle. i now have high blood pressure from the strange pregnancy and gotten the virus 5 times. the doctors wont help. i put my trust in god to help me get thru this. but i live around very cruel people who constantly torture me with their vile words. so sometimes i need an extra dua to help me move on. thats why im mentioning this, so someone out there can say a dua for me and help me just move on....jazakallahu khairan

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum sister,

I'm very sorry to hear that your fetus has this condition. I have a friend who had the same issue going on with her fetus and unfortunately, after carrying the baby to term the cardiologists operated on her little girl and she survived a month and then died. My friend was diagnosed at 22 weeks and given the option to abort in the US. She did an istikhara and decided that she would carry the baby to term.

The condition is really called "hypoplastic left heart syndrome", in which the left ventricle, the heart's main pumping chamber, stops growing and becomes scarred and useless. Such babies are, in essence, born with half a heart. If you carry this baby to term, (in the US, mothers are given the option to abort because the illness is usually fatal) the newborn will need a series of 3 or 4 surgeries, with the first being the most crucial.

"Treatment requires extreme measures: three heart operations, with a 30 percent death rate and a total cost of at least half a million dollars. Even when the surgery works, the heart is still far from normal, and survivors may ultimately need transplants."

This is no doubt a test from Allah the Almighty and I ask you to bear it with patience. May your patience through it become an atonement for your sins and cleanse you completely. InshaAllah, your son will survive but I tell you in advance, the odds are not so great.

I recommend that you make a lot of duaa and ask that He makes whatever is best happen for you and your child. It's a painful course to watch little ones go through surgeries and/or pass away. (I have lost 3 and delivered to at only 22 weeks) So i understand the pain of loss.

I'm hoping you are in a country where your baby can get a chance at the proper medical attention for this condition since you have carried him nearly to term.

Hang in there and may Allah taala give you great strength and heal your baby's heart.

I don't have any specific duaas.. but I am making duaas for you now and do a lot of istighfaar and make as much duaa as you can.

Peace n blessings.

Salaam Sister,

I feel for you, may Allah (swt) guide you in the right direction in this difficult time.

ashkurkum. thanku fer putting me in ur duas. yes im aware of the conditon ive researched it too. but unfortunatly i live in a country were they can do no surgerys and i personally have no insurance and i so deeply wish i was in america right now...i have insurance there but my husband is very stubborn and wants to stay in palistine

Assalamu Alaikum, My heart goes out to you, You are in my duaas, and will be, please keep in touch through the sister's room.

As for being in America, listen sweetheart, no matter where you live, what has to happen will happen, I live in Canada and have lost a child, as Muslims we believe that these children who die at birth or in the tender age before they mature, they will be n Jannah and as long as the parents have Emaan and bear the loss of theie children with Patience, these children will pull the parents, specially the mothers into Paradise with them, which is eternal.

You say you have put yout trust in Allah, inshaAllah Allah will do the best for you, and sometimes things happen in a way that temporarily we get shaken up and upset, but believe me in the not to long future, we will understand what was the Wisdom behind what happened.

May Allah bless you with goodness and grant you Patience and make things easy for you, ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Salam alaykum,

dear sister, that's your test in this world. Please be patient for what you've been facing and make duaa and leave all your fears behind and trust in Allah. He is the most merciful. He will help you sooner or later. Inshallah there happens a miracle and your baby boy can rescue. I love you sis, dont worry about bad things, they'll all come and pass so fast. You're only 18.

May Allah make it easy for you.

:sl:

Some very helpful posts, nothing more i can really add, but stay strong sister. You're in our Du'as

Assalamo Alaykom dear sister.

May Allah swt protect the unborn baby and help him with a miracle, so he will survive and live long and happy life, ameen.

Take care sister and remember that you have sisters who love you and are always there for you. :sl:

Wa Salaam

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Remember, that there is always a wisdom behind everything. Be patient.

Don't neglect Akhira in all such situations, because you may find the reason for all these situations in Akhira.

Remember, that Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala knows who is going to die and who is going to live.

Remember, that Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala knows what is best for you.

Oppression is darkness on the day of judgment. If people treat you badly and practice verbal abuse then this is not unnoticed, because Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is the All-Knower.

Remember, the settlement of account is on the day of judgment and then you will not be wronged.

Remember, even those who are bad in your du'aa and try to eliminated hatred from your heart as much as possible.

Imam Al Shafi'ee or Hasan al Basri raheematullah once was informed that a brother talked ill about him. The scholar went with a basket of fruits to the house of the person and gave him the basket of fruit as a present saying: "I heard that you gave me some of your good deed and I had no idea how to thank you for that, except giving you this gift."

assalamulaikum,

my son was born at 40 wks and was 2 kilos and 950 grams...beautiful angel he was with subhanallah half a heart...he was born the 21 of october at 10 in the morning. and died the next day at 10 at night. hes my angel in heaven waiting for me and i accept wat god did for me.....alhamdulillah

everything that goin on have pro and cons, u can say wat had happen is just a test from HIm whether u will blame Him or not. bear in mind, if we blame we could fail the test..but InsyaAllah, He love ur son, and ur son will help u to succeed in hereafter,this u should thankful...wat had happen from surronding, sometime we cannot change, only our instict, whether we can cope or not..just doa a lot.

Assalamu alaikum sister,

I'm so proud of how you are handling this. May Allah taala make this an atonement for your sins and reward you immensely. InshaAllah you will meet him in Jannah.

May Allah swt reward you for your sabr, dear sis. Ameen! :sl:

you are one of the strongest people. i am proud of you and how you are handleing it is un-comparabel. even a grown man would not be as strong as you are right now.

i will pray for you sister, be strong.

You've a great deal of sabr dear sister, keep strong even though it's okay to cry and let it all go. It's nobody's fault, there's nothing you could've done to cause it nor prevent it. Stay well. Take it day by day and one step at a time.