Islamic Forum
~mehnaz~

Looking To Learn Arabic?

:sl: all

For those looking to learn Arabic, heres a really good site :sl:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_lexicorient(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/babel/arabic/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_lexicorient(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/babel/arabic/[/url]

:j:

PropellerAds

Salam,

JuzakAllah for that Sis, cool site :sl:

Subhanallah!!

May Allah bless you Sister for sharing this website with us :sl:

I am in the early process of learning Arabic and seeing this site tonight........wow!!............exactly what I have been after.

Thanks Sis :sl:

:sl:

aww wa iyyak

I am in the early process of learning Arabic

May Allah swt make you fluent. Ameen

:no:

:sl: all,

I found more links that Arabic learners will :j: find useful.

#Arabic

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmesiti.it/arabic/index.asp?m=1210&idf=0&p=1"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmesiti.it/arabic/index.asp?m=12...p;idf=0&p=1[/url]

# 101 Rules of Arabic Grammar

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmtholyoke.edu/courses/mjiyad/Arabic%20Grammar%20Book.doc"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmtholyoke.edu/courses/mjiyad/Ar...mmar%20Book.doc[/url]

# Arabic Class Notes

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsarnia-muslims(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/arabicClass/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsarnia-muslims(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/arabicClass/[/url]

# Arabic for Non-Arabs

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlootah.sch.ae/ArabicTutor/MenuEng.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlootah.sch.ae/ArabicTutor/MenuEng.htm[/url]

# Arabic Language Downloads

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetfatwa-online(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/downloads/dow002/index.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetfatwa-online(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/downloads/dow002/index.htm[/url]

# Arabic Learning Resources

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyemenlinks(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Arabic_Resources.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyemenlinks(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Arabic_Resources.htm[/url]

# Arabic pdf downloads

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethmaxos(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/downloads.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethmaxos(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/downloads.htm[/url]

# Arabic Reading/Writing Course

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetshariahprogram.ca/Arabic-alphabet.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetshariahprogram.ca/Arabic-alphabet.shtml[/url]

# Arabic Word A Day

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_arabicwordaday.wordpress(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_arabicwordaday.wordpress(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

# Babel Arabic

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_i-cias(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/babel/arabic/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_i-cias(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/babel/arabic/[/url]

# Fundamentals of Classical Arabic

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsacredlearning(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/classrooms/arabic/index.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsacredlearning(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/classrooms/arabic/index.htm[/url]

# G.L.O.S.S.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gloss.lingnet(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/searchResources.aspx"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gloss.lingnet(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/searchResources.aspx[/url]

# Glossary of Arabic Grammar Terms

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdalilusa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Arabic_Course/glossary_arabic_grammar.asp"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdalilusa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Arabic_Course/glos...bic_grammar.asp[/url]

# LanguageGuide Arabic

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlanguageguide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/arabic/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlanguageguide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/arabic/[/url]

# Learn Arabic Now!

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_learnarabicnow.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_learnarabicnow.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

# Learning Arabic Forum

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_talk.islamicnetwork(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forumdisplay.php?f=23"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_talk.islamicnetwork(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forumdisplay.php?f=23[/url]

# Madinah Arabic

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmadinaharabic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmadinaharabic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

# Madinah Arabic Audio

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmatari(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Arabic_Lessons/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmatari(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Arabic_Lessons/[/url]

# MuslimTents Arabic

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmuslimtents(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/learningarabic/index.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmuslimtents(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/learningarabic/index.html[/url]

# StudyArabic

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetstudy-arabic.info/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetstudy-arabic.info/[/url]

# UniLang Arabic

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_home.unilang(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki3/index.php/Arabic"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_home.unilang(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki3/index.php/Arabic[/url]

# WordReference Arabic

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forum.wordreference(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forumdisplay.php?f=41&order=desc"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forum.wordreference(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forumdispla...&order=desc[/url]

ASalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabrakatuh

JazakAllah Khiarun for sharing the wonderful links sis! I am familiar with Madinah Arabic - but not the rest. The only thing I am worried about is the different dialects of Arabic that exist. I want to learn specifically Fusha Arabic, could you please direct me to such a site?

