Islamic Forum
Princess Mujahada

Men, Would You Marry A Woman Older Than You?

Men, would you marry a woman older than you? Women, would u marry a guy younger than you?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. would you?

• woman: yes I would marry a guy younger than me
    • woman: NO I wouldnt marry a guy younger than me
    • woman: I dont know
    • man: yes I would marry a woman older than me
    • man: no I wouldnt marry a woman older than me
    • man: I dont know
    • other

:sl:

Well it is most common for the guy to be older than the wife, but many times thats not the case. Khadijah was older than the prophet Muhammed :sl: :j:

Personally for myself, I would prefer the guy to be older than me. I think it would make me uncomfortable if he was younger than me. If however he was a good muslim, and only maybe a year or less younger than me, than I would insha'Allah not pass him up.

Edited by Mujahada ÈäÊ ãÈÑæß

PropellerAds

You made the poll very straightforward, so I had to choose the first choice. :no:

I would prefer that he's a few years older, just because women mature faster. However, I would marry a younger guy if everything worked out, and Allah :sl: knows best.

:j:

Alhamdulillah my fiancee is younger than me, but i polled for "yes i would marry woman older than me" just because Rasool Allah(SAW) did that and married Khadija(peace of Allah be upon her).

was salam.

I am not sure anymore actually... but i did marry someone who is six years older than me :sl:

I voted no.

yes.

the physical age of a person relates poorly to their actual age (knowledge, wisdom, generosity).

peace and love. :sl:

saalam.

it is a western trait that "cougars" (older women) chase younger men. young men have always sought the knowledge of older men, and the sexual knowledge of older women. however, men a little older than the woman works.

Salam, i'd marry a Sis older then me by a few years, as long as they "work", then its cool if she's like 5 years older MAX, but i ent talking 10 years lol.

Im 14 btw...so, dont go looking at me yet! lol:P

salam anyway, take care all!

saalam.

it is a western trait that "cougars" (older women) chase younger men. young men have always sought the knowledge of older men, and the sexual knowledge of older women. however, men a little older than the woman works.

As salamualikum

So i supposed Hasrat Khatijah displayed "western traits" when she married the prophet? Someone i dont think so!!

In eastern enviroments men are usually a lot older then women so they can more easily control and dominate them.

As salamualikum

After puberty is over age becomes just a number - yes i would marry someone older.

I agree with this.

If she were rich and attractive?

Of course, always wanted a sugar momma! (h) haha

I voted yes. Simply because there is no reason for voting no.

Mehmet

If she were rich and attractive?

Of course, always wanted a sugar momma! (h) haha

lol...

I don't mind...am up for anything...just hope she is pious and obedient so when it comes to difficult times she does not make the situation worse...whoever she may be....where are you....*shouts out for her* .........

Edited by Ajmal

Peace,

I have a +/- 2 year policy, anything outwith that bracket makes it less likely they'll get my jokes.

Allah knows best. I voted for the first choice though I prefer to marry someone older than me.

:j:

Allah(swt) is the best of planners.

As marriage is the engagement of the 2 families,making stronger bonds within the Ummah,

forming a companionship,and completing half your deen,if its written for me by Allah(swt) I would marry someone older then me.

Preferance would be someone younger though.

Buut voted for the 4th option.

For marriage and other important decisions,my heart is my primary source and my mind is my secondary source. :sl:

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

Salaamu Alaikum

I wouldn't marry a guy younger than me.

As salamualikum

Sis why not?