Islamic Forum
Spartan786

Manipulation Of Energy

Hi guys,

Well first of all, many people will tell me im crazy etc for saying this, but i dont care about your opinions, so don't post them.

One of my friends does meditation.

from what ive been told, you can manipulate 'energy' or something and use it. Like its magic or something.

In martial arts they teach you to see aura and energy build ups etc. So you can anticipate/fore see the attack of an opponent (you will see an energy build up in the limb of the opponent), but only moments before it happens. All this relates to how powerful the mind is. And we know that your mind will do what you believe in (example: beleiving in surviving cancer (this is just an example) and part of your recovery will depend on you, and if you will it, then to an extent that is how your body will react to it, to help cure itself).

This manipulation of energy has been told to me by another, elder person, who knows martial arts.

He says that it is possible to manipulate energy.

I have seen on television (no, it was not computer graphics), Tim Baily channel "ten's" weather man in australia had this chinese elder with him. The elder man stepped on canvas which was raised around a metre or so off the ground. Even all of his weight did not rip the canvas.

He was able to stand on this canvas and not rip through it, amazing.

Also, my dad once told me a little story (it wasnt real, but it was an example) (it is based in older times) a man used to go to the Masjid, but the only way was across a river. The man did not have a boat , nor was there a bridge, and he had to travel around until the river got thinner. This took much of his time.

The man asked the imam in the Masjid what to do about this problem.

The imam said that if you have such determination and have trust in Allah, then you can even walk on water.

Then a long time passed between the time when the imam spoke to the man again. When he did meet him, he asked how the man had solved his problem. The man said: "why you showed me the answer yourself"

the man begin to walk across the river on the water. The imam was astounded. when the man called the imam to come across and join him, the imam would not.

the moral of the story was that , 1. people may tell you things, but not beleive it them selves and 2. that the mind is capable of many things.

Also, jinn are able to manipulate energy, Angels are, and we know there is such thing as magic, then obviously (without use of jinn) humans can learn this as well, obviously with limitations, but still it is possible.

What i wanted to know, is whether this is counted as magic and is forbidden in Islam. Is this mental...strength, ability, what ever you want to call it haram??

the elder man i spoke to says that it is possible to move objects without touching them, to speak, with out your mouth or tongue (mind to mind) (i think its called telecanetic (i cant spell it :sl: )

While I was there, I over heard them having a conversation with each other, and the elder guy said that with a few more years or so of practice he will be able to move things greater distances without touching them.

now, many people will say this old man is seeing things etc, but if you think about it, If we are the best of creation, then surely there is a way to learn of this power.

Also, i get annoyed when people believe in Hadith etc,

but where it says "and these people will do this..." When some one says those people are the ... (says who they are)

then the other person says, dont be ridiculous, as if to say, we can know that a peoples will do this act, but you cannot know who these people are 'exactly' (by name etc) before they do it, or once they do it. As if to say it was a random act from un organised people (ultimately shaytaans followers, however, His followers can be organised and may not know they are in fact following him).

Also, one of my friends said that these christian missionaries came to his house (like the people who preach , door to door) and they had a crystal which began to spin when you hold it (hold the string, which was tied to the crystal). And when in your mind you told it to spin anti-clockwise, it would move anti-clockwise, and in your mind tell it to move clockwise, and it would move clockwise.

He said he still doesnt believe in christianity, but the mind connection was there. My friend who told me about the manipulation of energy also has seen these crystals.

so back to my question, would this power/enlightenment etc be classified as haram. Also taking into account the fact that it can help you (like in martial arts/ self defence etc).

Edited by Spartan786

PropellerAds

well we need a muslim scholar with knowledge of spiritual sciences to answer your question.

:sl:

This is too complex for such a forum, please as a scholar (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ln=eng&pg=fbqa"]Here[/url].

i obviously do not know the Islamic perspective on such matters, but i can give you a general overview.

first off, the word is "telekinesis", and means 'distance movement'.

yes, you are entirely correct about the ability for humans to be able to sense energy build ups and patterns, this is a normal ability in fact, and in fact as far as i am aware is also widespread in the animal kingdom. For instance, a classic technique of learning how to play with energy manipulation, is to bring your hands together slowly, you will feel 'something' between them at a distance of 2-5cm, if you then rotate your hands together you will feel it moving around, like a ball between your hands. If you then pull your hands apart, and then bring them together repeatedly, focussing upon this feeling, you will be able to increase its strength and size. This is just an affect of focussing your concentration, it is used in martial arts, certainly in tai chi. However a cool thing to do with it (and demonstrates that animals also have this ability), is once this 'energy ball' is quite strong, you can play with kittens with it!

by visualising yourself rolling it across the floor next to a kitten, you will see the kitten following it, as if it was a physical object!

as i said, i do not know the Islamic perspective, however in christian and persian religious icons, there is often shown a halo around the head of people, and in earlier times it was shown as a full body aura, the ability both to see and project this aura was considered to be a sign of spiritual cleanliness, as those locked into a materialist viewpoint (money, power greed) lose the ability they had as children (BTW babies most *definitely* have this ability), whilst saints have been reported as 'glowing with energy'.

i am not sure of 'walking on water' (although its almost possible at the Dead Sea :j:), but there are documented cases of yogi in india and spiritual people from around the world being able to do absolutely amazing things, and there seems a correlation between basic goodness and stronger abilities in this area, which is reassuring.

as for the crystal - actually it is surprising that it was christians doing it, although the early church was vey much pro-magic/astrology, once it became a 'control religion' its leaders decided to ban all such individual paths to enlightenment ability, and ignoring the simple fact that magic is fully embedded within the bible deemed anyone who had these abilities to be 'witches' - and we know what christian (leaders) think about *them*!

crystal energy/crystal rotation etc, are just facts of existence, they do not require beleif in any particular system to achieve, in fact they are more generally associated with the New Age movement than with xianity, and are often used to show the spiritual bankruptcy OF the christian beleifs!

they certainly don't 'prove' any christian beleif system. Someone can use such minor abilities and continue to beleive whatever system they want - except perhaps fundamentalist materialism.

but then fundamentalist materialism is the most soulless and meaningless religious positions, so who cares about them? :no: :sl:

Peace and Love. :sl:

Check this site out bro:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######dangerofchi######/"]######dangerofchi######/[/url]

Be sure to read the brother's personal story. :sl:

alpha dude: that site is simply filled with paranoia, it does not surprise me this person has had bad experiences.

can chi be used for wrong as well as right? Yes. Yet it is obvious from even a brief scan of material about it that the majority who learn how to manipulate this energy find themselves on the path of 'light', and not darkness.

it is probably beneficial this person has so vehemntly rejected chi and forms of meditation, it is like giving a psychopathic paranoic a machine gun and pointing them to a school were they were buillied. In fact, judging by the sheer level of paranoia displayed by this person (and i only briefly scanned through a few paragraphs, his sickness is so apparent), the fact that someone like him was so strongly rejected in his current state seems to me to be quite a GOOD argument FOR energy manipulation.

i strongly hope whatever afflicts him he finds the strength to get through it. I also hope that as few as possible read his paranoic ravings and take them seriously.

peace and love. :sl:

Hi my name is Amir and i will be answering your question. Q. Is telekinesis haram? A. As you can see telekinesis is the manipulation of energy. Sincerely i have been searching for someone to answer this same question, and finally after much hardship i have found the answer within the Holy Quran. (Translated)

Surah II. "The Cow" -- Verses: 101-103.

101. And when there cometh unto them a messenger from Allah, comfirming that which they possess, a party of those who have recieved the scripture fling the scripture of Allah behind their backs as if they knew not.

102. And follow that which the devils falsely related against the kingdom of Solomon. Solomon disbelieved not; but the devils disbelieved, teaching mankind magic and that which was revealed to the two angels in Babel, Harut and Marut. Nor did they (the two angels) teach it to anyone till they had said: We are only a temptation, therefore disbelieve not (in the guidance of Allah). And from these two (angels) people learn that by which they cause division between man and whife; but they injure thereby no-one save by Allah`s leave. And they learn that which harmeth them and profiteth them not. And surely they do know that he who trafficketh therein will have no (happy) portion in the hereafter; And surely evil is the price for which they sell their souls, if they but knew.

103. And if they had believed and kept from evil, a recompense from Allah would be better, if they only knew.

As you can see these verses talk about the devils that are trying to teach mankind magic. So it IS possible for mankind to learn this ability but it is forbbiden.

