Islamic Forum
Yacoob47

God's Revelation To Me, And How I Became Muslim Yesterday

I was arrested yesterday and put into jail for disorderly conduct: basically I used profane language around a police officer and I was arrested. While I was incarcerated, I got down on my knees and prayed "If there is a God, a Goddess, multiple gods, or even a scary monster who has compassion for a horrible person such as I, please give me a sign, please make me see the light." One hour after I was released from prison, I accompanied a friend to the DMV to get his license renewed. While I was there I asked a sister who was obviously Muslim based on her garb, who was also waiting at the DMV very unreligious questions such as "Aren't you hot in those clothes?" and things like that. We held a conversation for about thirty minutes, and (as I came to learn her name) Sister Aisha told me about Hold Islamville, which is a Muslim community in my rural South Carolina county, and I asked whether I would be welcome to observe services. Because I was terrified of offending anyone through my ignorance, I asked if she would put me in touch with an Imam or some other person who could explain things to me. She gave me Brother Ali's number, and by Allah's will, I called and after a three hour long conversation, with no other intention but to be educated, Brother Ali had me convinced that Allah had a plan for me and that I needed to do the Shahadah. I agreed, and he had his nephews drive 30-40 minutes to pick me up (I don't drive) and take me to the community, where I joyfully did my shahadah and became a Muslim. I regard both Sister Aisha and Brother Ali as instruments of God, and my conversion as nothing less than a miracle. I prayed, and Allah answered my prayer. May we all praise him for his kindness and mercy.

May God's peace be upon all of you!

PropellerAds

Thank you Bro for sharing your wonderful conversion story. Congratulation ...

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Let me begin with the greeting of Islam. And the greeting of Islam is the Salaam (peace):

As salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh (may the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you) my dear brother in Islam. :sl:

SubhaanAllah!!!!!!! Allahu Akbar!!!!!! (Glory be to Allah! Allah is Great!)

That was such a beautiful story, maashaa'Allah (what Allah wills - we say this when we're impressed with something/someone as it wouldn't be impressive except by Allah's will). Wow, that story really touched me.

Congratulations on making the wisest decision of your life. For this life is short. Paradise is eternal.

May Allah subhaanahu wa ta'aala (Glorified and Exalted is He) keep guiding you and make you an asset to this Ummah (Islamic nation).

Welcome to Islam! Welcome to the Islamic Forum! :sl:

Wassalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh