Islamic Forum
world_footy_Gunner_laDy

Arsenal F.c

who are we?

Arsenal Football Club (also known as Arsenal, The Arsenal or The Gunners) are an English professional football club based in Holloway, north London. They play in the Premier League and are one of the most successful clubs in English football. Arsenal have won thirteen First Division and Premier League titles, ten FA Cups and in 2005–06 became the first London club to reach the UEFA Champions League final. Arsenal are also members of the G-14 group of leading European football clubs.

Arsenal were founded in 1886, in Woolwich, south-east London, but in 1913 they moved north across the city to Arsenal Stadium, Highbury. In May 2006 they left Highbury, moving to their current home, the Emirates Stadium in nearby Ashburton Grove, Holloway. Arsenal have a long-standing and fierce rivalry with neighbours Tottenham Hotspur, located four miles away in Tottenham, with whom they have contested the North London derby almost every season since 1913.

I love them soooo much :sl:

Gooner (nickname given 2 fans)

and Gunner (nickname given 2 players)

PropellerAds

What does Arsenal mean?

An arsenal is an establishment for the construction, repair, receipt, storage and issue of weapons and ammunition.

WHY ARE WE CALLED GUNNERS?

...(expalins my forum name lol)

The Gunners is a nickname for Arsenal FC, a London football team (which was originally founded by workers at the Woolwich Arsenal). It is also the nickname for the Edinburgh rugby team.

see...who sed u dont learn something new everyday!?

Lehmann agrees one-year contract with Arsenal

The Associated PressPublished: April 27, 2007

LONDON: Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann extended his contract by one year on Friday.

The 37-year-old German international joined Arsenal in 2003 from German club Borussia Dortmund and his contract was to expire at the end of this season.

Lehmann had wanted a two-year deal, but Arsenal only gives senior players yearly extensions to their contracts.

"Lehmann has extended for one year," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said Friday. "He is a 100 percent professional. He gives something to the team as well in the dressing room if it is needed and I think he had a decent season this season."

Wenger hinted at a possible promotion for Manuel Almunia as well. Almunia, the Gunners' No. 2 goalkeeper, played in Arsenal's League Cup run this season, which ended in a 2-1 loss to Chelsea in the final.

Today in Sports

NFL: Draft is more than a tale of 2 star quarterbacksCricket: Sri Lanka hopes to repeat '96 World Cup upsetOlympics: China is ready to hold the Olympic torch relay without Taiwan

"I see Jens as a top class goalkeeper and Almunia as a top class goalkeeper," Wenger said. "So it will be a battle at some stage because Almunia has improved tremendously.

"Jens is trying everyday to make life difficult for those who compete with him. That is very good because it makes those who are competing with him improve as well."

MY GOAL KEEPER IS STAYIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG

GG

and umm i need 2 keep revising

Baptista promises to improve for Arsenal - Underperforming Reyes hopes to remain in Spain

THE BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

FROM REAL MADRID

Julio Baptista has vowed to show Arsenal fans the kind of form that made him one of the hottest properties in Spain two years ago, if the Gunners make his move to London permanent at the end of the season.

The £13.8million-rated striker has swapped places with Jose Antonio Reyes, whose complaints about being homesick in England he seemed to echo in comments attributed to him last week. But in an exclusive interview with The Independent, Baptista said: "I've never said that I wanted a second chance with Madrid. Neither did I say that I hated London or Arsenal. If I stay here next season I'm sure with Arsène Wenger I will develop and get better as a player and not missing the pre-season with an injury like the one I had at the start of this season will also help me."

Gunners fans were rubbing their hands back in August at the prospect of "The Beast", as he is nicknamed in Spain, terrorising Premiership defences. But they may have been left wondering if the Baptista they have seen might not be the same player who racked up 50 goals in two seasons at Seville, combining the touch of a Brazilian with the brute force of an old-fashioned battering ram centre-forward.

