Islamic Forum
thezman

~ Girl Stoned To Death For Converting To Islam ~

so muslims different view points of various matters that you have happen to disagree upon have swayed you from the religion? that's kinda lame.
...what? English please.

Maybe that person shouldn't have submitted to the truth in the first place and then left it. By leaving they open the door to anyone else who may want to. This religion is not a joke. You don't submit to god and then decide not to anymore, that's foolish.

Last time I checked you don't choose which family you are born into. You don't "submit" to the religion as a child because you aren't old enough to make that decision. Instead you are conditioned to believe in something to a point where that choice is literally not in your hands anymore. So no, I don't believe being a Muslim is a matter of choice (for the most part) Its just the result of truly mundane circumstance.

if i witnessed an act of injustice i would not be quick to condone it, Islam is about fairness and justice, even if they happen not to be Muslim.
Your view of "injustice" is only seen through the view point which fits with your preconcieved notions.

no you don't understand Islamic law as you claim to.

So one can only "understand" something if they believe in it. I guess anyone who hates Hitler only does so because they didn't "understand" him. You either agree with the Iraq War or you don't "understand" it. If you are against the israeli occupation of Palestine you shouldn't speak out on the injustice, you should start trying to "understand" it.

PropellerAds
...what? English please.

You telling me you don't understand simple english 0.o.

Why put yourslef as a muslim when you are against it at the first place?

:sl:

Edited by Ajmal

Your view of "injustice" is only seen through the view point which fits with your preconcieved notions.
injustice is injustice, it doesn't matter who does it. You seem to think that muslims will always pardon one another's actions if committed against a non-believer. Well lemme let you something if a Muslim boarded a bus and blows himself up, i would not justify his actions because they are wrong, plain and simple.

So one can only "understand" something if they believe in it.
Where did I say you had to believe in something first to understand it?

:j:

So no, I don't believe being a Muslim is a matter of choice (for the most part) Its just the result of truly mundane circumstance.

Brother,Islam is about freedom of choice,you make the decision from within your heart,inshallah.

May Allah show u the light and bestow His mercy upon u.Ameen.

Just wanna point out,no matter what others say,please keep your cool yeah,and inform and educate them with a smile. :D

:no: :D

Listen bruv,follow 2 sources and 2 sources only yeah.

Those are the QURAN AND SUNNAH.

Inshallah.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

Allah have mercy on her. I didn't watch it. Too much for me.

btw br Mehmet, :sl: for the wiki link :j: it was quite enlightening.. i had never heard of this religion before..

Last time I checked you don't choose which family you are born into. You don't "submit" to the religion as a child because you aren't old enough to make that decision. Instead you are conditioned to believe in something to a point where that choice is literally not in your hands anymore. So no, I don't believe being a Muslim is a matter of choice (for the most part) Its just the result of truly mundane circumstance.

That's incorrect, and the millions of reverts worldwide would agree with me. Almost every single companion of prophet Muhammad would also agree with me. They weren't born into Islam, yet they had more faith than any of us can muster up.

Islam is a belief that comes from the heart. A person born into a Muslim family is not a Muslim by default; it is something they have to decide for themselves. Belief is sincerity, and sincerity comes from the heart. It is not passed down through genes.

So one can only "understand" something if they believe in it. I guess anyone who hates Hitler only does so because they didn't "understand" him. You either agree with the Iraq War or you don't "understand" it. If you are against the israeli occupation of Palestine you shouldn't speak out on the injustice, you should start trying to "understand" it.

The world isn't as black and white as you try to make it seem. Try to be a bit more open-minded about the conclusions you arrive at.

Salam.

the issue of apostasy is complicated and there are many differing view points

peace

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=30003&hl=apostasy+in+Islam"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic...ostasy+in+Islam[/url]

this was discussed long ago

go to yusufar's post

peace

and to my knowldge the stoning to death of people also is not mentioned in the quran but only in hadith

and i know of a instance where a woman repeatedly came to the prophet asking to be stoned because she had commited adultry and the prophet constantly sent her away but she was eventually stoned so i don't know?

salaam

salaamu alaikum

^^^

If my memory serves me correct it was because she had a baby that she was suckling, and the prophet told her to come back once the baby was old enough.

^ yep that is the story and she did get stoned eventually that's why i said i was unsure about the stoning to death

peace

Edited by lateefah

if your going to kill someone should'nt you do it quickly?

stoning to death is long and painful

salaam

What's waiting in hell is much worse - don't you think?

Mehmet

stoning to death only applies to adultery

i do believe adultry should be a punishable crime but why stoning to death if your going to kill someone why not just kill them why draw it out?

salaam

Edited by lateefah

salaamu alaikum

^^^

If my memory serves me correct it was because she had a baby that she was suckling, and the prophet told her to come back once the baby was old enough.

I believe the prophet (saws) ordered that she be stoned to death to face the punishment here on Earth, so Allah swt may forgive her not not punish her in the hereafter if she repents before she dies.

So, it was out of mercy..

I might be wrong though.

:sl:/Peace To All

Masha Allah, a lot of reads & replies.

My intention in posting this article is to shed light on the vicious attacks that are directed against Islam/Muslims regarding certain aspects of the religion, and actions by some Muslims.

The attacks are phrased in such a way, and constantly highlighted as to seem as if we are the only people on the planet that are "backward," "barbaric," "violent,"and "non-conformists."

Which is totally wrong.

We are continually attacked by people who actually practice the very acts they accuse us of perpetrating.

And, I find that to be highly hypocritical, offensive and deceptive.

Therefore, I decided that for every item we as Muslims are attacked over, it will be my duty to bring to light those very acts that are committed by non-Muslims, also.

For example:

1. Crimes Of Passion In Non-Muslim Lands:

A crime of passion, in popular usage, refers to a crime in which the perpetrator commits a crime, especially assault or murder, against a spouse or other loved one because of sudden strong impulse such as a jealous rage or heartbreak rather than as a premeditated crime. A typical crime of passion, for example, might involve a husband who discovers his wife has made of him a cuckold and proceeds to brutally batter or even kill the man with whom she was involved. While the concept of the crime of passion is not officially recognized in law, it is sometimes used by defense lawyers because in popular opinion, if not in courts of law, the commission of murder or of grievous bodily harm is viewed more sympathetically when it is a crime of passion.

Societies in which honor forms a governing principle may react similarly to altercations caused by personal insults or may defer immediate action preferring to consult among family members and act in concert.

In some countries, notably France, crime passionnel (or crime of passion) was a valid defense during murder cases; during the 19th century, some cases could be a custodial sentence for two years for the murderer, while the spouse was dead; this ended in France as the Napoleonic code was updated in the 1970s so that specific father's authority upon his whole family was over.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Crime_of_passion"]Wikipedia[/url]

Honor Killings (Are Not Exclusive To Muslims/Muslim Nations):

An honor killing (Sindhi: ڪارو ڪاري) is the murder of a woman perceived as having brought dishonor to her family. The killing is typically done by her own relatives and unlike rage-induced murders, honor killings are usually planned in advance.

In societies and cultures where they occur, such killings are often regarded as a private matter for the affected family alone, and the courts rarely become involved or prosecute the perpetrators.

The United Nations Population Fund estimates that the annual worldwide total of honor-killing victims may be as high as 5,000 women.

Human Rights Watch defines "honor killings" as follows:

Honor crimes are acts of violence, usually murder, committed by male family members against female family members, who are perceived to have brought dishonor upon the family. A woman can be targeted by (individuals within) her family for a variety of reasons, including: refusing to enter into an arranged marriage, being the victim of a sexual assault, seeking a divorce — even from an abusive husband — or (allegedly) committing adultery. The mere perception that a woman has behaved in a specific way to "dishonor" her family, is sufficient to trigger an attack.[1]

For example, honor killings can sometimes target those who choose boyfriends, lovers or spouses outside of their family's ethnic and/or religious community. Some women who adopt the customs (or religion) of an outside group, may also be more likely to be victims.[2] Furthermore, in certain cultures a raped single woman will garner no bride price if she marries, and thus be considered "worthless" to the family. There is some evidence that homosexuality can also be grounds for honor killing by relatives. Several cases have been suspected but not confirmed. There is also a documented case of a gay Jordanian man who was shot (but not fatally) by his brother.[2]