But actually depends-----

If Telekinesis is related to magic or any kind of witchcraft than yes it is haram to practise this ability.

Im not sure either if it is related, but take my advise and stop practising telekinesis!!!! for a harsh punishment is the reward for the ones who sell their soul and keep away from Allah.

So please, stay close to Allah AND BELIEVE.

wa salamu3alaykum wa rahmatullahy wa barakatu.

magic and telekenises are two different things!

for ex. when u do magic you call upon goddes of this and that ie creating partners with Allah.. when u do telekeniss you are merely manipulating the energy which you have in you in the first place (u just havent learnt how to use it)! its like saying we only us 5% of our brains (or so scientists claim) then peopel like einstein or other geniuses using more than this, are they doing something "wrong" if tehy were muslims?

ASA

bah this is a pile of nonsense, i hold a 3rd degree in jujitsu and i do boxing as well and what you speak of is pure nonsense. Its all about the mind the same is as when you see 1 man in a martial arts demonstration throwing 6 8 or even 10 men, my question right away is why not go into the UFC and fight or PRIDE and fight?? If what you say is true then lets see them make a peanut butter sandwhich or better yet lets see a doctor trained in this art and do surgery without even touching the patient. If what you say is true of course its not harram if we are able to move items or pick up items using or manipulating energy.

In science we do this all the time, ITS CALLED USING YOUR BRAIN TO MANIPULATE YOUR ARMS AND LEGS TO GO DO WHAT YOU WANT DONE. It is haram to waist your whole life sitting down like a monk trying to make a chair move, lets say by some large miracle you are able to make a spoon move oooooooooo. What can you really do with that can you bring world peace?? can you heal death? how much of your life would have been waisted when death comes for you. Imagine telling Allah i spent all of my life trying to make a chair move with my mind and one move in another country, Allahs response to you would probable be I created for you hands and feet :sl:.

It is harram to waist your life on meaningless things and this my friend is a meaningless journey unless of course you can make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich and wash dishes. Other than that of what use would this new worthless power be?? Muhammad never sought after this and neither should you

Edited by twoswordali

have u seen charmed? lol.. prue had this ability and i think it would be quite cool and could help you in situations where other person has a knife etc.. (ie for self defence purposes and provided you can use this power on objects which are heavier than a spoon etc)!

Hi my name is Amir and i will be answering your question. Q. Is telekinesis haram? A. As you can see telekinesis is the manipulation of energy. Sincerely i have been searching for someone to answer this same question, and finally after much hardship i have found the answer within the Holy Quran. (Translated)

Surah II. "The Cow" -- Verses: 101-103.

101. And when there cometh unto them a messenger from Allah, comfirming that which they possess, a party of those who have recieved the scripture fling the scripture of Allah behind their backs as if they knew not.

102. And follow that which the devils falsely related against the kingdom of Solomon. Solomon disbelieved not; but the devils disbelieved, teaching mankind magic and that which was revealed to the two angels in Babel, Harut and Marut. Nor did they (the two angels) teach it to anyone till they had said: We are only a temptation, therefore disbelieve not (in the guidance of Allah). And from these two (angels) people learn that by which they cause division between man and whife; but they injure thereby no-one save by Allah`s leave. And they learn that which harmeth them and profiteth them not. And surely they do know that he who trafficketh therein will have no (happy) portion in the hereafter; And surely evil is the price for which they sell their souls, if they but knew.

103. And if they had believed and kept from evil, a recompense from Allah would be better, if they only knew.

As you can see these verses talk about the devils that are trying to teach mankind magic. So it IS possible for mankind to learn this ability but it is forbbiden.

But actually depends-----

If Telekinesis is related to magic or any kind of witchcraft than yes it is haram to practise this ability.

Im not sure either if it is related, but take my advise and stop practising telekinesis!!!! for a harsh punishment is the reward for the ones who sell their soul and keep away from Allah.

So please, stay close to Allah AND BELIEVE.

wa salamu3alaykum wa rahmatullahy wa barakatu.

Sorry my bad you are right, I have just found out that telekinesis IS NOT HARAM In the Quran it says that you can learn to do magic or telekinesis. BUT if you use of these powers we harnes to harm people than it becomes haram. Just like witchcraft which is obviously haram.

Sorry i have to apologize for the wrong info.

magic and telekenises are two different things!

for ex. when u do magic you call upon goddes of this and that ie creating partners with Allah.. when u do telekeniss you are merely manipulating the energy which you have in you in the first place (u just havent learnt how to use it)! its like saying we only us 5% of our brains (or so scientists claim) then peopel like einstein or other geniuses using more than this, are they doing something "wrong" if tehy were muslims?

Ok now first of all magic is not when you call upon goddes, in Islam we only believe in Allah and his messenger Muhammad salalahu3alaihim wa salam. what you said is nonsense, calling upon Goddes?!?. And arabs might consider telekinesis as magic thats why i say that it is not haram to learn it but its haram to harm people with telekinesis.

if its harmless or helps people i think its fine

Yes exactly, if its harmless than yes its fine.

to add to this

i researched telekinesis and most of the stuff about it online is total fabrication if Allah gives you the gift to be able to move stuff around then He wanted you to have it. but only to do good.

to add to this

i researched telekinesis and most of the stuff about it online is total fabrication if Allah gives you the gift to be able to move stuff around then He wanted you to have it. but only to do good.

Noooooooooooo. Mankind just like angels and jinn are cabable of learning this ability. But im still not sure if its haram or not. I think its not if you dont use it to harm people.

Salam folks,

I've found the answers for my questions now (not from gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link) haha) :sl:

Thanks for your help anyway everyone, and I've noticed a lot of people commented about lots of different things.

Truth is, qigong (energy practice) is done through jinn, and jinn alone. It is not right to do it, it is not from Allah.

The jinn also work in contracts with people (who have fallen to this decree[this is now referring to other methods, not the same as qigong]) to give them 'abilities' in exchange for some form of kufr act.

Now I know what I say is quite controversial, but I've done the appropriate research on the topic, and this is also why I'm posting this literally 3 years after my original post (took time to find answers in amidst everything else in life).

Some Muslims are lead to believe qigong is ok, it is not. As I recall reading someone claimed. Matter of fact I came across a site about 'Islamic Qigong'.

P.S. I am aware of the fighters in UFC and pride, but qigong is not used (or supposed to be used) to ever draw blood or inflict harm. It's also a very big topic. Will discuss if anyone wants to. And even so, the jinn have the ability to stop such a fighter, they are alchemists of the fabric of existence, (of course only to the extent that Allah has allowed them to be).

Salam.

Edited by Spartan786

What type of Qigong are we speaking of? Qigong is a very broad term meaning many different things. It covers not only holistic medicine, but also martial arts and Taoist practices. The interplay of energies is an integral part of Eastern world view. Wushu is based not only on these concepts, yin/yang/etc, but is an integral part of many Chinese Muslims' lives and has been practiced for ages, protecting them and Islam. If one understands these beliefs and practices, and if one understands the Taoism of the Laotzu (600BCE) and Zhuangzi (370-301BCE) which helped mold them, I think one would see how easily they work together, as all things and all energies come from Allah (swt). I mention this because Taosim is one of the paths I've been led too in my life, because I respect Wushu, and because I respect the Muslims of China. Qiqong as a holistic medicine is very much about pressure points, as are various other forms of holistic medicine. Too often we call things 'magic' that when understood, aren't really magic at all. And when it concerns peoples lives, this is a very important distinction to make. I will get off my soapbox now. Sorry! :sl:

Pantheist13

"Panentheist13" - Yes, Qigong is a broad topic. For the most part, I am speaking about the internal arts (5 animal frolics etc) in martial arts, however it enters the realm of Chinese healing as well. I understand that many muslims still practice different extents of Qigong. I also know that western researchers have done research into Qigong and declared its 'authenticity'. Quite obviously it is very in depth as it has been practiced for so long and has had time to develop and manifest.

I have read books written by scholars who have had experiences with the 'spiritual realm' but have come to understand that it is in fact the work of the jinn. It basically follows the phrase that 'the devil will tell 9 truths to tell a lie'.

Since there are so many jinn and humans in the world, the possibilities of different situations are endless. One such incident was where a woman would urinate on the Quran in exchange for the help of the jinn. These jinn would be bound to these amulets the woman sold, which would keep the owner safe from ill fortune etc.

Now a buyer who sees an amulet with words from the Quran would assume it is authentic and it works.

Much like this there are so many situations where simple meditations can lead to involvement with the jinn while you remain unaware. Hinduism has great focus on meditation as well and has also been subject to the work of jinn. For example often aired on television in India are stories of where statues of deities etc have been known to consume water poured into the mouth of the statue and caught on camera. Though this is a small incident, step by step it can lead to bigger things. For example if from an Islamic perspective, though Islam informs to respect all religions, it allows the Hindu people to worship God through a variety of mediums, be it 'idols' or anything else. This can lead to misguidance etc.

The internal arts are quite interesting in martial arts, one thing that stands out is a masters ability to transfer 'energy' into his subjects and on doing so, the subjects are condition to 'muscle contraction' reactions which have even been dubbed by western researchers as 'natural'. These are in fact the result of jinn entering the body, taking the subjects as hosts.

How is it that different religions came to be? When slowly, bit by bit people adapted different 'understandings' of the world, possibly through spiritual realms or a change in moralities. If influenced by jinn, then possibly both.

Seems a bit much to include jinn in everything right? Well If you look at human history, or even simply understanding the philosophy and psychology behind the human mind, you will see there is a lot to be covered. Now all of this applies to a creature that you cannot see, what is more, is that Iblese if of the jinn and so they are closer to him. This leaves plenty of room for their intervention in our lives. Now its not that all problems are from jinn, however it is also not true that only in eastern countries you here stories of jinn or spirits or ghosts, they happen everywhere.

I live in Australia and people I know have had incidents with jinn. Matter of fact I've even explored upon meditation and the concept of activating energy spheres. It actually works. However, this energy business is not an 'ability' that humans can attain by themselves.

Now you made mention of how people are often quick to proclaim that something has been done through magic, fair enough. I know in the time of the Prophet (pbuh) there were people who had problems (i.e epilepsy type) and its true many people who are paranoid would immediately think its jinn. But that wasn't the case. I am aware of such people and I do not come to conclusions like that.

Matter of fact that's why I started looking into energy manipulation. I was actually looking to find that there was nothing wrong with it, and that it wasn't through the jinn. Didn't quite turn out.

Edited by Spartan786

Below are some links about the dangers of certain medication techniques and their links to jinn. I believe we should know both the benefits of such meditative techniques, as well as their harmful teachings.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthejinn(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/chi_jinn_my_story.htm"]Link 1[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetscribd(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/doc/14897428/CHI-or-TENAGA-DALAM-or-Inner-Energy-r-JINN-Related"]Link 2[/url]

Assalamu alaikum Freedslave,

Thank you for sharing the above links. They were very interesting and informative.

Salam

My best advice to you is to remember that Allah is the One who holds all true power, and no matter what abilities you may or may not have, they were given to you by your Lord and should be used to benefit and glorify Him. Misuse of your knowledge or attempting to manipulate things without pure intent will come with severe consequences, not only from your Lord, but from the evil ones who know more about it than you could even imagine.

He created us and everything that we are made of. For all intensive purposes, we are made of energy.

Yes, energy is easily manipulated. The state of the world today is the surest example of this. Look at the state of our minds, our bodies, and our souls, due to the psychological manipulation, influence, and magic of the evil ones. On the other hand, look at what happens when we sincerely turn to our Lord in love and humility, and the effect this has on the mind and the body and the soul. Even the act of waving your hand in the air changes your environment in really amazing ways if you pay attention.

If you want to better yourself, don't turn inward to things that might be haram if used incorrectly, but turn outward and ask your Creator to help you and increase your understanding of these things. Insha'Allah, He will guide you to what is best for you.

bah this is a pile of nonsense...In science we do this all the time, ITS CALLED USING YOUR BRAIN TO MANIPULATE YOUR ARMS AND LEGS TO GO DO WHAT YOU WANT DONE. It is haram to waist your whole life sitting down like a monk trying to make a chair move, lets say by some large miracle you are able to make a spoon move oooooooooo. What can you really do with that can you bring world peace?? can you heal death? how much of your life would have been waisted when death comes for you. Imagine telling Allah i spent all of my life trying to make a chair move with my mind and one move in another country, Allahs response to you would probable be I created for you hands and feet :sl: .

Exactly. I really don't think I could have said it better.