Islamic Forum
oceanwave

Jehovah’s Witnesses learn Arabic

Jehovah’s Witnesses learn Arabic to convert Muslims

Some Dearborn-area Jehovah's Witnesses, known for their door-to-door activities to make people convert to Christianity, have been trying to learn the Arabic language to make American Muslims convert.

Jehovah's Witnesses say that 30 to 40 people related to Kingdom Hall have learned Arabic, and they visit Arab-American neighborhoods at least once per month.

"In six months, we have learned to read Arabic and to actually go out and give presentations," said Recina Ward, one of the Witnesses.

Similar efforts are being done in New York, California and in other areas where there is a large Arab and Muslim population.

"This sort of thing is happening more and more, especially since September 11," said Eide Alawan, a Muslim member in the Islamic Center of America. "When they come around, most of the people in my neighborhood are courteous enough to say thank you very much.

"Our people like to enter conversation with them; to challenge them, so to speak. They try to convert us. And maybe we try to convert them. With people praying five times a day, maybe Islam is something that should interest them.�

Most Arab-American families live in Detroit and the suburb of Dearborn. Jehovah's Witnesses say that the hospitality from Muslims and Arab Americans is very cordial.

"Even if we just say a simple greeting, the people are so happy that we are taking the initiative," Ward said.

Source: The Detroit News

PropellerAds

Jehovah's Witnesses, they used to be alot more active. I can remember a time when almost every week they would come door to door trying to preach their religion. Certainly not for me, their philosophy is just too far off base if you ask me.

What are they like in America?

Cos i mean ppl hate em down here. They just dont understand the word NO! my mate used to be a jehovah witness and she told me how ppl would chuck buckets of water from the window and throw things at them on their door to doors. But she admitted thats because they wouldnt leave people alone when they said they werent interested. kept on hassling them too much.

I think they've hopefully got the message now cos they are less in yer face- well down where i live.

In America we tend to shut the doors and pray they think nobody's home. They are persistant though, you gotta give them that.

Lol...

Jehohovaa!! hahaha man they been coming at my door apart from other other Christian Missionaries.. since i was born.... we invite them in for a cuppa tea... and tell them about Islam instead.. if they dont understand..... we just keep tellen em....

After a while they send some other people, because the old ones cant do anything, coz da muslim is too hard to "convert"

Gha i'm spoiled !!!!!!!!!

When they ring at my door i always tell em i am muslm... so they give up .

If they only could suspect i dun belive in God ... even if i am chatolic .

salama alikum,

i remeber when they use to come knocking at our door, my mum use to go she doesnt speak english properly. so there like oh thats fine and starts speaking formal bengali

:D i really do respect their eagerness to try an convert people,