Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gnuneo

Does Evil Do Any Good In The World?

8 members have voted

1. 1. Does evil do any good in the world?

• yes
    • no
    • i'm not sure
    • other (explain)

was reading the "does america do any good in the world", and was agreeing with the people that thought it was a rather 'silly' (apologies tech diver) question, and i was thinking about what TD was trying to get at - and it connected with the current discussion about evil, and here we go.

so , can evil do good?

PropellerAds

no, its meant as a very serious question. If evil exists, can it do good?

(options are many, depending upon how people define evil, how they see evil as consequence or intent, etc)

no, its meant as a very serious question. If evil exists, can it do good?

(options are many, depending upon how people define evil, how they see evil as consequence or intent, etc)

Yes. thou my definition of evil is something seen as w/o purpose. As evil is subjective and most of the time based off of ignorance, id say actions called evil in the past have done a great deal of 'good'.

Depending on the general understanding of evil, the answer should be no. Even if evil seems to be doing good, it must have an evil goal for doing so; which makes it not good.

Evil can not do good, or else it would not be evil.

:sl:

it might or it might not. to answer is too complicated to convery through a simple poll.

Peace

it depends.. what might be evil for one person might not be evil for another...

:sl:/Peace To All

I voted "Other."

For humans, there are good and evil people. Both can do good & evil acts (the level of good & evil would depend on that particular act/circumstance).

Evil people have been known to perform good acts.

As for America. I wouldn't associate it with evil. It has done a lot of good for the world.

There may be some "evil" people in power who are misguiding it, or the policies are counterproductive. But in general, America & Americans have done much good for the world...

^^ thats a good reply..

the question for me was kind of confusing though... i mean.. i dont think of evil as something that can do things.. evil isnt an entity.. for me evil is more an adjective...

Take evil as a lesson and learn from it and refrain from encouraging it.

no russ, i am not limiting responses whatsoever. Please interpret and answer the question as you see fit, not as how you percieve *me* as meaning by the question.

Peace.

was reading the "does america do any good in the world", and was agreeing with the people that thought it was a rather 'silly' (apologies tech diver) question...

Three people voted 'no'. So much for 'silly'. I wasn't trying to 'get at' anything. Don't read too much into it.

Three people voted 'no'. So much for 'silly'. I wasn't trying to 'get at' anything. Don't read too much into it.

You need to visit a pyschiatrist tech diver instead of wasting your energy here look for some other pastime :sl: :sl: