Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
darla_1753

6 Men Trying To Attack Army Base

All Sources for above post are from Associated Press releases -May 07 & May 08 .

MY COMMENT:

SINCE WHEN THE MEDIA BECOME THE PROSECUTORS, THE JURIES AND THE JUDGES? It is unfair for the media to make prejudgement against the 6 Muslims who are not proven guilty by any courts of law. By making the prejudgment, the media have shaped the opinion of the American people into believing that the men who are Muslims are guilty of the crime that did not and do not take place. The media are trying to mislead the people and juries into denying the right of the men to have a fair trial. The media are hijacking the courts of law.

PropellerAds
FORT DIX, N.J. -- Authorities' description of six suspects charged with plotting an attack on Fort Dix as "Islamic militants" is causing renewed worry among New Jersey's Muslim community.

Hundreds of Muslim men from New Jersey were rounded up and detained by authorities in the months following the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, but none were connected to that plot.

Now, Muslims fear a resurgence of anti-Islamic sentiment and incidents of bias.

"If these people did something, then they deserve to be punished to the fullest extent of the law," said Sohail Mohammed, a lawyer who represented scores of detainees after the 2001 attacks. "But when the government says 'Islamic militants,' it sends a message to the public that Islam and militancy are synonymous. Don't equate actions with religion."

Now wait a minute, Mr. Mohammed. These guys had video of men firing rifles while calling for jihad and shouting "Allahu akbar." They had video of Osama bin Laden and others who couch all their actions in the language of Islamic jihad. One of them said, "I'm doing it in the name of Allah." And now you, Mr. Mohammed, are warning officials not to call them "Islamic militants"?

(CBS 3) VORHEES, N.J. Muslims in the region are bracing themselves for a possible backlash in response to the terror plot arrests.

Why? Have they received threats? None are reported in this story. Has there been a backlash against Muslims after any other jihadists were arrested? No -- Americans are decent, fair-minded people who don't persecute the innocent, to the extent that CAIR's Nihad Awad has to exhort Muslims to play the victim game more effectively, and CAIR has to trump up hate crimes.

MY COMMENT:

How do you know that the men are Muslims? If they are Muslims , do they represent Islam and all Muslims?

I quote the statement above "Why? Have they received threats? None are reported in this story. Has there been a backlash against Muslims after any other jihadists were arrested? No -- Americans are decent, fair-minded people who don't persecute the innocent, to the extent that CAIR's Nihad Awad has to exhort Muslims to play the victim game more effectively, and CAIR has to trump up hate crimes."

My response: The writer is a hypocrite by making such misleading statement above. The media had used the Oklahoma Bombing to frame and blame innocent Muslims that led to the American persecution of Muslims. Masjids were attacked and innocent and defenseless Muslims were attacked, beaten, terrorized by the so-called ' decent, fair-minded American people ' in USA. Then we all know that it was the Christian terrorists who bombed the Federal building! What a shame! That is the affect of the media that try to be the prosecutors, juries and judges! After the American media are controlled by Zionists who hate Islam and Muslims very much.

The Zionists and the Zionist Christians use the media to slander and frame Muslims:

Continuing aid to israel at a time when a war criminal is its prime minister is no easy task. Passing legislation like the secret evidence provisions of the Counter-Terrorism Act in a country as committed to liberty and due process as the U.S. is can't be done without the aid of the likes of Steven Emerson.

Emerson's well-timed (albeit absurd) claim that the Oklahoma City bombing was a "Middle Eastern" act of terrorism served its purpose in whipping up the necessary frenzy of hatred and fear to pass the Counter-Terrorism Act. Although the terrorism inflicted on the country by Timothy McVeigh was real, the Counter-Terrorism Act was a false prophylactic. Its secret evidence provisions could not be used against American citizens like McVeigh. The real targets of the act are immigrants, primarily immigrants from Muslim countries.

Emerson's repeated bungling in his attacks on American Muslims severely eroded his credibility until an academician came to his rescue. After Emerson's excesses in propagandizing had been exposed one too many times, and American newspaper editors began to shy away from printing any more of his screeds, Emerson accused them of caving in to "Muslim terrorists". (Did he mean Muslims and other activists and intellectuals who had exposed his false allegations?) Emerson found his academic defender in Daniel Pipes who is a Zionist himself, who published Emerson's allegations of cowardliness in the media.

Now, Pipes has coauthored a piece with Mr. Emerson in The Wall Street Journal using McCarthyist tactics of drawing a chain of guilt by association that begins with groups identified with the killing of civilians and ends with an intellectual who stands against state-sponsored terrorism and the persecution of innocents.

Just one month before Jamil Al-Amin was charged with the crime of cop-killing under very suspicious circumstances, Pipes had published an article in National Review identifying Imam Jamil as part of an emerging threat to America in that he had characterized the U.S. Constitution as being "in its main essence, diametrically opposed to what Allah has commanded." The Zionists use the media to frame Jamil Al-Amin.

FACT: ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, UPN, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Daily News, Time Magazine, Newsweek, People Magazine, US News and World Report and countless other media and Hollywood companies all have either a Zionist CEO, a Zionist News Chief, or are owned by a media conglomerate which has a Zionist CEO. Have you ever noticed how Hollywood movies always seem to portray Germans and Arabs as a bigoted fanatics or as terrorists? Now you know why!

Are you saying all events should be kept secret until suspects are apprehended , indictments and charges filed , trial is finished and charges adjudicated ?

These men are entitled to due process , just like everyone else , and the jury not the media will weigh the evidence .

MY COMMENT:

But the media have already comdemned the men before the courts of law try them !! The media have hijacked the US judicial system!

Russ & Darla....

Thanks for ur posts so far.

What r ur views on the informer (see post#15). Apparently, he became the group leader & came with many plans and taught them abt the powerful weapons, etc.

Thanks in advance.

It is illegal for juries to be influenced by the media. They can't even read newpapers in the jury room, nor bring any other form of media in with them.

It is illegal for juries to be influenced by the media. They can't even read newpapers in the jury room, nor bring any other form of media in with them.

MY COMMENT:

The BIG problem is juries also read newpapers at their office, home etc so any misleading news may have some effect on their mind.

O.J.Simpson was "condemned " in the media , where is he now ? Prospective jurors can be disqualified by defense attorneys , after questioning , or for no reason at all .

Crimes are reported , in every country , so if it makes the news what does that mean ? No one can get a fair trial ? I doubt that , in fact if that were the case , why bother with a trial at all . In addition , anyone convicted in a US court , has the right of appeal , all the way to the Supreme Court .

Yes O.J.Simpson was already "condemned " in the media before the court of law tried him so the revelation of the not guilty verdict appeared to shock the prosecutorial team, and likewise shocked many in America (even one of Simpson's lawyers feared at first that the quick verdict might mean conviction.). The prejudgment by the media make OJ Simpson's life more miserable as some Americans continue to question the verdict.

O.J.Simpson was "condemned " in the media , where is he now ? Prospective jurors can be disqualified by defense attorneys , after questioning , or for no reason at all .

Crimes are reported , in every country , so if it makes the news what does that mean ? No one can get a fair trial ? I doubt that , in fact if that were the case , why bother with a trial at all . In addition , anyone convicted in a US court , has the right of appeal , all the way to the Supreme Court .

Yes O.J.Simpson was already "condemned " in the media before the court of law tried him so the revelation of the not guilty verdict appeared to shock the prosecutorial team, and likewise shocked many in America (even one of Simpson's lawyers feared at first that the quick verdict might mean conviction.). The prejudgment by the media make OJ Simpson's life more miserable as some Americans continue to question the verdict.

The double standard practised by the US media is so pathetic when the media tend to label the 6 Muslim men as terrorists eventhough they did not and do not commit any crimes in USA. The US media tend to link a Muslim to terrorist act while ignoring the terrorism that is committed by Christians, Jews etc in USA. Whenever the members of KKK burned black Americans to death and destroy their homes, the US media did not and do not call the KKK members the terrorists.

There are so many militant groups in USA and they own assault weapons etc and practise war games in USA. Why don't the US media call them the terrorist groups? Why doesn't FBI arrest their members, call them terrorists and try them in courts of law?

You "prejudge " the suspects also , for you consider them innocent . All in all , events in this world do not occur in a vacuum , therefore everyone will have some pre-kno0wledge of the act they are accused of .

The US judicial system has not been hijacked by the media , the US judicial system will adjudicate according to the rule of law [uS Law ] in spite of the media , your opinions, or mine .

If there is a pre-prejudicial view being expressed here , it is yours .

Evidence presented before 12 jurors will determine their guilt or innocence , regardless of media hype , and that is why there are "rules of evidence " , if they are violated , there is a mistrial .These 6 men will have competent representation , they will be tried by a jury of 12 , that is the best anyone in the U S can hope for .

Or would you rather 4 male witnesses ?

MY COMMENT:

You are the one who are prejudging them by saying that they are guitly. Who are you to say such thing? I am not prejudging them by saying that they are innocent because a fair court of law doesn't say that they are guilty! They are innocent unless a fair court of law has proven that they are guilty! And they are not tried in courts of law yet !

'Jersey Joe' .....How do you feel if FBI accuses you of being a terrorist for having a gun and the media call you a terrorist who is going to kill Bush because FBI find a picture of Bush that look like a MONKEY in your home? Will you smile and say thank to the media and FBI for making you an infamous person? Hahahahahaa

You "prejudge " the suspects also , for you consider them innocent . All in all , events in this world do not occur in a vacuum , therefore everyone will have some pre-kno0wledge of the act they are accused of .

The US judicial system has not been hijacked by the media , the US judicial system will adjudicate according to the rule of law [uS Law ] in spite of the media , your opinions, or mine .

If there is a pre-prejudicial view being expressed here , it is yours .

Evidence presented before 12 jurors will determine their guilt or innocence , regardless of media hype , and that is why there are "rules of evidence " , if they are violated , there is a mistrial .These 6 men will have competent representation , they will be tried by a jury of 12 , that is the best anyone in the U S can hope for .