Walaikum Asalaam Ukhti

ASalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabrakatuh

JazakAllah Khiarun for sharing the wonderful links sis! I am familiar with Madinah Arabic - but not the rest. The only thing I am worried about is the different dialects of Arabic that exist. I want to learn specifically Fusha Arabic, could you please direct me to such a site?

Walaikum Asalaam Ukhti

So what is the Arabic of the Quran? :sl:

Do they differ from Quran to Quran?

Im confused now :sl:

So what is the Arabic of the Quran? :sl:

Do they differ from Quran to Quran?

Im confused now :sl:

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Brother,

Arabic can differ depending on what Arab country you come from. Fusha Arabic is also known as classical arabic which is usually used to understand the Quran. I also found this information for you. Insha-Allah hope it helps you...

W'salaam

Classical Arabic

Classical Arabic is also sometimes referred to as ‘Fusha’ in Arabic. The Quran was revealed in Classical Arabic, which is the main reason why the language has preserved its purity throughout the centuries.

Throughout Islamic history Classical Arabic has been the language of royal and princely courts, the bureaucracy and the learned.

Thus for a student to understand the Quran, books of Hadith, classical works by various Scholars and appreciate classical poetry, he must understand Classical Arabic.

Most Muslims would also like to be able to communicate with Arabic speaking

brothers and sisters. In such circumstances, Classical Arabic is not

a sufficient means of modern-day communication. Though it is undoubtedly

the most beautiful, special language in the world, the fact is that people

just don't walk around speaking Classical Arabic. Doing so would be the

equivalent of 21st century Americans chit-chatting in Shakespearean

English.

It is our hope that we change the current attitude towards Classical Arabic, and revive the language to its previous lofty status; a unifying factor between Muslims and the single means of communication in our every day lives. May Allah (swt) unite the Muslims and give us the understanding of His Deen.

Modern Standard Arabic (MSA)

Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), as its name indicates, is the modern counterpart of Classical Arabic. The main difference between MSA and Classical Arabic lies in the vocabulary. MSA reflects the needs of contemporary expression whereas Classical Arabic reflects the needs of older styles.

Most Universities and Language Institutes focus their studies on Modern Standard Arabic. MSA is a good alternative to Classical Arabic. Somebody who studies MSA formally can expect to get a good overview of the Arabic language, as it is used in well-educated circles. He will also learn to read and write. These basic skills make an excellent bench mark to further your studies in either Classical Arabic or one of the many Arabic dialects.

Note: Just like Classical Arabic, Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) is also refered to as ‘Fusha’ in Arabic.

Colloquial Arabic

Colloquial Arabic, sometimes referred to in Arabic as the ‘lahja’, or ‘amiya’ is a collection of languages all of which share some of their features with Classical Arabic and Modern Standard Arabic.

Colloquial Arabic is the spoken Arabic used by Arabs in their every day lives. Unlike modern standard Arabic that is uniform in all Arab countries, colloquial Arabic is subject to regional variation, not only between different countries, but also within regions in the same country.

Phonetic variation of Colloquial Arabic

'Qaaf' changes widely from variety to variety. In Bedouin dialects from Mauritania to Saudi Arabia, it is pronounced 'g', as in most of Iraq. In the Levant and Egypt (except in Upper Egypt (the Sa'id) where it is influenced by that of Arabia), as well as Malta and some North African towns such as Tlemcen, it is pronounced as a glottal stop, apart from rural Palestine where it becomes emphatic 'k'. In the Gulf, it becomes 'j' in many words, and is 'g' otherwise. Elsewhere, it is usually realized as uvular 'q'.

'Jiim' too varies widely. In some Arabian Bedouin dialects, and parts of the Sudan, it is still realized as the medieval Persian linguist Sibawayh described it, as a palatalized 'gy'. In Egypt and Yemen, it is a plain 'g'. In most of North Africa and the Levant, it is 'zh', apart from Algeria. In the Gulf and Iraq, it often becomes 'y'. Elsewhere, it is usually like English 'j'.