Baptista believes the upheaval of a second summer on the move has affected his form. But he vehemently denies accusations that he is sloping towards the Arsenal exit without really giving it his best shot.

He says: "I am not approaching things the way Reyes did. I'm not criticising him because everybody is different. But things here don't make me unhappy, completely the opposite. London has everything you could want.

"His case was different. It's been a difficult move for me but that is more to do with the fact that I have been through two seasons of changing clubs. I went from Seville to Madrid and then to Arsenal."

An early-season injury and the big differences between Spain and the Premiership have also contributed to an unspectacular first season. He said: "It is a hard league and I arrived injured. I spent three weeks in Brazil recuperating. I found it tough at first but now I am playing more.

"Now I can compete. This football is very intense, very fast and very aggressive. Here you don't get even a second to think. If you are not 100 per cent fit then you have no part to play. That is what happened to me when I arrived."

One of the biggest culture shocks for Baptista has been the differences in refereeing. "They play hard but fair," he says. "It is difficult for someone to be sent off for a foul. If you get sent off it's more likely to be for dissent. The referees let the game flow much more than in Spain. Sometimes I have stopped and I have had to start running again because the referee has not blown."

Baptista is also mastering English, something Reyes never came close to doing. He adds: "My team-mates have helped me enormously. I am having regular classes and I insist that Phillip Senderos, who speaks about five languages, always speaks to me in English. I am studying very hard - I am gradually understanding more and more. Everything comes together."

And any communication problems Bapitsta might be having don't extend to the Arsenal manager. "Wenger spoke with me when I recovered from injury," he said. "He explained that I would need time to adapt. That I was to be patient and that when I got back to my peak I would play and he has kept to his word."

The Gunners manager has also played Baptista in the position he favoured at Seville. "They valued me as a second striker and I had two spectacular years there," he says. "At Real Madrid I was played as a holding midfielder or out wide on the left. But at Arsenal I play in my proper position."

All that remains now is for Wenger to rubber stamp Baptista's permanent move. "I have three years left on my contract at Real Madrid and I am on-loan at Arsenal - they are two great clubs," he says. "It would be wrong of me to say I didn't want to be at either. I just want my future sorted out and if I stay at Arsenal then hopefully I can show the fans my very best form. If I can be lucky and avoid injury then I hope I can get back to the way I played for Seville."

Julio Baptista's permanent move to Arsenal depends partly on the Spanish winger Jose Antonio Reyes, right, moving in the other direction to Real Madrid. But the Spaniards have baulked at Arsenal's £16m valuation after the winger's indifferent season at the Bernabeu.

Reyes has started just 14 games in La Liga and one in the Champions League and has scored four goals (three in the league and one in Europe) and has dropped out of the Spain squad in the process.

The winger has seven games left this season to prove himself at Madrid but with Real now just two points off the league leaders and rivals Barcelona, he finds himself regularly sitting on the substitutes' bench at the weekends.

One thing is for sure, Reyes is not keen on a move back to Arsenal. "I wouldn't like to go back to London," Reyes told a news conference. "If I can't stay at Real Madrid I hope I can go to another club in Spain, but I'm not intending to go back to London.

"It's not that playing for Arsenal was a disagreeable experience, but I didn't like the climate after being in Spain."

:sl:

One word...............CLASS!

[iframe]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetworldcupjapankorea(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/free-soccer-wallpapers/arsenal-henry-wallpaper.jpg[i'm not allowed to use this tag yet]

Edited by IBowOnly2Allah

Hey.:sl: where is Robin then??

robin van persie?

:j:

Why here he is Sis.........................

[iframe]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_cimg.163(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/photo/0005/2005-08-22/1RNQAD7900D80005.jpg[i'm not allowed to use this tag yet]

Edited by IBowOnly2Allah

i love this video because i remember walking through that tunnel when i went 2 a stadium tour

it was..it IS beauuuuutttttiiiiiful

i remeber this feeling walking through it...unexplainable

anyway obviously no crowd but i imagined this ROARING crowd all chantin ARSENALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

!!!!!!

And also imagined walking out the tunnel with a fit (uninjured...not the way to desribe..agh forget it lol)Robin Van Persie

MY GOAL KEEPER IS STAYIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG

GG

and umm i need 2 keep revising

lolllll :sl:

Oh no, how unlucky..is Henry up for it?

Oh no, how unlucky..is Henry up for it?

henry was ruled out of the netier season 2months ago!

and van persie was ruled out 4 da entire season since Jan

thats y we arnt doin so well

we have had loads of injuires dis season....too many

Assalamu Alaikum :sl:

Yup its all about the Gunners :sl:

I'v heard that Robin van persie, Toure and some others are muslims. Anyone else hear about this?

even tho i dont support Arsnal...after reading like EVERY singe word and watching both vids..i conclude....U R SO COOL SIS! tht Henry vid was sik, but what i found annoying is that i rarely see propa moves like that in footy games, most of the time, they mess, up, SO annoying, but i was SO HAPPY when France won England in the World cup a while back (sorry, i suppory France over England for some reason :sl:)

salam anywayz, am off, its getting late lol...2:03am :sl:

Hey, who said we support England here you must be having laugh lmaoooo! Tell him Hamida lol omg!

henry was ruled out of the netier season 2months ago!

and van persie was ruled out 4 da entire season since Jan

thats y we arnt doin so well

we have had loads of injuires dis season....too many

I see...so thats why :sl:

i heard rumours in indonesia that henry going to inter next season..:sl:

Assalamu Alaikum :sl:

Yup its all about the Gunners :sl:

I'v heard that Robin van persie, Toure and some others are muslims. Anyone else hear about this?

yes there was...IS a whole thread sumwhere here dedicated 2 my Van Persie loool

inshallah he is muslim

but Toure is 4 sure

even tho i dont support Arsnal...after reading like EVERY singe word and watching both vids..i conclude....U R SO COOL SIS! tht Henry vid was sik, but what i found annoying is that i rarely see propa moves like that in footy games, most of the time, they mess, up, SO annoying, but i was SO HAPPY when France won England in the World cup a while back (sorry, i suppory France over England for some reason :sl:)

salam anywayz, am off, its getting late lol...2:03am :j:

am so glad u think im cool...dnt get me wrong Arsenal are coolER lol

yea u onli see speacial moves if ure lucky ive seen quite a few actuallyy

Lol ENGLAND????....HAHHA

NO

kk so maybe i used 2 be an Owen fan but that was back in the day..speaking of which Micheal Owen is makin a cumbak 2day against Reading after his lllllllooooonnnnngggggg world cup injury

yes like Ajmal sed aSk Hamida..FRANCE!!!!!!!!!! lol

i was with them from the start of the world cup campaign and FOREVER...after being severlly tourmented my England fans during world cup lol

MY GOLDEN OLDIES ALL THE WAY

.... :sl: omg...now i miss Zizou even moreeeeeee

i heard rumours in indonesia that henry going to inter next season..:sl:

haha that will be the day

i mean the Henry issue is very controversial everyone has been spreadin silly things bou him movin to every club in the football world lol

in an interview recently he sed he hates that stuff and Arsenal is where his heart is

but i must say there have been many things happenin at Arsenal this season and with the departure of our vice chairman (the boss's best buddy)things arnt lookin good SO if Arsene leaves then Henry will to

these were his exact words

'im here as long as the boss is'

but i dnt wanna think bout wat would happen if he leaves

enjoy the moment that is now and also next season will make or break many players!!

HENRY-OUR KING!!!!!

More from my favourite player

Okay then...Introducing the to the throne (after henry king)LOL

i love this video

a trip down memory lane

WELCOME TO MY WORLD