Honor Suicides:

The historic practice of sati, or widow-burning, in parts of India and south Asia can be considered a form of honor suicide in those instances when (at least theoretically) the act is voluntary, with a deceased man's widow immolating herself on his funeral pyre as an act of pious devotion and to preserve her and her family's honor. The justifications for sati, as well as its actual prevalence and acceptance, are subject to much historical and religious debate, however.[5]

History:

Honor killings, generally considered premeditated, are typically held to be distinct from crimes of passion, which occur throughout the world. Crimes of passion are different from honor killings, in the sense that they are spontaneous acts that are not planned. Indeed a crime of passion must not be premeditated and is treated as a type of temporary insanity. Furthermore, many honor killings (along with some crimes of passion) are based on sheer suspicion as opposed to (what appears to be) factual proof, in relation to the idea that an individual has committed or been involved in an "undesirable act", in the mind of the perpetrator(s).[6]

My Note: I've read and witnessed several TV reports about Crimes of Passion, that some are indeed premeditated, and planned in advance.

Honor Killings By Location & In National Legal Codes:

According to the report of the Special Rapporteur submitted to the 58th session of the United Nations Commission on Human Rights (2002) concerning cultural practices in the family that reflect violence against women (E/CN.4/2002/83).

Countries where the law is interpreted to allow men to kill female relatives in a premeditated effort as well as for crimes of passions, in flagrante delicto in the act of committing adultery, include (I, thezman, have only included the Non-Muslim Nations):

1. Haiti: Article 269 of the Penal Code states that "in the case of adultery as provided for in Article 284, the murder by a husband of his wife and/or her partner, immediately upon discovering them in flagrante delicto in the conjugal abode, is to be pardoned."

2. In two Latin American countries, similar laws were struck down over the past two decades: according to human rights lawyer Julie Mertus "in Brazil, until 1991 wife killings were considered to be noncriminal 'honor killings'; in just one year, nearly eight hundred husbands killed their wives. Similarly, in Colombia, until 1980, a husband legally could kill his wife for committing adultery."[17]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Honor_killing"]Wikipedia[/url]

3. Acid Attacks Against Women:

The chemical agent used to commit these attacks is either hydrochloric acid, widely available in South Asian countries as a toilet cleaner or sulphuric acid from batteries. Because the chemical causes severe disfigurement, not death, this easily accessible chemical has become the popular weapon for attacks against women who refuse sexual advances and offers of marriage made by men. Acid attacks are not often classified as domestic violence, because they usually originate outside of the home[citation needed].

Acid Attacks around the world:

Such attacks are not unknown in various parts of the world.

Australia - A Chinese-Australian named Dominic Li was murdered by gangsters, by having acid poured down his throat; [4]

Cambodia - Acid attacks are frequently inflicted upon mistresses; [5]

Canada - There was an incident within the country in 2000;

China - Acid attacks have been reported within the country; [6]

El Salvador - A woman had acid poured in her face before being raped and murdered. [7]

Ethiopia - A particularly gruesome attack was committed in the context of the Eritrean-Ethiopian War; [8]

Italy - Michael Musmanno discusses attending a trial for a similar crime during the inter-war period;

Southern Thailand - Six Thai youths were assaulted with acid in Pattani, allegedly by Malay Muslim rebels

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Acid_attack"]Wikipedia[/url]

4. Femicide:

Femicide is the systematic killing of women because they are women. Femicide is seen as a gender crime. It is attested from the 1820s.[3]

Feminicide or feminicidio in Spanish, refers to acts of femicide (femicidio) that are state-sponsored.

