Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
learning Islam

Islam in Uruguay

PropellerAds

Asalamu Alaykum

For the time being akhi…they just haven’t discovered this wonderful forum yet :D …Anyways how is practicing Islam in Uruguay? Do you have lots of masjids? Are there many Muslims? Erm…I think enough questions asked for now….

:D

there are no masjids in Uruguay. But we go on Fridays to the Egyptian Embassy, that has an Islamic Centre of Culture and has a sheik, his job has to do with certifing food I guess, but he is our sheik too :D

The amount of muslims that go n Friday must be 20 men and 4 women. But there must be more muslims, some go only on Eid or if theres a party :P

There are some irani muslims but they dont come on fridays, at least not often. Although they were invited to a breakfast in Ramadan and their ambassador invited us to his house too for another one :P

Being muslim here its a bit hard, because theres no muslim community. I reverted this year and foudn out that they have never gathered for some dinner, or to hang out. So I asked htem if they wanted to play a football match altogether, they said yes (even the sheik (w00t) ) but the next Friday only one said he could go..

There are no muslim shops to buy halal meat. And its hard to tell the women that I cant kiss them. Even a muslim sister kissed me once to say bye :D

wa alaikum salam

as salaam alaikum,

thanks sister, the embassy and us are making a plan for 2005 to make the Islamic Centre are better and more united place, let the prejudices fall and let Islam grow insh´Allah :D

wa alaikum salaam

Wa Alaykum salam

The rate of prejudice views held by westerners is increasing and the fear of the growth of Islam is rapidly multiplying....For the sake of my brothers and sisters in Uruquay i hope things are made easier and that Allah (swt) protects you and your families.

And its hard to tell the women that I cant kiss them. Even a muslim sister kissed me once to say bye

lol...what is the world coming too ey?

Does living in Uruquay make you feel uneasy because Muslims are the minority?

p.s-i ask alot of questions, if you mind do say so brother and i apoligize in advance if my words have wronged you.

wa alaykum salaam sister,

There are different types of minorities....muslims are a minority in UK, but if in Uruguay we had the same percentage of muslims you have there it would be awesome...

When the only salat in jamaat is the friday one, cant speak to a sheikh and 99% of what you learn is from the inernet...

A few months ago a new brother came...from jordan, he is very good mashAllah at least I have someone to spend time with nowadays....

I am from uruguay, but I'm not living there now.

I am planning to go soon, In sha Allah.

I see the posts are old.Is there anything now??

More muslims and Islamic centres??

In sha Allah, it's better for you :sl:

Assalamu aleykum. I want to contact with some religious people from Uruguay, to ask about religious situation in this country. It is some religious problem with Islam of pressure? If somebody can hel me with information, please contact with me.

Wa alaykum salaam,

New Islamic Centre.

Centro para la Practica y Divulgacion del Islam (Centre for the Practice and Call to Islam)

Situated at: Yi 1586 casi Cerro Largo, Montevideo, Uruguay.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamuruguay(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]Islam Uruguay site[/url]

Wa alaykum salaam,

New Islamic Centre.

Centro para la Practica y Divulgacion del Islam (Centre for the Practice and Call to Islam)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamuruguay(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]Islam Uruguay site[/url]

Wa alaykum salaam,

New Islamic Centre.

Wa alaykum salaam,

New Islamic Centre.