Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
d z e n a n a

Hadith

Can someone please explain what hadith is exactly. Everyone quotes hadith on here to back up their arguments. From what I have picked up, it is the words of Muhamed right? Correct me if I am wrong :D

Also, if it is the word of Muhamed and not of God, how relavent is it to the actual religion?

PropellerAds
Can someone please explain what hadith is exactly. Everyone quotes hadith on here to back up their arguments. From what I have picked up, it is the words of Muhamed right? Correct me if I am wrong  :D 

Also, if it is the word of Muhamed and not of God, how relavent is it to the actual religion?

As-salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

A hadith is the quote of the Prophet (pbuh), through a chain of narrators.

The strength of this chain i.e. whether it is continuous and contains sound narrators, determines the strength of the hadith.

As for your second question, the words of the Prophet are equal in religious value to the Words of Allah (swt)...why? Because the Prophet (pbuh) cannot say anything in religion which was not revealed to him by Allah (swt) in the first place.

Hence, we find that the only distinction between a hadith and the Qur'an, in religious matters, is that the Qur'an is the EXACT Word of Allah (swt) whereas hadiths are the phrasings of the Prophet for what Allah (swt) has revealed of sacred knowledge.

I highly recommend you go here to learn more:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-awareness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Hadith/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-awareness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Hadith/[/url]

W'as-salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

That is correct I would just like to add a couple of more things

We must submit our will to Allah swt and obey Him and his beloved messenger. That is part of the action of a true believer.

"Total submission is required after the surrender and some terms have to be set forth by Allah to be understood by the Muslim. There can be no option in the matter as Allah says in another verse" (Sheikh Yusuf Estes)

Allah swt says:

"But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (Muhammad, peace be upon him) as a judge in all disputes between them, and find no resistance against your decisions, and accept (the decisions) with full submission."

[Quran 4:65]

"It is not fitting for the believing man nor for the believing woman, that whenever Allah and His Messenger have decided any matter, that they should have any other opinion." [Quran 33:36]

Check out this site please Bro.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hFatwaID=7792"]Why do we have to follow sunnah (way) of the Prophet[/url]