Islamic Forum
emel

Is Nothing Sacred?

:sl:

I'm lost for words...

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetabrajalbait(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/gallery.html"]Abraj Al Bait[/url]

PropellerAds

I'm lost for words...

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetabrajalbait(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/gallery.html"]Abraj Al Bait[/url]

I dont get it o.0

Subhan'Allah

Edited by Mujahada ÈäÊ ãÈÑæß

hmm i didnt get it at first...

until i saw the minute little box like shape and then... DUH... that's the Ka`bah! :sl: The cities crowded enough, do they really have to make huge shopping malls etc? And i really dont like the fact that some places you can see the haram from your washroom window! :j:

Sorry for not explaining properly, my heart sank when I saw these pictures. The thing that has shocked me so much is that the Saudi authorities are fast turning Mecca; a place of spiritual sanctuary, where pilgrims flock to escape the grasps of materialism, into a metropolis that will rival the likes of Dubai in a few decades time.

The new shopping complex is an eyesore and disgustingly excessive. It will cast an imposing shadow over Masjid-al Haram and completely dominate the Meccan horizon.

The resonance of these words is oh so timely...

...He said, "Inform me about the Hour." He (the Messenger of Allah) said, "About that the one questioned knows no more than the questioner." So he said, "Well, inform me about the signs thereof (i.e. of its coming)." Said he, "They are that the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress, that you will see the barefooted ones, the naked, the destitute, the herdsmen of the sheep (competing with each other) in raising lofty buildings." Thereupon the man went off... - the ending of the Hadith of Jibril

is this wrong or right

i was thinking that this will help people to sleep and continue theyr emra ect..

but still it looks something thats wrong to me :sl:

so whilst the maSheikh give money to ultra-orthodox communities that force women into the niqab, and extoll the virtues of piety and poverty whilst on Earth, they are busy building palaces to Mammon at one of the holiest sites on Earth?!?

this gives me a teeniest bit more respect for why bin laden is fighting - although NOT for any of his means.

This is grotesque!!!!! :sl:

peace.

(ps, was that the right use of maSheikh? please correct it :sl:)

Peace gnuneo: If by 'masheikh' you mean the religious scholars then that is the correct use of the word. However, it isn't the scholars promoting these projects, it's the authorities.

A story related on another forum that draws an interesting parallel:

When Sultan Ahmad built the Blue Masjid in Istanbul, he wanted to put six minarets on it (for a historical reason), but people objected because that was the same number of minarets as the Haram in Mecca. How did he get around this? He payed for a seventh minaret to be built at the Haram (Mecca)!

Rulers in the old days were afraid even to rival the structure of the Haram Sharif in a city thousands of miles away. Now it seems it's fair game: even when the new building in question is a shopping centre.

Guest amani
this gives me a teeniest bit more respect for why bin laden is fighting - although NOT for any of his means.

Peace

ahem guess whos building those buildings :sl: the Saudi bin laden group :j:

i do think its too tall but i guess if people dont like it just dont go in the mall. which is V nice. or stay there :sl:

i took a pic of it, here it is

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_i7.11chan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/albums/y294/essenn/Image005.jpg[/img]

:j:

Astagfirullah :sl:

I was going to quote that hadith sis emel, subhan'Allah.

peace,

Peace gnuneo: If by 'masheikh' you mean the religious scholars then that is the correct use of the word. However, it isn't the scholars promoting these projects, it's the authorities.
my bad, i had thought masheikh was a term for the rulers. How would that be expressed properly then? (and many thanks for the explanation :sl:)

ahem guess whos building those buildings tongue.gif the Saudi bin laden group wink.gif

but isn't he *supposed* to be an exile from his family? (although considering they own shares in the carlyle group, and the excuse he gave for Bush (also a large carlyle group holder) to invade afghanistan/iraq has brought the carlyle shareholders immense wealth makes me a little suspicious of the whole affair).

meh, the wealth from the oil should not be going to one (or a few) families, it should be shared equally amongst the people of SA. If the people of SA then decided to build such monstrosities, it would illustrate as nothing else the bankrupt nature of their religious beleifs, and wahhabism would die in the water. IMHO.

What will they say come Judgement?

"Lord, i build an enormous Shopping Mall around the Kaabah, to more fully praise you in Your Glory."?

it is a disgrace.

peace and love. :sl:

..a chocolate Bush? :sl:

peace. :sl:

People might go to makkah with the wrong intention i.e to do pilgrimage and to go shopping.

Some people go with empty luggages and come back with full ones!

They are discussing it here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forum.skyscraperpage(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/showthread.php?t=112555"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forum.skyscraperpage(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/showthread.php?t=112555[/url]

Edited by fisabilillah ö�í ÓÈíá Çááøå

or worse - they go out for a good days celebration of the Holy act of Shopping, a consumation of their love for the God Mammon, and what happens? They see the Kaabah and feel a twinge of guilt about shopping when there are so many people starving to death in the world.

really, that cube has to go, its lowering the whole neighbourhood! :j:

Peace adn love. :sl:

Assalamu Alaikum, the same discussion had taken place on Gawaher last year sometime, here is the link, check it out.

Maybe the Moderators can merge them together?

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=35455&hl=abraj"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic...55&hl=abraj[/url]

Guest amani
peace,

my bad, i had thought masheikh was a term for the rulers. How would that be expressed properly then? (and many thanks for the explanation :sl:)

Peace

what you call 'wahhabism' (i detest that word used like that,its a name of Allah) actually has nothing to do with it.

like i said, many complain we'll see how many people actually go shopping there. or stay there. after all its hotels and apartments. and they have to house the growing number of pilgrims somewhere. and many want to be as close to the Haram as posible.

How can you accept this giant thingy next to the Kaabah, i have no idea at all. It does not even suit being placed right there. But then again if people only knew that its not the quality of the bed that makes you sleep comfortably its the quality of your faith and realisation of Allah's mercy. Sleepihng on the floor and sleeping on the bed has no difference when you understand that its Allah that makes it either comfortable or not. People even get king size or movable beds or whatever you call them and they still can't sleep properly...

But then again if people only knew that its not the quality of the bed that makes you sleep comfortably its the quality of your faith and realisation of Allah's mercy. Sleepihng on the floor and sleeping on the bed has no difference when you understand that its Allah that makes it either comfortable or not. People even get king size or movable beds or whatever you call them and they still can't sleep properly...

aye, after a hard days good work even a sleeping bag on a wooden floor can be more comfortable than the softest bed after a day of lazy idleness. :sl:

amani: OK, i know next to nothing about 'wahhabism', and i guess due to the (probably safer) rules against discussion of sects i guess i won't learn the differences here either. But what IS the proper term for 'rulers' then, if masheikh means scholars? Pretty please?

peace and love. :sl:

aye, after a hard days good work even a sleeping bag on a wooden floor can be more comfortable than the softest bed after a day of lazy idleness. :sl:

Exactly, man you are going there for the sake of Hajj to increase you faith and decrease your bad deeds, you have to face the hardships to learn the lesson not making everying easy as you go along, I call that cheating and sly!

Guest amani
Exactly, man you are going there for the sake of Hajj to increase you faith and decrease your bad deeds, you have to face the hardships to learn the lesson not making everying easy as you go along, I call that cheating and sly!

i understand what you are saying, but in general not only Hajj but everything else is somewhat difference and easier. Hajj is much easier than even 50 years ago, its not the luxury its because people today are not the same as before and basics we expect is someone elses luxury. im not saying this hotel itsnt luxury though

The last renovations of that shopping complex were being completed whilst I was on hajj late last year. I found it amazingly bizarre that I could literally walk out of what many believe to be the holiest place on earth and in no less than 15 seconds be standing in front of a Burger King, with the shadow of the complex engulfing the Masjid al-Haram outside. A strange juxtaposition indeed.

Salaam.

I find it to be a lovely piece of architecture. The only problem I have with it is that it's too close to the Kaaba. It should definitely be built, but not at that location.

Assalamualikum

Oh my Allah! ........you know what would be awesome....if bin laden becomes president of a muslim country hehehe :sl: