Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mac111

Hummus

Hummus is a creamy puree of chickpeas and tahini (sesame seed paste) seasoned with lemon juice and garlic, and is a popular spread and dip in Greece and throughout the Middle East. Hummus can be served as part of a meze platter; with bread or vegetable crudités for dipping; as a spread or filling for pita, lavash or Turkish pide bread; or as a tasty, creamy alternative to butter in sandwiches. A spoonful or two can also be added to Middle Eastern or Greek-style pilafs and stews to add richness.

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup boiled Chickpeas (gorbanzo beans, kabuli chana)

2 tbsp Tahini paste (sesame paste)

4 cloves Garlic

1 tsp Cumin powder

3 tbsp Olive oil

2 tbsp Lemon juice

DIRECTIONS:Grind all the ingredients together. Add salt if you like.

Garnish with sprinkle of olive oil and red chilli powder .

Serve with bread sticks or goes well with fried items

courtesy: khana khazana

Edited by mac111

PropellerAds

:sl:

I don't think my mums ever made hummus :sl: she just buys it from the shops! lol. ...I personally don't like it, smells a bit weird... but I haven't really tried it - I should try it.

Mehmet

YUMMMMMMMMMMM!

I love Hummus, I could eat it everyday :sl: I love it with pitta bread and fresh tomatoes and lots of olive oil. mmmmmmmm

YUMMMMMMMMMMM!

I love Hummus, I could eat it everyday :j: I love it with pitta bread and fresh tomatoes and lots of olive oil. mmmmmmmm

You are ma kind :sl: . Same here i too love it with pitta bread , fresh tomatoes and looooooooooooooots of olive oil . If filafel is available with it then it becomes a complete Yummy yummy dish

I absolutely love hummus too. Though I can't eat it if it has too much garlic in it.

Thanks for sharing the recipe brother. :sl:

check here

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_video.about(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mideastfood/Tahini-Sauce.htm"]video[/url]

another (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_middleeasterncuisine.suite101(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article.cfm/home_made_tahini"]link[/url]

Jazakallah khair, I made your recipe right now and mashallah it was soooo good!

I ate toooo much!