Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
inara

Can't Make A Solid Decision Plz Help

in order to explain this i have to tell my background , i am a Jr IT professional , i am MS in Computer Science and have some good

industry certifications too , because of no guidance here i feel i lost my track and there for i am having great trouble in finding

job, the situation is i know my skills and i know i have unlimited potential in one of my subjects (still i lack some of the skills)

i was not guided so i didn't knew about those skills which are heart of this IT industry

now i have 2 options but plz remember that making and keeping up to date within IT industry is hard and time consuming

my first option is to get any job or atleast a technician job in IT and carry on my studies ,with family etc around and with job

its really a time consuming factor and very difficult task

second option is to forget about everything and go back to my country and gain those skills and then came back here and

get a job at the mid level (i am sure after getting those skills i can easily bypass the Jr level or entry level job)

I talk with few of my friends back home and they said to me that for a new person all those skills can not be mastered in

15 months but for person like me with a strong IT background its a matter of few months if i only go back for studies

and carry on my studies at the pace of 10 hours per day

also note i know my lines now , the direction is right ,i must have to make decision now and act quickly

i know my relatives , family members will mostly oppose my decisions but i want your thoughts and advise

specially from people who are in IT or carrier oriented people

Thanks

PropellerAds

:sl:

Brother let me assure you what you are going through is absolutely normal and healthy. Secondly for situations as such Salatul Istikharah is advised ... so much so that we should even pray this Salaah when asking for general This or That Situations.

My Advice:

It is VERY IMPORTANT you make a decision SOLELY based on what you want because REGRET is a poison that has slowly killed the most Powerful of all. You mite make a decision today by being a football for other to kick but one day you will wish how you could turn back time so make a decision on what is good for you first and then your parents because you seem to be a very justified person and wont give way to any short comings.

Secondly , if finance is being a burden then OBVIOUSLY you will have to work and study in order not to be a burden on your folks .. but if money is not a hassle FINISH you studies and go for it because it will pay in the end BIG TIME ...

Thirdly you have already answered your own question when you said

my first option is to get any job or atleast a technician job in IT and carry on my studies ,with family etc around and with job

its really a time consuming factor and very difficult task

so logically and consciously you feel the first option is a nuisance to eliminate it but if it clashes with the second advice above then you need to set out your priorities again begore coming to a point.

Hope this all helps ... if not .. its all Elmo's fault :sl:

~Fr3ak~(T_o) Elmo go now