Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Elidicious

-- Evil --

Hi,

Hoping you won't call it a dangerous topic, i wanted to know if SATAN really exists(cuz i don't believe he actually does). which means...

1-does he really exist just like there's God?

2-or SATAN is just a way to make people get away from bad habits?(just like children are afraid of any horror figure they've watched on the movie and they're "threatened" if they don't eat the meal..)

3-When did SATAN become "popular"?

4-Is he self-created?(just like God)

5-Why SATAN was called an "evil"? just because he refused God?

6-I know religious people believe in SATAN, what about Atheists or non- religion people?

7-Is he in the sky or is he around us?

8-and please tell me different Religions' point of view on SATAN.

Edited by Elidicious

PropellerAds
Salaams peeps,

You mean Satan?

Peace

yeah....:sl: isn't it the same? :sl:

Edited by Elidicious

[/color]

AHHHH MY EYES!

Hmm by evil I think yu mean the big red guy with horns but ill address the concept of 'evil' itself. Behind just about any theist (including buddhists and contemporary atheists) there is a believe of evil. Weird eh?

Id say the one universal definition of evil is an action done w/o a conceiveable purpose to the observer.

Lets use the example of a druggie. To any theist, he is wasting his life and addiction. The action to them is evil. To an atheist, he is wasting potential so it is also evil in their eyes.

Even the big red guy follows the forumla. Satan knew God (God representing wisdom, compasion, love) yet chose to turn away. For the Abrahamic religions, what God is is what they feel makes you happy and complete in life so turning away for a fiery pit of eternal torture makes no sense.

The definition may also be the reason why there is conflict of religious beliefs. A hindu would be perfectly happy worshipping w/e as they believe 'Ekam Sat' (all is one) but to a muslim only Allah is the granter of salvation so to them, the actions of a hindu are w/o purpose and thus evil.

You can try a little expirement. Tell someone about a person who is doing something evil and theyll usually yell out "WHY?!".

All this is the reason for justification, to avoid being branded evil :sl:

oK. I edited my post and turned it into Satan. and i noticed the difference. :sl:

Edited by Elidicious

Peace,

I consider Satan/Evil both to be human constructs to describe things they think others shouldn't be doing.

Peace,

I consider Satan/Evil both to be human constructs to describe things they think others shouldn't be doing.

ok.

if there's "+" why not be "-"?

2-or SATAN is just a way to make people get away from bad habits?(just like children are afraid of any horror figure they've watched on the movie and they're "threatened" if they don't eat the meal..)

That's It. :sl:

Just right after God

he's around us, God is in the sky. that's why there's more bad people than good ones, lol.

Yes, i think. why not?

6-I know religious people believe in SATAN, what about Atheists or non- religion people?

I don't believe nor in Evil, nor in God/

Some people believe in God and not Satan....but I think everyone who follows Islam or Christianity or any of the other popular ones believes in Satan...it's in their holy books after all.

Some people believe in God and not Satan....but I think everyone who follows Islam or Christianity or any of the other popular ones believes in Satan...it's in their holy books after all.

True.

Hi,

Hoping you won't call it a dangerous topic, i wanted to know if SATAN really exists(cuz i don't believe he actually does). which means...

Yes, he does exist.

No.

Since man fell from Paradise.

No, he is not Eternal like God. Satan was created by God.

Yes, he became haughty and refused to obey one of God's command, although previously he was in the company of the Angels.

He is on Earth. His minions are around us, they are also Satans.

In Islam he is a being who can make choices just like humans, he can choose to obey God or disobey him, unlike Angels who can't disobey God.

In Judaism he is an Angel who tests for God, in Judaism he has no free will.

In Christianity he is a fallen Angel, which if we look at Judaism would be impossible since Angels don't have free will, but nonetheless he was an Angel who disobeyed God and took some other Angels with him. (I'm not sure if this is exactly how it goes, all I'm sure about is the Islamic and Judaic concept).

Since man fell from Paradise.
what do you mean?

No, he is not Eternal like God. Satan was created by God.
:sl: really? mmm...then if Satan was created by God(just like we're created by God) why doesn't God make him die?

and why God chose to create him in the first place?

although previously he was in the company of the Angels.
why was he in their company?

He is on Earth.

what about God? where is he?

what do you mean?

Since Adam(pbuh) sinned and got on Earth since then Satan has been very popular.

:sl: really? mmm...then if Satan was created by God(just like we're created by God) why doesn't God make him die?

and why God chose to create him in the first place?

Satan will die, in fact everything will be destroyed by God before the Day of Judgement, from Angels to the Satans. Satan will be ressurected on the Day of Judgement and will go to Hell. God creates as He wills.

why was he in their company?

He was a servant of God.

what about God? where is he?

The Sovereign One is above the Heavens in a manner which is beneficient to Him.

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz

Satan will be ressurected on the Day of Judgement and will go to Hell.

then why not do it faster than the day of judgement?

or only he knows why....?

Edited by Elidicious

then why not do it faster then the day of judgement?

or only he knows why....?

God has granted respite for Satan 'til the Day of Judgement.

A long, long time ago, Iblis (Satan) was one of God's best creation. He was obedient and God-serving, to the point where his status and rank was as elevated as the angels. Iblis was from a different creation called Jinn, who have free choice as we human beings do. Then God created man.

26. We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape;

27. And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching wind.

28. Behold! thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man, from sounding clay from mud moulded into shape;

29. "When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."

Then God ordered the Angels and Iblis (who was among them) to bow down to Adam, the human.

30. So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together:

31. Not so Iblis: he refused to be among those who prostrated themselves.

32. ((Allah)) said: "O Iblis! what is your reason for not being among those who prostrated themselves?"

33. (Iblis) said: "I am not one to prostrate myself to man, whom Thou didst create from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape."

Then God rejected Iblis for his disobedience, but Iblis pleaded with God to give him until the day of judgement before he would be punished.

34. ((Allah)) said: "Then get thee out from here; for thou art rejected, accursed.

35. "And the curse shall be on thee till the day of Judgment."

36. (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised."

37. ((Allah)) said: "Respite is granted thee

38. "Till the Day of the Time appointed."

39. (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! because Thou hast put me in the wrong, I will make (wrong) fair-seeming to them on the earth, and I will put them all in the wrong,-

40. "Except Thy servants among them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."

[surah 15]

Salam.

Answer:

YES, he exists just as God does!

Answer:

He is not "Just" a way to make people get away from bad habits. He truly encourages bad habits.

Answer:

Popular.. I don't know if I'd call him popular. However, I think he became infamous when he was too arrogant to bow down to Adam Alahee alsalaam, as God commanded him.

Answer:

NO, satan does not have that power. He is a creation.

Answer:

He transgressed by refusing to bow down to Adam Alaihee alsalaam. He said, "HOW can I bow down to a human created from baked clay, when I am created from a smokeless flame of fire," assuming that he was somehow better as a result. Arrogance is a huge sin in the sight of God.

Can't answer that one!

Answer:

Satan is around us and in the sky but he has been prohibited from entering the heavens. Shooting stars burn those devils who try to listen and find out information about the unseen from the heavens.

Satan is the King of the devils. There are MANY MANY everywhere. If you've heard of jinns, devils are the BAD, deviating jinns and they hover around us all the time, whispering in our ears, and encouraging us to sin.

Satan is damned to hell and requested from God to be granted respite until Judgement Day. He knows his end but wishes to bring all those he's capable of bringing down with him.

[/color]

LOL.

I have to rectify a "mistake" of mine. When I said Satan is popular among humans, I meant that people fall prey to him easily, not that he is a superstar or anything of that sort.

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz

LOL.

I have to rectify a "mistake" of mine. When I said Satan is popular among humans, I meant that people fall prey to him easily, not that he is a superstar or anything of that sort.

I dunno ever see how many ppl show up to KISS concerts?:sl: