Islamic Forum
PeaceAll

Saudis Wants Only 'rich' Pilgrims Or What

Haj expenses could go up by over 150pc :sl:

For expatriates living in the UAE, the cost of performing Haj is likely to shoot up by over 150 per cent this year, tour operators said.

The Saudi authorities have decided to slash the quota of expatriates from the UAE to perform Haj this year to 7,000, as compared to 15,000 last year.

Haj tour operators told Khaleej Times that it could cost a pilgrim at least Dh25,000 this year if they planned to travel by land to perform Haj, as compared to Dh8,000 they incurred last year.

The Saudi authorities have decided to further cut the quota for expatriates in the UAE to perform Haj to 3,500 in 2008, and 1,700 in 2009. Haj operators said that by 2009, it could cost an expatriate living in the UAE nearly Dh40,000 to perform Haj.

This, according to Haj operators, will force the Muslim expatriates living in the UAE to opt to perform Haj from their own countries, with a view to cutting cost. Haj operators said it would badly affect them and some of them might even have to close operations.

PropellerAds

I dont knw why they are behind in troubling the expatriate population

May Allah help muslim expats and make hajj easy for them . Ameen :sl:

Edited by mac111

I can't talk on behalf of the Saudi authorities, but my guess is that their aim is to make everyone perform hadj from his own country. This is similar to trying to decrease traffic on the roads by making it more expensive to drive.

I would further guess that the reason for that is to control the number of hujaj coming into Mecca, up to my understanding it is already 3 million per year, umra not included; that means a whole 3 million people coming into mecca in 10 days!

Frankly, you can't blame them.

better thing is that if someone has done hajj once he shouldnt be allowed to do hajj again atleast for another 10 years. I am aware that there are people who go many times and there are people have not yet got a chance to even go once

Assalamu alaykum

what does it mean when you say "perform Hajj in your own country"

He means start from your own country.

There can be other ways of reducing the crowd. But increasing the fee is not a correct option. Who will tell the authorities.

shukran

I feel sad for my indian friends who are living in UAE . They say to go from their own country is very difficult because there are tooooo many people going from their country they said that going from UAE for them it was easy because they used to come under expat quota so they had to pay less and it was very close journey but india process it quite difficult expensive and selection is like lottery because of tooo many people.

but india process it quite difficult expensive and selection is like lottery because of tooo many people.

Same case here in Indonesia ....

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Same case almost everywhere. It's easier if you come from countries with a small minority of Muslims or overall small population; such as the Western countries in General.