Or would you rather 4 male witnesses ?

MY COMMENT:

You are the one who are prejudging them by saying that they are guilty. Who are you to say such thing? I am not prejudging them by saying that they are innocent because a fair court of law doesn't say that they are guilty! They are innocent unless a fair court of law has proven that they are guilty! And they are not tried in courts of law yet !

'Jersey Joe' .....How do you feel if FBI accuses you of being a terrorist for having a gun and the media call you a terrorist who is going to kill Bush because FBI find that you keep a gun with a picture of Bush that look like a MONKEY in your home? Will you smile and say thank to the media and FBI for making you an infamous person? Hahahahahaa

Are the US courts of law fair and just? You can decide yourselves by reading the text below:

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Death by discrimination - the continuing role of race in capital cases

Source: Amnesty International

"We simply cannot say we live in a country that offers equal justice to all Americans when racial disparities plague the system by which our society imposes the ultimate punishment." US Senator, January 2003.

At least one in five of the African Americans executed since 1977 had been convicted by all-white juries, in cases which displayed a pattern of prosecutors dismissing prospective black jurors during jury selection. Louis Jones and Walanzo Robinson, like yet many other black defendants, were sentenced to death by juries made up of 11 whites and one African American. In both cases, as has happened on other occasions, the solitary black juror later alleged that he or she had been singled out for heavy pressure from their fellow jurors in order to get them to change their vote from life to death.

My opinion: I don't believe in the US system of justice !!!

:sl:

Please keep on topic. Feel free to start a new, separate topic to discuss whatever you feel like discussing, but not here please. Going off-topic is a violation of IF rules, and is not fair to the topic starter.

Thank you for helping us better organize IF. :sl:

Hell, it was a legitimate military target and if they weren't stupid enough to process their videos at a commercial outlet they probably would have gone through with it. I mean, the US is at war with 'terror' right? So what's the difference in killing US soldiers in Iraq or in the USA? Not a bad plan, but they really should have read more Len Deighton or something.

Peace,

I suppose if one were going to go into whether it is a legitimate target on the basis of other targets considered 'legitimate' from wars around the world I imagine it would be considered legitimate as well. That said the act was either stupid or well thought out to say the least, Muslim's will end up under more suspicion than they were before, the action will justify in the minds of all the less informed Americans the 'War on Terror' and the American military is not going to become any less trigger happy in the future.

Whether it was stupid or well thought out would depend on the attitudes of the culprits and their intentions.

As salaamu alaykum,

Please keep the South Jersey Muslims in you dua. Me and my husband were good friends with some of the brothers and their family. They have had the Feds out here all day making random stops.

Good. I'm just sorry that they were arrested instead of shot. I don't see what the hold-up on sentencing is, unless CAIR is doing their usual dog-and-pony show claiming Islamophobia and racism on the part of people who don't like terrorists.. Nothing like people who despise liberal western ideals using those liberal western ideals to their own advantages...

.....When Naseen Badat, Interfaith Dialogue coordinator of the Islamic Center of South Jersey, heard the news she was shocked.

The Duka brothers lived in South Jersey for some years, attending high school in the town.

"I said to my husband, ‘Are they the people really?'"

Badat remembers the brothers accompanying their mother to the Masjid and always being very low-key.

She recalls that they were of a mild nature and always looked to the floor when there were women around.

"I don’t know what triggered this action. They were not the radical type at all."

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1178724056478&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...-News/NWELayout[/url]

Thats the same we felt, these were some of the nices people you could have ever known thats why we were so surprised. The media where outside the masjid (Islamic Center of South Jersey) snapping pictures and interviewing as soon as Jummah was over. And some of the brothers have resorted to pointing fingers cause the informant my still be around. Some even telling those who knew 6 brothers well to leave the masjid, it has just become one big mess. I am very disgusted by this. Just when things were getting better they do this and set us back several years.

Edited by Zahrah

Salaam,

The surprise expressed by the NJ community with these 'seemed like normal guys' is reminiscent of the Muslim community's react after 7/7. Be much simpler if all bad guys were born with a big red sticker on their heads. I guess it's difficult for any people who knew a bad person well because nice people only tend to hang out with other people who are acting nice. The betrayal when 'looks nice man' turns out not to be is enormous.

On a similar note, a couple of days ago it was reported that one of the wives of the 7/7 bombers was taken into custody with some other suspects.

Surely this is where is gets difficult, we have the people who also went 'I didn't know, they seemed really nice' and they fall into two groups: those who are lying (and knew the person was bad all along) and those who were genuinely mislead. Would seem impossible to find a way to tell the difference between the two.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Thats the same we felt, these were some of the nices people you could have ever known thats why we were so surprised. The media where outside the masjid (Islamic Center of South Jersey) snapping pictures and interviewing as soon as Jummah was over. And some of the brothers have resorted to pointing fingers cause the informant my still be around. Some even telling those who knew 6 brothers well to leave the masjid, it has just become one big mess. I am very disgusted by this. Just when things were getting better they do this and set us back several years.

Ok, they seemed like good muslims till this happened. What di they do to make them bad muslims or even bad ppl?