There have been reports of femicide in Guatemala City, Guatemala, and in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. The murders in Juarez, also known as las muertas de Juárez ("The dead women of Juárez"), and Guatemala were reportedly not investigated by the local authorities. Most of the women were raped before being murdered and some were mutilated, tortured and even dismembered. In Guatemala City about 20% of the over 500 women murdered in 2004 and 2005 were killed in pairs, due to an "intimate relationship", according to Claudia Acevedo of Lesbiradas.[citation needed]

There is also concern that femicide of Aboriginal women is taking place in Canada. Five hundred Aboriginal women have been reported missing or murdered since 1980, a disproportionate proportion compared to non-Aboriginal women. According to sociological studies, these women are seen as easy targets because their race places them at the bottom of the social and economic hierarchy. Many of the missing women have been dismissed as prostitutes and their disappearances have gone uninvestigated. A major factor in bringing international attention to Canadian women was the murder of Helen Betty Osborne in 1971.[citation needed]

According to the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of the Armed Forces, between 113 and 200 million women are missing.[citation needed]

The most widespread form of femicide is in the form of sex-selective infanticide in cultures with strong preferences for male offspring, notably in the mainland of the People's Republic of China, India, and South Korea. These practices result in demographic imbalance with an excess of males. The Chinese example shows 1.13 males/female under 15 years, as opposed to a 'natural' average of 1.05.[citation needed] Sex selection in favour of females appears to be rare or non-existent.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Femicide"]Wikipedia[/url]

5. Domestic Violence Against Women & Children (Long Article):

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Domestic_violence"]Wikipedia[/url]

Now, if non-Muslims are going to hold Islam & 1.5 billion Muslims accountable for the actions of a minority, then, it's about time that Muslims hold them accountable over their actions, also.

It's the fair thing to do. Don't you think?

^ i suppose, but if you see it as wrong and that muslims are not the only people who commit this wrong, than what are your thoughts on stoning from a Islamic perspective

peace

^ i suppose, but if you see it as wrong and that muslims are not the only people who commit this wrong, than what are your thoughts on stoning from a Islamic perspective

peace

I'm not criticizing Islamic Shariah or Hadith. Nor did I say they were wrong.

I Just don't know if stoning should be applicable today. It's Just a very agonizing way to die.

If stoning is to be practiced, it has to be supervised by legitimate courts, and handled by the proper authorities.

What Just took place is vigilante Justice.

I don't condone honor killings, and I definitely don't think it sould be applicable to children.

May be another form of punishment should be implemented.

I think stoning is more of a deterrent than anything else. Just thinking about that fate would make someone stop and think twice about what he/she might be tempted to do.

Just like chopping of hands for theft. It's not implemented frequently due to it being a highly effective deterrent.

In comparison to other forms of punishment (with secular laws), stoning & chopping off hands don't rank anywhere near the top of the most utilized forms of punishment.

Just my opinion...

a deterent? maybe

i see your logic

and bro i did not mean that you said that the hadith itself was wrong

just that you said that muslims were not the only people who commit unjust acts, i just wondered what you thought of stoning from an Islamic perspective

peace

Its quite simple really; I don't see alot of Muslims here making a big deal of some of the existing videos of people getting stoned to death for apostacy, adultery in Muslim countries. I guess it's okay when Muslim's do it. It's "barbaric" when someone else does it to Muslims.

A psycho who is justifing a worst unhuman murder..

Alright, going into this might get ugly so I'll just avoid it. But I do have an honest question for you and any other Muslims who have responded to this article. I really hope that you would answer it;

What exactly is it about the video that disturbs you? Is it the means to which this girl was killed? Was it the screaming mob bashing her head in with rocks, or was it the reason for which she was killed that upset you? Did the execution inherently make you feel any sympathy for her or was it simply the fact that she was Muslim?

show me a video in which muslims killed someone like this for apostasy... Amazing, not a single word for these barbaric people.. Islamophobia made some people Mentally ill.. Are you yazidi?

Guest amani
Its quite simple really; I don't see alot of Muslims here making a big deal of some of the existing videos of people getting stoned to death for apostacy, adultery in Muslim countries. I guess it's okay when Muslim's do it. It's "barbaric" when someone else does it to Muslims.

Are you for real? you have a problem with the laws of Allah?!

hipocrisy at its best for sure, a muslim apostating from Islam and being stoned to death would have made top news for 3 days. this? oh no, the people who did this to her arent muslims so its ok.

inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajioun!