Islamic Forum
atheist1

Did You Learn Anything From Gawaher ?

48 members have voted

1. 1. Did you learn anything from gawaher ?

• yes
    • no

Usually the purpose of such kind of forum is debating to learn, so my question is very simple did you learn anything here and if not what do you think the problem was?

PropellerAds

peace on all,

i learned a lot about many different things from many different people. quite a few member of the forum are young and a bit immature at times but i think over time posters will become more mature.

:sl:

I learnt about Islam before I was muslim which contributed to why I reverted 3 years ago.

Yes, I've been on IF for this long.

Yeah I've learnt a lot from Gawaher.

I've learnt what a wonderful loving family there is on here who are all really caring,supportive and great,alhumdulilah. :j:

A tiny Ummah on the forum we are, which is as tight as rope.

Alhumdulilah my Islamic Knowledge has improved from this forum since I joined.

Improved my writing skills such as poetry by writing loooots,lol.

Some very special people on this forum,may Allah bless them immensely,ameen.

Tiny Ummah is what I call this forum,subhanallah. :D

Who are there for each other always with their advice,love and care. :no:

So many people are very dear to me on this forum.

May Allah reward all of U immensely,ameen. :D

I've learnt quite a bit of stuff due to gawaher.. especially when someone asks a question, and you have to do research for the answer. :sl:

When I was a lost child and looking for my Father I found this site.

Through this site I found the true meaning of life....................Islam.

Through this site I found many friends................you know who you are.

Through this site I found the knowledge that I needed to take me on the right path...............Topics after topics, posts after posts.

Through this site I found my second home.............gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link).

P.S.

The child was me, my Father was Allah (swt)

:j:

Alhumdulilah.

Brother sorry but this doesn't sound right.

The child was me, my Father was Allah (swt)

Just thought I'd make it clear.

:no: for understanding.

Love u lots bro. :sl:

Alhumdulilah.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

What I meant was Allah created me.

Sorry for the confusion.

Peace,

I think I've learnt an awful lot from the forum. Different perspectives on all sorts of issues from religion to politics and everything inbetween. I'd like to think I'm more liberal about other points of view than when I joined and that can only be a good thing.

Salam,

Sure have learned A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best Islamic forum site!!!!

I believe I mainly learned 2 things from gawaher:

1- The only truths/ideas that a person will accept are those discovered by him, hence the best thing to do is to ask questions or give hints and let the thinker find his own answers.

2- Prejudice play an important role in shaping our thought thus the best of people are those who aboard things without any sort of premade judgment or prejudice.

Assalamu alaikum

I've learnt a lot from Gawaher, Alhamdullilah. This was especially true in the days when i was more of an active member, but the forum still serves to be extremely beneficial even now.

I believe I mainly learned 2 things from gawaher:

1- The only truths/ideas that a person will accept are those discovered by him, hence the best thing to do is to ask questions or give hints and let the thinker find his own answers.

2- Prejudice play an important role in shaping our thought thus the best of people are those who aboard things without any sort of premade judgment or prejudice.

It's nice to have people like you on the forums. :sl:

I've learnt quite a lot, especially the different viewpoints of people. Still, alhamdulillah, there were many similarities between members and thus, learnt the value and beauty of brotherhood/sisterhood.

Just like atheist1 said, the forum does hint people with ideas, in which they have to discover the truth themselves.

Keep up the good posts atheist1 mate,your a great asset to the forum. :no:

I've learnt some important aspects of life from the help of this forum,alhumdulilah.

Grateful for that aswell.

*Nearly Been on IF For A Year Now*

Subhanallah. :j:

This is a quote from the prophet written by Gibran, the thanks go to um’ahmad for suggesting him, I believe it summarize better than me the ideas I have put before:

Then said a teacher, "Speak to us of Teaching."

And he said:

No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of our knowledge.

The teacher who walks in the shadow of the temple, among his followers, gives not of his wisdom but rather of his faith and his lovingness.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

The astronomer may speak to you of his understanding of space, but he cannot give you his understanding.

The musician may sing to you of the rhythm which is in all space, but he cannot give you the ear which arrests the rhythm nor the voice that echoes it.

And he who is versed in the science of numbers can tell of the regions of weight and measure, but he cannot conduct you thither.

For the vision of one man lends not its wings to another man.

When your friend speaks his mind you fear not the "nay" in your own mind, nor do you withhold the "ay."

Please note, that this is not to be misunderstood that words are not holders of truth or that truth is not teachable, but is more a fact that our intelligence is the first and most important principle in any quest.

Finally I want to add that in a dark world it really means a lot to discover that there still exist goodness in the heart of man, this brings comfort and hope, so I want to thank everybody for their beautiful words.

Ya learned a lot... Its one year and one day, (second counting) since I joined....

by the way, nice topic...

Salam

Gawaher changed my view of the world--no joke. Learning from this forum is one of the more important events in my life.

I learned that people are people across the world, and even if I really disagree with something people do/think learning why they are doing it is the only way to solve this world's problems.

Edited by Sky

Salaam

Gawaher taught me alot, thanks to all the bros and sis!

I've been here for half a year but didn't be an active member till a few months later like March i think.

Edited by Tash

Salamu alaykum,

i learned some important hadiths in particular and it really means a lot to me. Ahh and nice friends. :sl: I am so happy to know people here. I like here so much that i try to advise people who are muslims and non-muslims.

Currently, thirty-five people said yes, and one person said no. I'm just wondering whose the person that said no?

Alhamdo l'Ellah since I started this forum 5 years ago, my Islamic knowledge have increased. Many good members contributed to this, jazakum Allah khayran. In addition, searching and reading before answering questions added much to my own knowledge. But I admit that the time I spend in tech stuff managing the forum affects the time I spend to educate myself, but then again.. someone has to do it.

I pray that Allah :sl: accepts our deeds and be pleased with us all, ameen.

Assalamu alaikum, I can only say that Gawaher has become a small but significant part of my life since I joined, and more so since I was made the Support Team member. Alhamdulillah, Since being on Gawaher, I have had to recheck myself and do a lot of research, because I did not want to post anything that would mislead the members.

I love the Question and Answer section, because of which I have increased a lot of knowledge, plus I had the opportunity to correct myself, which was a Bonus.

I have a kind of loving and caring family given to me by Allah on Gawaher, all the way from the Admin Br. dot to the youngest member which if I am not wrong is Shameela right now, sometimes I think I should chane my username to Khaala, lol.

Last but not least, I want to thank my daughter UmEesaa and son in law abuhajira who forced me to join Gawaher, without their pushing, My knowledge would be 20% of what it is now.

JazaakAllahu Khairan Br. dot for giving us all this fecility, may Allah help us and many more through Gawaher, and may Allah accept the efforts of the brothers and sisters, ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum umAhmad.

I've been on for almost 5 years :sl: I was almost 12 when I joined, now I'm going to be 17 :j: alhamdulilah (It's amazing how much gawaher has changed AND how much it has grown subhan'Allah masha'Allah!)

I definitely learned tons alhamdulilah masha'Allah Allahu akbar!

Edited by Mujahada ÈäÊ ãÈÑæß