'Kaaf' often becomes 'ch' in the Gulf, Iraq and in some Bedouin dialects. In a very few Moroccan varieties, it affricates to 'ksh'. Elsewhere, it remains 'k'.

'Raa' is pronounced like French 'R' in a few areas: Mosul, for instance, and the Jewish variety in Algiers. In much of the Maghreb, a phonemic distinction has emerged between plain and emphatic 'r', thanks to the merging of short vowels.

'Thaa', 'Dhaal' become 's', 'z' in the Levant, and 't', 'd' in much of Egypt and North Africa. In one Arabic-speaking town in Turkey, they become 'f', 'v'.

Website for further info: you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetstudy-arabic.info/index.php

May Allah (swt) bless you Sister.

Shukran for posting that. Very informative and useful.

Salaams

Jazaakillaahu kheyran sis Alleena for the article- it's always hard for me to explain what fus-ha and modern slang Arabic is to people who ask; now I can just copy and paste that :sl:.

Fus-ha is the Arabic used formally (e.g. in writing, on the news, in most formal talks, speeches and in teaching -you can't teach slang Arabic, it's not something you can teach- etc).

Classical Arabic was the only Arabic known in Islamic history, there wasn't anything called 'aamiyyah and slang like there is today. Not just the royals used to speak fus-ha, but it's how everyone used to speak in their every day lives, though royals were probably more eloquent and articulate, like the example of ''Shakespearan English''.

I don't know exactly when 'aamiyyah/slang started to develop, but it most likely started to occur because of the mixing with other cultures and people of different languages, and because of the gradually weakening Arabic language in a lot of people over the centuries.

And the result is all these numerous different dialects and accents that I can't even call Arabic. It is Arabic, most of the same words, but things added and things abandonded etc. Although Arabs do understand fus-ha, even though they don't speak it in their every day lives, for most people their fus-ha isn't as strong, unfortunately. It's a real shame.

Edited by Julanaar ÈÜÜäÜÜÊ ãÜÜÄãÜÜä

Assalaamu 'Alaykum, Jazakaa'Allah Khayr sisters for the explanations. I'm trying to learn Arabic and geniunely I'd prefer learning Fus-ha Arabic before the 'Amiyya. I consider both important if you were to dialogue, however in terms of grammar and other linguistics Fus-ha would be a better foundation.

Thanks for the links above, very useful :sl:

Wassalaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

I've just reread this thread and Im getting excited now (!) cause I start an Arabic course at my local college this Monday mashallah...............a 30 week, 2 and a half hours a week course!!

Found this useful page on the IslamBase website - (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islambase.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=10&id=21&Itemid=172"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islambase.co.uk/index.php?option=co...&Itemid=172[/url]

Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Masha'Allah sis Alleena, very beautifully explained.

It is our hope that we change the current attitude towards Classical Arabic, and revive the language to its previous lofty status; a unifying factor between Muslims and the single means of communication in our every day lives. May Allah (swt) unite the Muslims and give us the understanding of His Deen.

Truly May Allah revive Classical Arabic. Ameen!

Alhumdullilah for all the wonderful contributions to this thread. I found another book that is very easy to understand for beginners: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsacredlearning(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/classrooms/arabic/index.htm"]Fundamentals of Classical Arabic[/url]. Insha'Allah it will be of benefit to people seeking to learn Classical Arabic.

Here is also another good website: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetkalamullah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/learning-arabic.html"]Kalamullah: Learning Arabic[/url]

Walaikum Asalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Edited by Habdisullah

Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

for those who want to learn arabic from urdu i have found videos on you tube.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/profile_videos?user=mqazafi&search_query=Arabic%20in%20Urdu"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/profile_videos?user...bic%20in%20Urdu[/url]

These are videos from a course to understand arabic in Lahore, Pakistan.

Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

for those who want to learn arabic from English I have found videos on you tube.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/profile_videos?user=tarakandi&search_query=Arabic%20Grammer%20for%20Learning%20Quran"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/profile_videos?user=tar...earning%20Quran[/url]